Unusual Sandwiches

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not so much a sandwich as an ingredient...

Just discovered Dietz & Watson Steakhouse Onion Cheddar cheese. It is one of a series of cheddars they've released with ingredients like roasted garlic or peppers. The others don't stand up to this one, IMHO.

The cheddar itself is a mild & creamy white which provides a perfect background for the caramelized onions within. KILLER sandwich cheese. Probably also a good one for hors d'oeuvres.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
thats a damn lie!

Pigs are actually very clean animals. Yes they like to roll in mud water to cool off (because they don't sweat much) but when given sufficient space will absolutely not sleep or root in crap. They also will eat roots, leaves and dry food and it's only people who mix it to form a mushy swill.

factory farming of any kind is evil so only eat free range bacon
Yeah, tell Jules Winfield he lied, I dare you. I double dare you!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I raised pigs years ago, an FFA project. I remember that what Tonguez says to be true. Even the big evil corp. farms has them walk on rubberized slotted floors with a fresh water floor cleanse and a flush system for the holding pit below.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I went to a new Indian restaurant near my home and got a big order of garlic naan to take home.

A couple slices of smoked ham and some butterkäse on top, zapped in the microwave for 30 seconds and then rolled up makes for a VERY tasty bite.

Nice!

We hit Oktoberfest a couple of weeks back, and (among other thing) I brought home some horseradish jelly. The combo of sweet and sinus-clearing horseradish burn is very intriguing - I really want to try it on a roast beef sammich. I should get that done.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Definitely worth a try!

When I combined my local Chinese restaurant's hot oil with honey, it was magic. Theirs is different- they have pan-seared garlic & ginger in heirs, in addition to the pepper flakes. Great on chicken.

I'd bet a sweet horseradish spread could make a trancendant roast beef sandwich, and I say that as a recent convert to horseradish sauces besides American "wasabi."

Remove ads