Mutants & Masterminds OOC

I'm looking for about two more players to join a new Mutants & Masterminds game which will be run here in the forum, "Playing the Game". So far the group consists of the following people:

Shapermc
Sen Udo-Mal
maddmic
bkmanis

and possibly Sir Osis of Liver

Two more players would round the group out nicely.

Characters will be created at PL10.

For those that aren't aware, Mutants & Masterminds is Green Ronin's d20 superhero game.

I'll be using the San Angelo, City of Heroes book and supplements as the setting for this game. San Angelo is a superhero city setting published by Gold Rush Games for use with the Champions system. I am converting what I need (i.e. NPC heroes, villians, normals, etc.) over the the Mutants & Masterminds system.

More information on San Angelo can be found at the following website:
http://www.goldrushgames.com/sacoh.html

There is a map of the city, an introduction that includes the first 14 pages of the main book, etc. in the downloads section of their site. Feel free to peruse what information is out there.

So, anyone else interested in joining the team?

Last edited:

Shapermc

First Post
Hmmmm. I have no referance of this San Angelo, so part of my character concept will be based off of being new in the area. Also are there any restrictions on powers/devices that we can take? Also are there any that you recommend against (like that there are no alternate multiverses or this will not take place on other planets). Thanks!

Welcome aboard Yellow Sign!

Shaper, being new to San Angelo is fine for your character, if thats what you want to do. I will provide some additional information on San Angelo later tonight. Also, on the website I mentioned in a previous post, there is an introduction to San Angelo pdf in the downloads section plus a map of the city, also in pdf format. Feel free to look that stuff over if you like.

As far as powers and devices are concerned, there are no restrictions that I can think of at the moment, other than those that apply when making a PL10 character. The San Angelo book provides an explanation for how people with super powers developed. If I recall correctly, it is in the introduction pdf that is on the website but I will summarize it later tonight when I have time to sit down and write it up. Likewise there are no powers that I recommend against. There are indeed alternate multiverses, the potential for aliens from other planets or multiverses, etc. I'm pretty flexible on character backgrounds regarding how a character came about receiving powers and whatnot.

Before I sign off for now, here are a couple of essential tidbits about San Angelo. The city is located in California, on the coast between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Just over three million call the city home. I will post much more later about the city but don't forget to check out the website I posted earlier. There are a couple of good downloads to give you some vital info on the region. Feel free to have your characters native to the area or newcomers.

Toric

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
make me 5 :)

Hmm I will have to think up a cool hero now... as I enjoying playing all kinds of different character types maybe I will wait and see what others are playing before commiting, but I might like to play a fast-brick/strong type hero or a sneaky martial artist type...

Samnell

Explorer
Can I get in on this?

Me six?

I've never done one of these before (well except a short 3e thing that didn't work out) but I almost nearly ran the very second one on these boards right after PC's Iconics game until impending death in the family had me decide it wasn't the best time to start a game. Of course everyone including me is totally unimpressed by that, but the irony's there.;)

I just got the book today so I might need some hand-holding, but the stuff to page 57 doesn't look too complicated.

What kind of genre assumptions would we be going with? Four-color? Grim and gritty? In between? Or is all this answered in those San Angelo pdfs I haven't read yet? :)

Samnell, you're in.

Looks like I can close the game at this point as we have six and possibly seven players.

Those playing are:
Shapermc
Sen Udo-Mal
bkmanis
maddmic
Yellow Sign
Samnell

and possibly Sir Osis of Liver, if he still wants to play when he returns.

As far as genre assumptions go, somewhere between four-color and grim is what the game will be like, shading more towards four color. Something along the lines of Avengers/JLA with X-Men overtones.

Toric

Remove ads