[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

Jemal

Adventurer
Michelle will march anywhere in the middle. She won't lead the way, but she doesn't want to follow in the rear... Though some of those guys do prove to have nice.. um.. distractions for the eye. ;)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
(Merak: Can Oren get a check to notice if he's distracting Michelle's eye? :p)

As the journey commences, Oren tries to make some casual conversation with Norynth.

"Those are some nice dogs... If you don't mind me asking, how does a fellow come into that line of work? Training animals, you know. It seems very rather interesting..."

MerakSpielman

First Post
(I am making the assumption that you will simply travel west, day after day, until you reach someplace, so I will just describe your travel until something happens. Please let me know if this is an innapropriate assumption)

The first day of travel passes without events of much significance. You pass several other travelers going the other way, mostly commoners. At one point you have to stand aside as a lone rider gallops past you, traveling west. The weather is pleasent, and the air does not chill overmuch as twilight nears.

You set camp and spend some time getting to know each other better as you eat. You have no tents, but it is not cold and the ground is dry so you simply lay out your bedrolls for a well-deserved sleep, posting watches as you have discussed.

The night passes uneventfully, though several of you have dreams of future glory, fame, or wealth, inspired by your new occupation and the excitement of your first quest.

The new day dawns much the same as the first, and you strike camp and head out.

The farms are become fewer and further between, and patches of trees and wild land are becoming more and more frequent. It is late morning when you hear shouts from the side of the road.

A lone farmer, looking like he must be about fifty years old, is waving both hands and running towards you, shouting. When he gets close enough to hear, he says,
"Leapin' lizards! I know not who ya folks may be, but ya looks like yer some tough fellas. I know I'm takin' a chance, and ya might jus kill me an' burn down me farm for botherin' ya, but I got me a problem, and unless somebody helps me, I won't be able ter do any work aroun' here!"

He looks hopefully at your party, wringing his hands pathetically, waiting for you to stop or respond in some way.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
From atop his new pony, Grimbard gruffly responded to the farmer, "What's the problem? We've got our own worries, so make it quick!"

OOC: I'm just tryin' to roleplay my... low... charisma score. :)

MerakSpielman

First Post
The aging man looks miserably at the dwarf, about at his eye level, and responds,

"Please, Master Dwarf, help me! Me barn has been overrun with MONSTERS. They've eaten all me chickens two days ago, and me goat yesterday, and I fears they'll be movin' on to the cows today! An' poor Leslie, she ain't been milked in all this time, she mus' be havin' a terrible uncomfortable time of it. Can you drive 'em off? Or kill 'em? The town's too far to help, and yer the firs' fightin' folks I've seen in all this time."

He seems sincerely bothered.

garyh

First Post
His interest piqued, Grimbard asked, "What kind of monsters are these?"

From the look on his face, everyone can tell Grimbard's hoping for a particular answer...

MerakSpielman

First Post
"I told ya! Lizards, Noble Dwarf! As big as I'm tall, without a doubt! They're settin' up a nest in that barn, and unless I'm mistaken, if something's not done, there'll be hunnerds of the little buggers around in a year's time!"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Oren listens to the farmer, somewhat bemused by his simple ways but nonetheless concerned, in a detached sort of way.

"I propose that we offer these creatures a deal, that they may leave this man's barn and go somewhere else..."

He looks around, sees only confused glares.

"I'm joking. Norynth? Grimbard? I think this is more your task than mine, though I'll be at your back no doubt. What do you say?"

(Note: Should we go in to fight them before I can post again, Oren will stay out of sight and catch them by surprise... He'll throw daggers 'til he's down to one, then stay back unless it looks like one can be taken out with one blow, in which case he'll charge.)

Remove ads