D&D 5E Tiamat?

aramis erak

Legend
My impression was that he was 20th level at the end of the Chronicles. By the end of the Legends he'd be much higher, presumably. I know they said they designed him specifically to break the rules.

I'm sure someone must have asked Tracy Hickman or Margaret Weis at some point in the last 20 years, especially with the internet and all. I wonder if it's discussed anywhere?

More curious to me was his 17 INT. In 1E, that means no 9th-level spells for him!

Margaret answers questions on the MWP boards...

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Does anyone know if the Githyanki have any part in the adventure? They have a strong relationship with Tiamat. I hope that at least make visual cameos, like trying to protect her exit portal or riding any red dragons.

kalani

First Post
AFAIK, Devils make an appearance, as does the Red Wizards of Thay. I am not aware of the Gith playing any part in this adventure path

sgtscott658

First Post
Well, looks like I'm going have to put the players into FR, trying to convert this adventure to Greyhawk, as much as I tried, is just way to daunting a task. But it will make prepping the adventure so much easier too.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
Well, looks like I'm going have to put the players into FR, trying to convert this adventure to Greyhawk, as much as I tried, is just way to daunting a task. But it will make prepping the adventure so much easier too.

It does seem very Realms specific, as it jumps around very iconic parts of the Realms (Sea of Moving Ice, Thay, Waterdeep). Then again, its written for Realms as this is the official setting.

sgtscott658

First Post
The problem here is that HotDQ and even much more so with RoT is that these modules are very FR heavy. HotDQ was tough enough to move to another campaign world. RoT on the other hand requires much more work to accomplish the changes I would like to put into it for Eberron or Greyhawk. Plus I think my players would much rather prefer FR to campaign in then most other worlds out there. FR has that Lord of the Rings feel that most players tend to gravitate to and enjoy.

Whats a cooler name? Neverwinter or Safeton? Waterdeep or Fax? lol

Scott

What was daunting?

fjw70

Adventurer
The problem here is that HotDQ and even much more so with RoT is that these modules are very FR heavy. HotDQ was tough enough to move to another campaign world. RoT on the other hand requires much more work to accomplish the changes I would like to put into it for Eberron or Greyhawk. Plus I think my players would much rather prefer FR to campaign in then most other worlds out there. FR has that Lord of the Rings feel that most players tend to gravitate to and enjoy.

Whats a cooler name? Neverwinter or Safeton? Waterdeep or Fax? lol

Scott

If your players prefer FR then I understand that. I am just curious the changes that are difficult to make for converting to another world. If I run these adventures it will probably be in another world and it seems to me that just replacing the location would be enough. If you are using the factions (which I am not sure I will) then you will just need to use more world specific factions. What else is there?

kalani

First Post
It should be easy enough to translate for other worlds. The 5 factions would need to be replaced with their world-equivalents however (such as the Knights of Solamnia in the case of Dragonlance).

Remove ads