Need advice - Xperia Z2 Tablet or iPad Air 2 64GB?

dbm

Savage!
You will definitely want a case, and they are a little pricey but they do a good job in my experience.

I'm on my third iPad (Air 1) and sell on my older kit to friends. My ipad 1 is still in daily use by it's third owner and doing fine. iPads are a quality bit of kit.

Last edited:

Cairnstorm

First Post
[MENTION=8014]dbm[/MENTION]

when i looked over the Ipad Air 2 I knew that I would need a case and not a cover. If I were to spend the guts of £500 on the tablet the last thing I would want, were for it to get badly scratched or damaged.

The Ipad screams of quality both in hardware and software. due to this in a few years i can sell the tablet at a good price to upgrade to a new one (or gift it to a friend).

Cairnstorm

First Post
Hello everyone that helped me decide on a tablet.

Thank you for all your help and advice.

In the end I decided to go with android due to expandable storage and chromecast native support which i am loving. However as I was about to purchase an "Xperia Z2 Tablet" I spotted the "Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" was marked from £650 down to £325.

The spec was too good to pass on with:

- 12.2" Screen 2560 x 1600
- Quad 1.9 GHZ cores with an additional Quad 1.3 GHZ cores
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB onboard Memory
- Expandable Storage via Micro SD (128GB supported)
- S-Pen support
- USB 3.0 port
- Enhanced Multi Window (use 4 apps at once)
- Screen write (I can doodle on my screen with the S-Pen and save it as an image and then use all-cast to put it on my TV for my group to see what maps i have drawn)

its Fantastic and I love it to bits :D reading Pathfinder and Dungeons and Dragons PDFs on it has been a joy.

Thank you everyone once more for all your help

Janx

Hero
glad you like it.

Though I'm not a fan of Android, I hear good things about the Samsung Galaxy series of products compared to not "Samsung Galaxy or Google" devices.

So you probably bought a good tablet.

The fact that you are happily using its more "not on iOS" features is a plus as well. That means they work well and are valuable additions to the device.

And the price looks good too (though I don't shop in pounds...)

Remove ads