Headphones

was

Adventurer
Looking for a better set of headphones with either noise cancelling or noise isolating tech. I currently have an old $45 pair of noise-cancelling Sony headphones that do little to drown out my neighbors. Does anybody have any good suggestions on headphones that will help tune them out?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Check out Bose's noise-cancelling headphones. FWIW, I usually try to buy my headphones from the outlet stores- refurbished, they're usually a teensy fraction of the cost of new.

Tom Strickland

First Post
My Alienware rig is EXTREMELY loud so I have headphones that completely cover my ears and the sound is greatly reduced.

For years I had a Titan gaming headset recommended by a rep at Best Buy, but it eventually came apart despite various jerry-rigging--including using almighty duct tape!

The company was absorbed or something, so I found the Cooler Master headsets. I have one right now and it too greatly reduces any noise.

Also, I had a Bose headset one time with a PC audio jack but it did not have the same deep cupping over the ears and also required a battery in lieu of USB or outlet power. However, it was extremely effective at eliminating external noise (used at work while programming). [Don't see the model I had but there are these.]

Lastly, while gathering info I found this article:

Best noise-canceling headphones of 2014

Remove ads