D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Fenris

Adventurer
Amisi blushes but smiles anyway. "It's a nice place Korgon, you'll actually have to behave yourself! Perhaps it will be too nice for your liking. I have a feeling you like life rough and tumble. Maybe you should chose our dinner spot. No doubt you'd find a fun place for us. I have not been long in the city myself and I am dying to explore."

Korgon laughs. "If you think better furniture and new paint will get to be behave, you have quite a bit to learn little girl. But yes, I have a few places in mind for dinner. Heck a few won't even allow brawling" he adds with his trademark wolfish grin.

pathfinderq1

First Post
In the space of moments, Lenya's slender form had vanished into the crowded streets of the city. She paused for a few seconds at the first intersection, just long enough to pull up the hood of her jacket so that her race was not quite so immediately apparent.

With that done, she set off through the streets in search of the ambassador's residence. She had been given directions, of course, as part of the message which had requested her presence. But this city was much larger, more crowded, and more chaotic, than any of the places she had lived before. Several times over the course of the first block she had people (of various races) almost run into her, so intent upon their own errands that they didn't seem to notice her, even after she had dodged out of their way. She was too calm to take it personally, but it made her own travel slower, and navigating the unfamiliar streets took more of her own focus than it should have. Finally she reached the streets of the Red District, which were less crowded and noisy.

Walking carefully along the side of the street, she began to look for the ambassador's residence...

[sblock= OOC] Leaving this a bit open to start with, in case the GM wants to interject anything BEFORE Lenya reaches the embassy... [/sblock]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"A day for now. Decisions should be incremental," said Rhal, continuing. "And of your second question, the ship brought me here, the very same that brought you." The dragonborn said, a raised eyebrow for Amisi. Then Rhal remembered that humans have peculiar ways of asking questions. "Ahh, I am being foolish. You mean why did I choose to arrive here at this moment... It is because I have seen so little of the world for so long that I am urged to seek company and civilization, and to hatch anew."

Amisi stares at Rhal for a long moment then laughs. "Yes, that is what I meant. And I agree, I am enjoying finding out what the great big world is like. But hatch anew? What does that mean? I have met some of your kind but I admit I have not had the pleasure of making friends with any of them."

Korgon laughs. "If you think better furniture and new paint will get to be behave, you have quite a bit to learn little girl. But yes, I have a few places in mind for dinner. Heck a few won't even allow brawling" he adds with his trademark wolfish grin.

Amisi furrows her brows at Korgon as her mood turns. "That is not the proper way to address a lady!" she huffs, her arms crossed. "Learn some manners! I am no little girl!"

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Amisi stares at Rhal for a long moment then laughs. "Yes, that is what I meant. And I agree, I am enjoying finding out what the great big world is like. But hatch anew? What does that mean? I have met some of your kind but I admit I have not had the pleasure of making friends with any of them."

Rhal looks skyward a moment and says "To reawaken, in your parlance."

Shaking his head, he continued. "Bear no philosophical musings from me. I have been long alone, and am eager for company. The needs of beings are not so complex as I am want to make them." Rhal looked at the human woman for a long moment. "Now Amisi, my work kept me from conversation upon the sea. Tell me of your life and why you have decided to return to the City."

Fenris

Adventurer
Amisi furrows her brows at Korgon as her mood turns. "That is not the proper way to address a lady!" she huffs, her arms crossed. "Learn some manners! I am no little girl!"

Korgon's smile broadens "Oh truly?" he chuckles. "My manners are quite appropriate wee princess. And should you be queen of the world, you will be a little girl to me." he says patting her on the head.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Scotley, are you still with us?

Lenya Meets the Elven Ambassador

Lenya arrived in the elven embassy building after nearly getting lost a few times. The building was an elegant blend of architectural styles, meant to invoke the serenity of the Religious caste, the spirit of the Warrior caste, and the service of the Worker caste. Serenity, Spirit, Service - the motto of the elven diplomatic sub-caste, a relatively new branch of the Religious caste, trained to deal with other races. The elves had been isolationist for so very long that dealing with people of other races was often quite difficult for most elves. Thus the diplomats were trained specifically to not only deal with other races, but help other elves in their dealings with non-elves.

In the center of the elven embassy was a small garden where a variety of trees and plants native to the elven islands were grown. Here is where Lenya found Delenn, elven ambassador to the Fifth City.

The short woman was busy tending to a rare Diafaras plant, an herb whose leaves created powerful mystical visions when steeped in a properly prepared tea.

Without looking up, she holds out a trowel to Lenya, her voice soft and difficult to hear, "Tend to the roots. Take care not to cut them. The Diafaras is very fragile. Damage a single leaf, root, or stem, and the entire plant dies."

Felix and Markus Report to Constable Garrus

When Felix and Markus arrive, Garrus is busy yelling at Lady Ivarra, the second in command of the city, "Are you kidding me? Half the city guard is on leave!"

Lady Ivarra, a tall and fit woman with brownish-black hair tied back in a severe style and hazel eyes that seemed to bore into one's soul, yells back, "Then call them back in! This isn't up for debate. Look, I don't like this any more than you do."

Garrus, a balding man in his late 30s, grumbled, "Leave it to the Deva to screw with everyone's schedules."

