• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

MerakSpielman

First Post
Beyond the ruined south door is a short hallway terminating at another door, also badly deteriorated. This second door opens into an east-west passage.

dpdx

Explorer
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
Looking to the southern doors, Norynth says 'Let us see what lies beyond those, friends.'
Kerith replies as if he had recently stepped in poo: "Oi, let us instead see you resemble something living before we soldier on, aright?"

Rolling his eyes, he helps Norynth up, and back the way they came. "Reckon we've secured a good section of castle, why not take advantage of some extra rest? Anyway, if we do go, someone's going to have to help keep this one in the back until he can fight again..."

Last edited:

Imerak

First Post
Foran shrugs. "I dunnno. I mean, do the goblins know we're here? I don't think so. If we press on further we could alert them right, and they'd follow us back here, and we'd never get any rest. Still, it seems like a bit of a disappointment just to spend all this time getting here and then resting for days. We might not have enough rations if we do. I'm inclined to press on, but that's just me."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Norynth listens to the wisdom of his friend, nodding that a rest might be good, after all.

OoC:Er, Im wounded and poisoned, I'd just as soon be hale when the goblins kill me :D

Jemal

Adventurer
"We should rest at least for the night." Michelle speaks up as she moves over to Norynth.

"He looks like he wouldn't make it very far tonight anyways, we're all tired... Well at least you all LOOK tired, and I'm not feeling the best either. Oh I can still work some magic if needed, but I'ld rather we all be in better condition, don't you think so?" She looks around at everyone, finishing up looking at Foran as she continues. "A single day shouldn't hurt our provisions much, and once we start encountering goblins, I'm sure THEY have food somewhere."

dpdx

Explorer
Kerith packs up his things and helps prop Norynth up with a shoulder. "Okay, then - how far back? Last empty room? Keep the door shut? Or where we slept last night?"

silentspace

First Post
[back at the Temple of Pelor, after the acolyte gifts Norinth and Kerith with the potions]

"There is, however, a young travelling cleric who arrived just a few days ago, and has been staying with us here at the temple. I've asked him to stay and help around here, but he has declined. He says he must see the world, and spread the blessings of Pelor where he can. Which, I suppose, is why he came here, to Ambroi. Ah! let me speak to him. If he agrees to join you, I will send him out."

A few minutes later, a fit, well built young man appears. He is deeply tanned, unlike the other priests you have seen here, and you notice he wears scale mail under his yellow priests robes. There is something exotic about him, as if he had seen much in his short years.

"Greetings, friends. I am Xendangalis. I will join you on your noble mission, and help the good citizens of Silleria return safely to Myrtolo Keep. With Pelor's blessing, we are sure to succeed!" They agree to meet at the docks tomorrow.

When they arrive the next day, Xendangalis is sitting on a vacant spot of the docks, sitting cross-legged and meditating, his face tilted up slightly to the sun. He rises as the party approaches him. He greets all of them warmly. You notice he's ready to go, with weapons on his belt, pack, travelling cloak, and shield slung over his shoulder.

silentspace

First Post
Xendengalis starts to heal Norynth's wounds (1d8 +3 each, until he's at 4 under max or less).

Friends, we have not encountered any goblins yet, and have only battled unthinking vermin. Surely these creatures can't be placed here by the goblins! They must have wandered in on their own, attracted to the vile dark of this desolate place. I believe the goblins don't even know we're here. Come friends, let us retreat from the keep and have our rest outside. I think it would be safer, and since we are near the sea, Norynth may be able to catch some fish for us to eat, and preserve our rations, which we are running low on. It would be a welcome break from this darkness. We can enjoy the green grass and singing birds, who, like us, are the beneficiaries of Pelor's grace. Plus, I'd like to scout out the place, get the lay of the land, and see what other entrances there might be to this keep. What say you all?

Last edited:

Remove ads