The Future of Paramount+

MGibster

Legend
Yes it's been quite good at that but I am not sure it will make it out of this month alive as it were. Secret Invasion looks massively "meh" (not really keen to see Marvel ineptly do a genre so many people have done brilliantly), and Ahsoka isn't until August, and I'm not seeing anything terribly exciting in the Hulu section that I haven't seen, plus they pulled some shows I did like (Jeff Goldblum for example).

I'm getting a little burned out on superhero shows. I watched the latest Ant Man movie and thought it was okay, but like the second Thor movie, I just didn't care about anything that was happening. The Ms. Marvels show looks kind of neat though. I'm actually considering cancelling both Netflix and Disney+ and switching over to HBO for a while.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm getting a little burned out on superhero shows. I watched the latest Ant Man movie and thought it was okay, but like the second Thor movie, I just didn't care about anything that was happening. The Ms. Marvels show looks kind of neat though. I'm actually considering cancelling both Netflix and Disney+ and switching over to HBO for a while.
Ms. Marvel is a very fun show, though thart has little to do with MCU connections, and way more to do with an enthusiastic cast and a very cool creative visual approach by the filmmakers.

Some interesting stuff here. I really think folks are under estimating Paramount Global and all it has to offer. It has 12 of the top 20 TV shows, its making a deal with Amazon to add the Ad Supported Tier to Amazon Prime. Iys deal with Delta Airlines is expanding. Walmart+ growth is automatically Paramount+ growth on top of Paramount+'s other growth, etc...

If the ad market rebounds, Paramount has it made.

Ms. Marvel is a very fun show, though thart has little to do with MCU connections, and way more to do with an enthusiastic cast and a very cool creative visual approach by the filmmakers.
Yeah I think the only major issue it has really is tonal whiplash between the three plots - especially the bizarrely murderous and ultra-violent main baddies (who all die violently, including by being stabbed to death in several cases!) - and the weird '80s "LOL we're playing fun games with a Federal agency and they're inexplicably not murdering us!" last episode.

I cancelled Disney+ for the first time a few days ago. Nothing exciting coming, all their plans and decisions recently seem pretty bad, and yeah Quantumania was just dull and like such a C+ or 5/10 sort of movie. It wasn't terrible or anything, just bleh.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I cancelled Disney+ for the first time a few days ago. Nothing exciting coming, all their plans and decisions recently seem pretty bad, and yeah Quantumania was just dull and like such a C+ or 5/10 sort of movie. It wasn't terrible or anything, just bleh.
Disney has our number: as long as Bluey and Spidey and His Amazing Friends are available, Disney+ is indispensable.

Remove ads