D&D 5E IG's "It's a Brand New World" [IC]

pathfinderq1

First Post
More quickly than one might expect, J'hanna is standing beside most of the other "passengers". With a clatter of metal, she dumps her helm, shield, and swordbelt onto the deck at her feet as she finishes adjusting the straps of her mail hauberk- there was no time to don full armor, but she wasn't going into a fight (even one aboard ship) wearing only cloth. "Are they raiders? Or what is the word- 'pirates'?" she asks, even as she continues her preparations.

It seems obvious that after all of her sadness and frustration, she would welcome a fight...

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Garrison speaks aloud to any who would listen. the gruffness of his voice is not moderated by the sea air,and he doesn't take his eye off the horizon.

"We don't know who they are, but they're on an unusual tack, and so it's best to be careful. It's not clear it's an intercept course, but of course that's what we'd expect to see if they were trying to intercept us."

He realizes he's not being reassuring. He clears his throat and starts again.

"This has happened before, and it's not always an attack."

industrygothica

Adventurer
- Weeping Mary
"Listen up!" Jon says loud enough for the entire crew, save Nissa who is nowhere to be seen. "Garrison speaks the truth; this may be a passing merchant vessel, and likely as leery of us as we are them. Still, it's wise to use caution all the same. This is known to be pirate territory, after all. Aedon send your falcon, see what it sees."

- Sea Bride
Almost as if on command a crewman produces a sword in the captain's waiting hand, who in turn hands it to Justice, but doesn't let go. "Justice! I've come to respect you in this short time. I can tell you're a good man, and a loyal one. I need to you remember who it was that pulled you from the sea, who fed you and nursed your wounds. I need to to fight for us... with us. Tell me, Justice. Are you with us?"

One of the crewmen of Sea Bride notices a falcon oddly circling the ship.

OOC: Sorry for the late post...

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Nissa is at war with herself, feeling useless below decks, but realizing she has been living in fear of herself for far too long. She ventures above deck, staying out of the way, hoping to not get noticed, at least for the moment.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Industrygothica, you sneaky sonuva! I just figured out your trick here. Well played, sir. Well played!

Justice takes the sword in hand and looks into the Captains eyes before assuring him, "Don't worry about me, I always pay my debts now Captain.", he nods before asking again, "So, about that armor. Anything available at all?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
It's a waiting game as the ships draw nearer, not knowing if the ship means ill or not. Garrison feels the boards of the Weeping Mary creak as the pressure on the sails shifts, and after a short while he takes a break and fetches a mug of coffee for the man at the tiller.

"The sails'll take it if you push a bit more upwind," he offers. "A slight change in course might help us see how they're tracking us." The tiller man knows that any attacking vessel would want to pass by the other upwind of it, so that it loses wind, and not the attacker.

"Has your falcon returned?" he asks.

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan leaves the bow for the high point at the stern of the ship, near the helm. She readies her bow and puts an arrow to nock, glancing up at the ship's flag to gauge the wind direction and speed. She has little to say, but if it's a fight...she'll be ready to start decorating the other ship's deck with arrows if given the word. As the ships draw closer she squints and tries to make out the other crew...what are they doing?

industrygothica

Adventurer
- Sea Bride
"Below deck," the captain says. "There's a storage closet in my chambers. It's not much, but it'll protect you. Go fetch it, I'll trust you."

- Weeping Mary
Aedon sees the scene upon the approaching ship is eerily similar to that on Weeping Mary. Sailors are arming themselves, standing around in some sadistic holding pattern waiting for something to happen.

- Justice
The activity on the ship seems to be settling down as the crew take up their arms. You notice one cowardly, unarmored fellow holed up in a small alcove below deck as you make your way into the captain quarter. As promised, there is a small storage chamber within containing some suitable armor. The fit is loose, but would probably work just fine once you bulk up a bit.

- Maighan
As the ship approaches you begin to make out the shapes of those aboard, though at this point it's near impossible to see what they're doing exactly. And then you notice the smoke, and the tiny licks of flame climbing up one of its sails.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the ships continued to close the intervening distance, J'Hanna continues to slowly and methodically don her armor- once the hauberk is strapped into place, she dons her leather-and-steel greeves, then the shoulder and arm guards. With the armor finally in place, she shrugs her shoulders and windmills her arms once, letting the familiar weight settle into place.

She picks up her sword and shield, keeping her helm in the crook of her arm until the last minute. Then she turns to face those she recognizes, those who came aboard ship with her at Kingsport. "If you can't fight, stay close to me. If I had my choice, I would be where the fighting is thickest, but I haven't worked with the crew here, and I don't want to mess up their teamwork and tactics, so I'm going to stay right here and stand fast. If those folk are raiders, and if they want the helm here, they'll have to come through me. And if you don't want to fight, I'll protect you as best I can..." Her voice is calm and confident- and she seems to be smiling, for the first time in weeks.

Remove ads