Strike Ending & Amazon Antitrust - Streaming Services: Power Rankings, FALL 2023

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Hasn't Prime been doing this for quite some time now? The offer linked subscriptions to Starz, Shudder, and many other streaming services.
They do black Friday deals (Amazon subsidizes the cost of a monthly account) for like 2 bucks a month for 60 days. One thing I can say is Starz does not surprise me. They got no movie deals and are cutting shows left and right. Wont be long until its gone or rolled into someone else.

Apparently its all older shows dominating streaming, NCIS, Friends, Suits, etc..., its kind of a slap to the face of new shows and it makes one wonder if making streaming only shows are worth it anymore, they might save a fortune coasting on their current library plus network/cable shows.

Zardnaar

Legend
Apparently its all older shows dominating streaming, NCIS, Friends, Suits, etc..., its kind of a slap to the face of new shows and it makes one wonder if making streaming only shows are worth it anymore, they might save a fortune coasting on their current library plus network/cable shows.

Old show tend to have around 22 episodes a season. Bigger ones tens seasons.

Alot of content.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
This only tends to work on Netflix though. Im also guessing a lot of folks have netflix for their kids and then at night watch whatever is available which is usually some ten+ year old series.

Old show tend to have around 22 episodes a season. Bigger ones tens seasons.

Alot of content.

Yeah everyones already seen them a million times, so why rewatch that much when you can watch new stuff of which there is a ton?

No this seems like major copium from studios. There is a huge problem, they don't know how to do comfort food shows anymore, everything is an extreme spectacle, over the top show, which I love, but they need to remember how to create old school shows

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah everyones already seen them a million times, so why rewatch that much when you can watch new stuff of which there is a ton?

No this seems like major copium from studios. There is a huge problem, they don't know how to do comfort food shows anymore, everything is an extreme spectacle, over the top show, which I love, but they need to remember how to create old school shows

Outside old sci fi shows I don't think I've watched a lot more than once.

Probably watch Stargate, Farscape, B5, every few years. And Justified.

Last edited:

nevin

Hero
Yeah a real bad one. Programming will continue to lose quality and ads will continue to creep in. Was fun while it lasted.
well people only paying for streaming services while they binged and sharing accounts with family were all but gauranteed to put us back to advertising supported model of television production.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
well people only paying for streaming services while they binged and sharing accounts with family were all but gauranteed to put us back to advertising supported model of television production.
Were you expecting the public to abide by the honor system?

The suits and now dynasty phenomenon are fascinating. I know some or all here might not be watching but they are dominating and my household non gamers love them. Netflix for me is still the best run streaming service as they are 1 step ahead of all others
I think eventually some of the bigger streaming networks will fail. The ads free are now 5+. What happens in 2-3 years when these blockbuster shows such as LOTR and say mandalorian (fill in blank) cost much more. They will say now it’s 10 for ad free or ads are now more frequent. It’s game over at some point

Remove ads