D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Lenya and the Elven Ambassador

The elven ambassador looks up at Lenya, smiling, hands covered in soil, a smudge of dirt on her nose from where she scratched an itch doing nothing to mar her near porcelain beauty, "And sometimes a plant is just a plant."

The ambassador stood and dusted her hands off on her robes, then extended a hand with a nod of her head, "I am Delenn Mir, of the Tenth Fane of Elleya. And you are Lenya of the Anla'Shok."

After a moment, Delenn takes Lenya's chin with her soil covered hand, lifting her head so that their eyes meet, "I know you were born to the Worker Caste and taught to look down in the presence of one such as myself. But, I cannot have an aide who will not look up. You will be forever walking in to things." She smiles again, rather mischievously, an odd trait for a member of the Religious Caste.

Felix and Markus Working Overtime

The Red District docks are reserved for the ships of the nobility of various races, as well as the appointed ambassadors of all races and other VIPs of various sorts. As such, they are decidedly more elegant and well maintained than the Green District docks from which Markus and Felix had just come.

The dock set aside for the Deva Ambassador's arrival was isolated, as per the Devas' instructions. The ships of the Deva had no crews, being operated completely by magic...at least according to rumor. In truth, no one knew what to expect, but Lord Clarion wanted security to be tight around the ambassador's arrival. He also wanted a formal greeting party consisting of himself, Lady Ivarra, and the elven, dragonborn, and tiefling ambassadors. Felix was well acquainted with the tiefling ambassador, Londo Mollari, as the often drunk tiefling noble frequented the same gambling dens Felix did. Mollari had even bought Felix a drink once as Felix was the only one left in the bar near closing time when the ambassador decided to share yet another tale of the "good old days of the tiefling republic."

OOC: Feel free to improvise and embellish a bit when describing what security measures you intend to take. Having been put in charge of this detail, Markus and Felix have a contingent of 25 city guards at their disposal as well as two hippogriff riders and a patrol ship and its crew. You'll also need to inform the ambassadors.

Korgon, Rhal, and Amisi Learn of Disturbing Things

Adail looks at the dragonborn's hand and does his best to hide a shudder, "You...honor me, sir, but it is not my place. You will need to speak to the senior Corps member in residence, Markus." Adail looks Korgon up and down and does an even worse job of hiding his disgust, "The same goes for you...sir."

Meanwhile, Amisi reads the letter...

I apologize for not meeting you in Gull as I planned. The Corps found me and I had to make a hasty departure. I struggled and agonized over whether to tell you, to tell anyone, but I need to be able to trust someone. I am a fugitive. A rogue. No longer a member of the Corps. I know you know what that means for me, and what it means for you by my telling you this.

You will need to burn this letter after reading it, of course. But, I had to warn you. I have learned through the rogue mage underground that an assassin is preparing to strike in the Fifth City. I do not know who the target is or when they will strike, but I believe it will be soon.

I am sorry for putting you in this position. Know that I care for you, deeply. You, more than any of my other students, have a potential that is beyond measure.

Best regards,
Ironheart

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: I am confuzzled. It was signed "Ironheart" at the bottom.

OOC: Whoops, my bad. For some reason it didn't show that on my iPad. I should have known to check on the computer first. Sorry! I knew who it was from anyway but I wasn't sure if it was a "quickly written thing" or didn't sign it to incriminate or whatever. Thanks.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: I am confuzzled. It was signed "Ironheart" at the bottom.

OOC: Whoops, my bad. For some reason it didn't show that on my iPad. I should have known to check on the computer first. Sorry! I knew who it was from anyway but I wasn't sure if it was a "quickly written thing" or didn't sign it to incriminate or whatever. Thanks.

Oh, while I am at it, just FYI I can't post colors or edit from my iPad either (Tapatalk). I do try to go back and edit the color in or fix mistakes later as soon as I can.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi furrows her brows even further as she reads, and rereads, the letter in her hand. She ponders about what was written it in. Surely she could not trust her new friends with this information but she would be needing help to investigate and deal with it. She also was not sure about speaking to Markus about it; after all he was very dedicated to the Corp and was a rule follower. It would get her in trouble just to even know these things. She was going to have to think on this some more, perhaps as she spent time with her new friends she would find companions she could trust in these new people.

She clears her throat as she walks back over to Adail. She says in a somewhat commanding voice, "Adail, friend, these people are tired and need a place to rest. Markus will have no issue with them staying. Now please go and prepare rooms for them and you can speak to Markus to confirm when he returns."

She turns back to Rhal and Korgon. She narrows her eyes only briefly at Korgon before speaking. "So, what did you two have planned for today? Are you in need of a meal?" She turns to Korgon and crinkles her nose, "Of course, that is after YOU take a bath."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenya and the Elven Ambassador

The elven ambassador looks up at Lenya, smiling, hands covered in soil, a smudge of dirt on her nose from where she scratched an itch doing nothing to mar her near porcelain beauty, "And sometimes a plant is just a plant."

The ambassador stood and dusted her hands off on her robes, then extended a hand with a nod of her head, "I am Delenn Mir, of the Tenth Fane of Elleya. And you are Lenya of the Anla'Shok."

After a moment, Delenn takes Lenya's chin with her soil covered hand, lifting her head so that their eyes meet, "I know you were born to the Worker Caste and taught to look down in the presence of one such as myself. But, I cannot have an aide who will not look up. You will be forever walking in to things." She smiles again, rather mischievously, an odd trait for a member of the Religious Caste.

Lenya did not resist when the ambassador lifted her chin. For the briefest moment, her lips twitched in what might be a hint of a grin- and with such a prompt, her gaze was, for an instant, piercingly direct. "While I have not been initiated into the deeper mysteries of the Anla-Shok, I am trained as an archer, and I can look up when I must. But I have found that by keeping one's eyes down, one may more clearly see the obstacles in the path before tripping over them." She paused briefly, looking around the garden with a level gaze. "And there are many folk in the outer world who see downcast eyes and a reserved manner as a sign of meekness, an indication that one is not a threat- that makes it easier to put an arrow in them." Again she paused, and looked at the ambassador directly for another moment before dropping her gaze once more (though not quite so far, this time). "I do not know why I was selected to serve you, Honored, and so I watch my path for hints of what might lie ahead. Already this city has cast one obstacle in front of me, but with the assistance of some others from my ship I was able to pass it without violence. If the next obstacle requires violence to overcome, I will be ready, but I know violence cannot solve everything, and may even create new obstacles... I hope I may learn while in your service, and that my skills will be of value to you." Her voice, rarely more than a whisper, faded away into a mumble, as if a long-hoarded store of words had been exhausted...

Fenris

Adventurer
She turns back to Rhal and Korgon. She narrows her eyes only briefly at Korgon before speaking. "So, what did you two have planned for today? Are you in need of a meal?" She turns to Korgon and crinkles her nose, "Of course, that is after YOU take a bath."

Korgon shrugs, the odor didn't bother him, too many punishments of that type, but he was dirtier than he liked. "Well, do you have one here or do we need to go to a public bath?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Yes, we have baths here." She suddenly felt badly for whomever was going to have to clean up that mess. "I will take you upstairs." She leads both Rhal and Korgon up to the second floor. She points out the common bath at the end of the hallway and her room, which looks out towards the water. She shows them Markus's room then says, "All the rest are free, take your pick. I am sure he won't mind." She takes a few steps toward her room then turns back to them. "Perhaps after you've refreshed yourselves we can talk." She looks down at the letter in her hand, then back to the men. "I could use some advice."

Remove ads