Doom of the Savage Kings

Alois handed the shield back to Lizt. "I can't hold both it and my polearm. You take it. Honestly, I'd feel better knowing you have something extra to keep you safe." Alois colored. He turned away from Lizt in a hurry and went to join Gratien in the tunnel.

Back in the cavern, Lizt took the shield in one hand and her short sword in the other. She wasn't sure she would be much better with the shield, but Alois was right about this place being creepy. She was grateful to have the shield to duck behind, even if the thing was terribly unwieldy.

From the tunnel, Gratien called to the others, "Which way, left or right?" His voice echoed loudly. Lizt winced at the noise.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hank slides into the the hole finally, Homer advances to the intersection and franko blithely follows.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I vote for left, but mostly because I'm left handed," Kurl says.

Boral seems surprised by this, "Alright, left then. But I always see you fight with your right."

Tender pipes up, "And he's always missing, so it makes sense and all comes together. Let's go left, since we usually vote for right and I feel like changing it up a bit."

"Right... err, correct I mean. Left it is," Kurl answers.

The confused others get a distinct feeling that the trio of fools do this on purpose.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I actually understand them" Quips Franko. One gets the impression he is naturally this strange. No practice needed.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Heading down the hall to your left you come first to a branching passage on the right. Stairs lead down into darkness. Just a few steps farther on you see an opening on the left. It too is a stairwell leading down. A few feet farther on the hall you are traveling opens into a room.

So, three options: the room ahead, the stair to the left, or the stair to the right. Or you could go back the other way.
DT, there isn't a clerical light spell. More light/spell comments in the OOC.

Gratien took a quick look down each set of stairs, and then approached the room. He hadn't a light source. His elf eyes strained to see in the dark.

Alois and Lizt stood beside one another next to the first opening on the right. Alois peered down the set of stairs, trying to see what lay beyond in the dark. Lizt stood next to him and slightly behind. She made way for the others who indicated they wished to step past the pair.

OOC: None of Lizt, Alois, or Gratien has a light source.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: I think Scott DeWar had mentioned that he was trying to have a character put together a torch. One of my characters has a stick, so if we could bundle some cloth around it we could make a temporary torch, but I lack the means for lighting it. Anyone have flint and steel or a tinderbox?

GlassEye

Adventurer
The forester could make a series of skill checks (DC 10) to use natural materials (bow drill, or some other primitive method using materials in the forest outside) to make fire to light the makeshift torches that Hank put together. Considering the size and composition (mostly human) of the group there will probably need to be three people to carry torches. Whenever we get three volunteers, or I get confirmation you all wish to continue with inadequate light, we'll proceed.

Remove ads