Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Prologue

epicbob

Explorer
Robert Weaving

"Taming dragons? I didn't expect this. Their ambitions are seemingly reaching beyond the cult itself..."

Shaking his head, he continues : "This is not good. I may be walking into something too big for me. I need more information. Perhaps at the village..."

mips42

Adventurer
'Not good indeed, Robert. Lets head back, let them know that they don't have to worry about gnolls and see what else we can find out. Information is our best weapon right now.'

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
You suddenly notice the absence of Kerri, the group's druid. You soin find her by the natural spring, seemingly entranced by the standing stones. Slowly, she reaches down for some water and begins to clean the red gnoll graffiti away, revealing the runes beneath.

"You all go on ahead," she says. "I wish to cleanse this area of the gnoll's influence and restore the proper balance of nature. You are heading to Greenest, yes? I may catch up with you there. If not... it's been good to meet you all." You leave her to her druidic meditations.

----------

You journey back to Shad's Copse, suffering the incessant singing of Lirric as he attempts to compose a heroic ballad about the gnolls and his brave rescuers. Upon returning to the Tapped Keg tavern, he quickly runs inside, and you hear a cry of joy. Entering the bar you see Lirric and Marie in a warm embrace, a few tears forming in her eyes. Her father looks on disapprovingly from the bar.

The two gnomes, James and Jenna, are sitting at a table in the far corner, tucking into a substantial meal. You soon join them, and they explain that they plan to leave for Greenest tomorrow, now that their cart is repaired. They would be more than happy to take your group along as well, and of course would only ask for the meager sum of 10 gold for the favour.

Grundiz the dwarf walks over to your group, and hands over a small purse containing forty gold coins. After hearing your story of the gnolls and their mysterious attackers, he promises to have words with Henric and some of the more able bodied villagers to set up a watch, to warn of any potential attacks on Shad's Copse. He's concerned thaty their tiny settlement won't be able to repel any serious attack, and suggests you might seek help from Greenest if you are headed that way tomorrow.

MILESTONE - Level Up!

[OOC: If people want to level up in the original OOC thread, I can progress the story to Greenest once we're all done. dream66 / Kerri can rejoin if and when they are able. Feel free to post some more roleplay in this thread if you like until we're all ready to go.]

Brother Dave

First Post
Rolen is intrigued by this cleansing ritual Kerri plans to perform and is tempted to stay and watch. But his overwhelming need to get to Greenest overrides his curiosity, and he decides to stay with the group.

On the short journey to Shad's Copse, he contemplates his actions and the bonds he is forming with his new comrades. Especially during the brief altercations. He had of course participated in combat many times during his training, but this was very different. Knowing that his life, and that of his allies, could hinge on his actions and his healing skill...that made everything more poignant, and made his connection to and faith in Sehanine Moonbow stronger than ever.

I feel...stronger, somehow...more alive. Closer to the Goddess...closer to understanding Her will...more open to her wisdom and power. It is enlightening, and yet also somewhat frightening. I know that as I grow stronger in knowledge and power, the tasks She sets me will grow in magnitude as well. She is testing me, preparing me....something. Perhaps it has something to do with the dreams? I do not know. <sigh> I need more information. Somehow Greenest holds the next key to this puzzle...it must! I must have faith! I must keep my eyes, and mind, open; my friends and allies close. And most of all, I must remember Her teachings.

epicbob

Explorer
Robert Weaving

[sblock=ooc]My character sheet is updated in the OOC thread. The link is in my account profile page.[/sblock]

As he recovers from his expenditure of magic, he feels himself becoming both more powerful and more familiar with his powers. Inspiration comes to him on new ways to apply the arcane energies swelling from within him.

He can't help but let a confident smirk form on his lips.

"Those who wronged me will be in for a surprise. Pet dragon or not."

mips42

Adventurer
The trip back to Shads copse disappears in a swirl of questions fed by the few small answers found with the gnolls and the bard they, luckily, found alive.
Returning to The Tapped Keg, Erevan sits, brooding, at a table, barely tasting the food and drink served him.
After Grundiz delivers the coin purse, he looks around for Tim.

Li Shenron

Legend
During the journey back and then at The Tapped Keg, Miri can't get the though of a dragon-like creature being commanded with a whip. "This doesn't sound possible. How would a dragon ever let someone treat her like a mere animal? It can't be true, it must have been some other sort of creature."

Brother Dave

First Post
Rolen waits until the group is together and says, "We...we haven't really spoken about your plans...what you were doing....or planning to do....go..." He sighs with frustration at his own awkwardness. "I guess what I am saying is that I need to get to Greenest as soon as possible, so I will be taking James and Jenna up on their offer. I..." He steels himself, his cheeks darkening with embarrassment as he finishes in a rush. "I would welcome your company if you are also travelling in that direction." He pauses, then continues in a more normal voice. "The Hoptodd's are...really...well, the truth is they are a bit trying...they argue constantly...you have no idea." He rolls his eyes, "b..but they seem like good people, and they have dealt fairly with me." He looks at them expectantly, and with some trepidation.

Remove ads