[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Nice map! Also, I've had a chance to read through the party's history more carefully now :) With the addition of a wizard and a cleric, it looks like we're in pretty good shape. And we have lots of food (mushrooms) and water (cleric) for an extended exploration. Could be fun if we can get the game started up again.

Treating Norynth's poison (OOC): Asking for a retroactive heal check (+7) here, which Xendengalis surely would have done if he was present and fully aware as Norynth and his dogs became poisoned. Please? If not, or if you allow it but he's unsuccessful, see below:

After his meditations, Xendengalis turns to examine Norynth. He tries to determine how badly he is still affected by the poison (heal check +7), and if another day of resting would help significantly or not (long term care heal check, +7, recover ability damage at twice normal rate if treated for a day or more). If an extra day would help, he suggests that the party stay the extra night, as it seems we're pretty set with food and water, and relatively safe from any random monsters. If not, he's ready to go.

Thanee

First Post
[flashback - OOC: hope that'll works for you! :)]

Alexi had been late. She had done a quick errant duty for the Baron Trevor Idlespear, which turned out to be a bit more difficult than estimated, and now that she had returned, the group already left for Myrtolo Keep a few days ago. She was supposed to go with them, so she was sent after the others in a hurry. Riding Hurricane as quickly as possible without completely exhausting him, she followed the road to the west.

In Ambroi she finally met up with the rest of the group, while they visited the local temple of Pelor. Since they decided to take a ship to Myrtolo Keep, Hurricane had to be left behind. Not trusting the local inhabitants too much, Alexi could persuade the priest in the temple to keep an eye out for her horse until her return and left a good amount of money for his safekeeping (5pp).

The party then crossed the sea to Myrtolo Keep. Alexi, never having been on a ship before, became seasick, however, and when the group entered the keep, she was left outside at the secret door, standing guard until she had recovered completely. Through Blackwing, her raven companion, she could easily alarm the others, if something would happen outside.

Now the party headed back outside to rest and heal and to regroup. Alexi's sickness was gone in the meantime and so she can now help explore the rest of Myrtolo Keep.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
As the party emerges from the secret passage, Alexi is waiting outside and greets them cheerfully!

Ahh... you finally return! I hope you're all well...

She pauses for a moment, seeing some of the others not in the best shape.

I hope it's nothing serious? I'm sure a good night of rest will do us all a favor, the fresh air outside helped me recover quickly, so I'm ready to join you on any further investigations.

When Xendengalis asks Alexi about sending her raven to get a better view, she nods.

I will send Blackwing up to scout the vincinity in the morning, Xendengalis.

The night passes...

In the morning, Alexi will go back outside and send Blackwing on a little scouting tour, ordering him to stay in a good distance and not flying too far, tho.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Thanee, could you pick a slightly brighter color? :D

IC: Norynth finds somewhere to rest for a bit, little Titus curling up in his lap.
Gertrude takes up a Guard position, 5 feet away on a boulder.

MerakSpielman

First Post
Re-evaluating the state of Norynth's poisoning.... You think he should probably be good as new within a few days.

Blackwing launches himself into the air, spiraling up slowly on the updraft at the edge of the sea. Soon, he reaches the top of the cliff.

Mistress, I see a man-building of stone, with several high places that look good for nesting. There are many large rocks scattered about. There is a foul smell in the air.

I see movement. There are creatures below, man-shaped but not men. It is they who stink. They are carrying something and traveling towards the man-building.

Blackwing's telepathic communication begins to sound alarmed.

They have seen me and are pointing. I hear shouts. They are doing something - they are preparing weapons. I have seen these weapons before. They are capable of shooting birds from the sky.

I flee.

Moments later, Blackwing plumets in a controlled dive down the cliff-face. You can all hear faint, hungry-sounding shouts coming from above.

Thanee

First Post
Oops! Looks like they don't like birds up here...

...or they do, judging from their hungry shouts.

Blackwing makes a sort-of coughing noise.

Alexi then tells the others, what he has seen.

There are several creatures in the keep up there on the cliff. Maybe those goblins? They are carrying something inside. Unfortunately, they have spotted Blackwing in the sky and so he had to retreat, since they prepared bows or similar weapons.

Then she turns to Blackwing.

Could you count them? Were it just a few or many? A dozen maybe? More or less? And were they goblins? Tell us, please!

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"Too bad we can't fly," Oren says softly. "We could go and get the jump on 'em right now... Or better yet, we could fly somewhere that isn't here where it's a decent place and they have beds that don't try to drown you..."

His feet still thinking, however, he pads softly backward through the door, gesturing for the others to follow -- just in case they really are as hungry as they sound up there.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Norynth wearily stands again and moves himself and his Dogs back inside, out of view of any creatures above.

silentspace

First Post
Nods at Oren, quickly following him inside.

Do you think they were smart enough to guess that Blackwing might be an arcane familiar? If they did, let's hope they don't know about this secret entrance! Norynth, if it looks safe and you feel up to it, perhaps you could obliterate any traces we left outside? Is there a way to conceal that secret door? Nothing better than doors that are both secret and concealed! What's that Oren? Oh yes, you're right! There is something better! Locked secret concealed doors! Do you think there's a way to lock the door from the inside?

If the party wants to move ahead, he'll offer Norynth his shield, since both his strength and constitution are damaged. He tries to show Norynth how well-built it is, and how good it would be for bashing, but he just ends up knocking his mace and shield together, looking silly. If it looks like they're still safe, and the party wants to stay for a while to let Norynth recover, he'll do his best to provide Titus and him long-term care. Otherwise, he's ready to go.

Fumbling through his gear...

By Pelor! I forgot to get a new healing kit! I must have used up my last one helping those peasants with the overturned cart. I hope we find one here at Myrtolo. It was an armed garrison before, after all. Alas, if I had your brains Alexi, I would have remembered to get a new one in Ambroi.

Remove ads