Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment

Deadshot

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment

This book has replaced the equipment section of the Core Rulebook for my group. It's the go-to spot for all things to gear up your characters. Used heavily during character creation by my players and always referred to by me to gear up NPCs or stock dungeons with loot.

smiteworks

Explorer
3 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment

This product is good if your GM allows the items. I've had multiple GM's refuse to allow content I tried to equip from the book, so your mileage may vary with different GMs.

Starfox

Hero
4 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment

This is a book that gathers gear from most Pathfinder sources ever published and collects it in one book. Its easy to read, reasonably easy to look up stuff in, and generally does what it is supposed to do. The book is lovely, and lavishly illustrated. And here is the one problem I have with it; the illustrations of the magic items are too lavish. Too brightly colored. Each is too idiosyncratic. Imagine a character wearing a dozen of these items, and "motley" won't even begin to cover it. This is sadly a very common issue with these kinds of book - in trying to make everything cool the manage to make nothing stand out.

JLant

First Post
4 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment

Generally not a big fan of such tomes but this one is beautifully illustrated. For the DM a lot of work to decide what to permit or not.

Remove ads