D&D 5E IG's "It's a Brand New World" [IC]

sithramir

First Post
OOC: I am confused. What is on fire? And justice is on another ship right? It appears I have not understood my scenes correctly.

Aedon will report what he sees but please clarify the fire. "It appears they are not pirates, or at least are making a good game of looking like another regular vessel."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Justice dons the armor as quickly as he can before heading back towards the upper deck of the ship. He passes by the unarmored fellow again and wonders about him as he passes by. He turns back and asks the man, "Are you okay? You just staying out of the way here in case there's a fight?"

After whatever conversation happens with the man, Justice gets back topside and looks around to see how close the other ship is and also how ready the crew on this ship seems to be.
OOC: Perception check=1d20+2=17
He notices a bit of smoke and flame on one of the ships sails and calls out a warning of "Fire! Fire on the sails!!"

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan lowers her bow, frowning in confusion.

"Their windcatcher is on fire," she reports. "...that's not normal, is it? I think they may need help."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"They'll want to cut their sail free as soon as possible, so that it doesn't catch the others," says Garrison. He turns to the captain, but changes his mind and turns to the other passengers. He asks Aedon, "You know magic, yeah? Can you send a message to that ship? Have them cut the sail free."

He runs back to the gunwale, and waves his arms in hopes of being seen, shouting "Cut it free!"

industrygothica

Adventurer
-Weeping Mary
The captain acknowledges Maighan with a worried look drawn upon his face. "Could be a trap, captain," Jon adds. "But if it's not..." he lets the thought trail.

"Damn it!" the captain shouts, storming off. Soon enough Weeping Mary veers sharply to the left, towards the burning ship. "I'll not have their deaths on my conscience!" he shouts. "But be ready. If it's a trap I'll happily have their blood on my hands."

-Sea Bride
"What the...." the captain's face is an expression of horror as he watches the sail burn. "They've set it alight! They're trying to disable us!" As if to prove the captain's point, Justice notices the other ship abruptly change course toward Sea Bride. The captain also notices it.

"Here they come! Ready yourselves! Take out their sails!"

Arrows fly, and Weeping Mary too has a burning windcatcher. Soon archers from both ships are poking holes in each others' sails, setting them in flames as the distance closes between the two vessels. Justice notices the robed man has appeared from below deck, and the captain catches his eye. "Now!" he yells to him, and the robed man begins to cast.

- Weeping Mary
Archers return fire as some of the crew cut down the burning sails to keep the entire ship from being engulfed in the flames. The ships grow closer,and arrows start hitting bodies instead of sails. The crew starts to organize themselves and suddenly the deck is shrouded in a thick white fog. The heavy thud of something being dropped on wood penetrates the confusion.

"They're boarding!"

OOC: No need for initiative this time - first come first to act. Six men have boarded [/I]Weeping Mary[/I]. Justice, you may or may not be one of them... up to you.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=ooc]Is the fog obscuring things? or is it just the residue of magic?

In any case, Garrison wants to attack with Sneak Attack, and so he will attack anyone who is close to one of his allies (or who is unable to see because of smoke) -- in order to get the benefit. If there's no one yet, he'll delay until there is someone who has been engaged.

Also -- do you want us to roll? I can add rolls if you like. Attack is 1d20+5, damage if successful is 1d6+3 (+1d6 with SA) [/sblock]

Garrison is swift to act. He draws the short sword by his side, and moves into the melee, his predator instincts drawing him to the most vulnerable.

"Put down your weapons if you want to live," he calls. "All armed boarders will be killed."

Once he is in position, he swings with his short sword.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Nissa fought down a rising panic, trying to stay calm. She tried to avoid the combat and get to a higher vantage point to try and observe what was really going on.

Remove ads