Garrus spots Felix and Markus and ushers them in, "You two. Have I got a job for you. The Deva ambassador is arriving in two days, which is two weeks ahead of schedule. I need security measures at the Red District docks ready by then while I call back in everybody else from their leave time. I'm counting on you." That last sentence was directed at Felix.

Lady Ivarra nods to Felix on her way out, but purposefully ignores Markus.

Amisi, Rhal, and Korgon Settle In

Duna takes her leave of the group, saying she's already made living arrangements in Brown District.

The Corps of Magi building is relatively non-descript on the outside, apparently purposefully, so as not to draw attention. The interior is decorated in a severe style, with the Corps' symbol displayed prominently above every doorway and on a large banner hanging in the downstairs common room. The spacious building felt quite empty and somehow ominous because of it.

The chief housekeeper, an older gentleman named Adail, greets the group as he descends the central staircase, "Mistress Amisi, welcome home. You will find your rooms as you left them. Entertaining guests are we?" He pulls a letter from his jacket pocket, "Oh, this arrived for you yesterday."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Rhal looks skyward a moment and says "To reawaken, in your parlance."

Shaking his head, he continued. "Bear no philosophical musings from me. I have been long alone, and am eager for company. The needs of beings are not so complex as I am want to make them." Rhal looked at the human woman for a long moment. "Now Amisi, my work kept me from conversation upon the sea. Tell me of your life and why you have decided to return to the City."

She smiles, "Thank you for asking! I was born and lived with my parents on the Marros Colony. It's not anything like this big city and I always wanted to see it and explore and be able to live life without someone always looking over my shoulder and telling me what to do and where to go... And, well, it turned out I had some gifts." Without stopping she mutters some quick words and a small group of brightly colored butterflies fly up from her hand, flit among their small group then vanish. "They were not able to properly train me on Marros so like the others like me I ended up at Corp training. And now I'm here." She waves her arms around, "And now I get to play in the City. It's amazing to feel so free!"

Korgon's smile broadens "Oh truly?" he chuckles. "My manners are quite appropriate wee princess. And should you be queen of the world, you will be a little girl to me." he says patting her on the head.

She narrows her eyes. "Appropriate for pigs in the pigsty perhaps! Or is that where you have been staying for you to think your manners are becoming of anyone in civilization you uncoth Barbarian!"

Amisi, Rhal, and Korgon Settle In
The chief housekeeper, an older gentleman named Adail, greets the group as he descends the central staircase, "Mistress Amisi, welcome home. You will find your rooms as you left them. Entertaining guests are we?" He pulls a letter from his jacket pocket, "Oh, this arrived for you yesterday."

"Greetings Adail, I hope things were quiet around here while I was away." Amisi becomes distracted as soon as the letter comes into view. "Hmm, er, oh, yes, guests, right. Yes, we'll be needing a few rooms prepared for our guests. I know we have some available." She turns to the others, "Excuse me a moment friends." She takes the letter and takes a few steps away from the group, leaving Korgon and Rhal standing in the foyer with Adail while she reads it.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Just stepping inside the gates of the embassy brought Lenya a sense of comfort and calm. This place reminded her of the monasteries where she had worked or studied nearly all of her life- calm, quiet, and focused on a particular purpose. She left her pack and her bow just inside the entryway with one of the household staff- While the ambassador knew Lenya was a warrior, it would be crude and impolite to go to their first meeting as if prepared for war. There was no time to change out of her armor though, and after some debate she decided to wear her blades as well.

She paced through the halls as she had been directed, paying careful attention to the layout of the place- it might, after all, be her home for some time. She was a bit surprised to be directed to the central garden instead of an office or audience hall, but she had served Religious folk before, and she knew many of them tended to meditate or find solace in gardens and similar settings. She found the place easily enough, ans stepped out into the greenery, moving light-footed and careful as a dancer.

She stopped a few paces away from the ambassador and gave a deep bow- she had been a servant long enough to know that she should not speak first. She was a bit surprised at the ambassador's response to her arrival, but again, she had worked for the Religious caste before and she knew they could be, well, odd...

She stepped forward a careful pace, and knelt, taking the offered trowel. She tried to look over the plant that Delenn was working with, but little of her had involved gardening. "As it is with our people," she whispered as the ambassador described the plant's fragile nature, remembering the religious teachings she had absorbed over the years.

[sblock= OOC] Do want some kind of roll to deal with plant? DEX +Nature or something?
[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
She narrows her eyes. "Appropriate for pigs in the pigsty perhaps! Or is that where you have been staying for you to think your manners are becoming of anyone in civilization you uncoth Barbarian!"

Korgon looks down at his rough, linen clothing, his pants and boots still with traces of hippogriff manure on them, then looks at Amisi. "Seems that way doesn't it Amisi. But culture is relative, just as our dragonborn friend here may offend you with a word or action that for him is natural and polite, so it is with me and mine. So from a swine to a lady my apologies. However, I will not change what I do consider good manners whichever civilization I find myself in. And those manners include protecting those close to me. And if that time comes, I wonder how you will find my uncouth manners then?"

Amisi pauses, looking the barbarian up and down. Perhaps I am mistaken about him, she thinks. "We shall see, barbarian, we shall see." Amisi turns to take the letter from Adail and Korgon adds a snorted "oink" Amisi turns to Korgon again who winks at her.

Remove ads