Mutants & Masterminds OOC

Shapermc

First Post
Ok Let me know if this is an OK PC for the game.

Shadow Demon:
Abilitys:
STR: 20 (+5)
DEX: 20 (+5)
CON: 10 (+0)
WIS: 12 (+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
CHR: 10 (+0)
(total ability pp = 24)

Skills:
Acrobatics +4
Balance +2
Hide +3
Jump +2
Move Silently +10
(total pp spent in skill 21)

Feats:
Blind Fight
Dodge
Evasion
Improved Init
Lightning Reflexes
Rapid Strike
Takedown Attack
(total pp spent in feats 14)

Super Powers:
Invisibility +10 (20pp)
Super Speed +2 (14pp)
Extra: Mach 1 Punch
Super Strength +5 (20 pp)
Power Stunt: Lethal (2 pp)

Bonuses:
Attack: +7 (21 pp)
Defence: +7 (14 pp)

(Total pp spent: 150)

Background: (this is just a basic, but will expand upon if approved)
The Man: Born to the name of Kirosaka Otomo the young lad of 20 has been training in the martial arts since he can remember. He is quite skilled in all forms of martial arts and is currently attending San Angelo University. When Kirosaka was born his mother died from labor. When Kirosaka was 18 he was on his senior trip when his father "mysteriously" disapeared. He has been searching for his father while trying to complete a BA in business.

Shadow Demon: Since birth our hero has had many extrodinay strengths and developed a love for hand to hand combat. His strenghts were unknow to him till he got into a fight when he was 12. After pummeling his opponent to the SA hospital he realised that his strengths of a normal human. He refrained from doing harm for his own gain, but had always found a strange joy from haming those who start a fight (with him or anyone else). After his father's disapearance he followed a few leads to see if he could be located. One day while following an old friend of the family he saw him meet with a unhuman creature and thought that he may be spotted. In his best attempts to hidhe found that he had unknowingly become invisable. He has trained his power of invisibilty to be used at the beckoning of his own will. While looking for his father he has found many evils in SA and has decided that any one of these evils could lead to a clue to his father, all are suspects.

Discription: Light skin with dark black hair. Almond shaped head and eyes. Perfers not to have his face seen and will often wear a hooded zip up sweat shirt in a dark color, dark jeans and and large headphones (even if he is not listening to music).

Let me know if this character is OK, then if it is I will fill in the whole stat block. Also I read that SA introduction and have a copy of the map so I think that I am good to go. My power source is unknown as he was raised thinking he was normal.

Shapermc said:
Let me know if this character is OK, then if it is I will fill in the whole stat block. Also I read that SA introduction and have a copy of the map so I think that I am good to go. My power source is unknown as he was raised thinking he was normal.

Character looks good upon my initial read-through.

I'll get some more information up about San Angelo, the campaign, etc. over this weekend. I tend to be online less over the weekend than I am on weekdays but I usually try to check the boards at least once a day on weekends. During the week, I am usually online more often. Over the next couple of days, I will work on getting more information out to you guys. Feel free to continue getting characters created and whatnot. If anyone has any specific questions, please ask and I'll attempt to answer.

Toric

Samnell

Explorer
Ok, here's my first embarassingly naive newbie question. :)

I'm working on creating a shadow teleporter with maybe a few other small powers (I'm thinking mostly an alternate shadow form and maybe a shadow energy blast) off the origin that he got injected by some unscrupulous government/corporate group with the distilled essence of darkness in a liquid form.

The concept's still nebulous, but I could use some help picking out which powers would work best with him. Teleportation, obviously, but how much alternate form (shadow) is worth it? It's awfully expensive and I don't know that I'm going to get lots of use in there. Incorporeality is nice and fits with the concept, as do some immunities, but if I ran the whole ten ranks I could get I've thrown in a lot of points and I run out of immunities that fit pretty quickly. Plus lots of immunities would be redundant with shadow form anyway. Additional incorporeality doesn't seem to give me much beyond the basic ability itself either, so is a lot of shadow form worth it?

I see the teleport ability being limited to going through shadows a valid flaw, or is it trivially limiting enough that's more of just a flavor effect?

Would an incorporeal creature take damage if it accidentally teleported into a solid object?

With these points I'm not sure if my concept's too much for it, or too small. :)

Samnell

Explorer
Toric, I have a background written up. It's pretty big though, so I'd rather just email it to you if you don't mind. It's just barely six pages. The boards wont offer up your email. Of course if you'd rather I just post it here that's ok too.

Now if I can decide how I want to do my powers... :)

bkmanis

First Post
Samnell, here is a suggestion for your shadow power.

Alternate Form: Shadow +10 (Extra: Ghost Touch, Energy Blast, Teleportation (Extra: Extended Teleport) cost: pp 9/level) Total cost 90

This is a little expensive but it gives you everything you want. While in shadow form you are incorporeal so you need the Ghost Touch extra to be able to effect corporeal beings. You will have 10 immunities, Energy Blast at +10, Teleport at +10 and be invisible in darkness or shadows.

Just a thought,

bkmanis

bkmanis

First Post
Okay Toric here is my character concept.

Centurion :
Artorios Civilis
Power Level: 10
Power Points Earned:
Power Points Spent:

Description:
Sex: Male
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 220 lbs.
Eyes: His eyes glow solid black with no visible pupils.
Hair: Black, hanging down to just below his collar.
Costume: His costume is black with pinpoints of light, looking like a star field. It looks as if the stars are moving if you stare into it, just as if you were looking at the night sky. It covers him completely from the neck down.
Identity: Public

Abilities:
STR: 20 (+5)
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 20 (+5)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHR: 10 (+0)
(Total ability pp = 38)

Saves:
Damage +5
Fort +5
Reflex +4
Will +3

Attacks:
Base +5 (15 pp)
Melee +10
Ranged +9

Defense:
Base +6 (12 pp)
Defense 20
Flat Footed 16
Initiative +4

Hero Points: 5
Speed: 30 (50 Flight)

Skills:
Computers +5
Knowledge: History +7
Language: English
Language: Latin
Language: Italian
Listen +6
Repair +5
Spot +6
(Total pp spent in skill 19)

Feats:
Headquarters (Features: Combat Simulator, Communication, Computer, Concealment, Defense System, Hanger, Isolated Location: Moon, Living Space, Power System, Staff: 5 Robots)
Power Immunity
Darkvision
Penetration Vision (not trough living flesh)
(Total pp spent in feats 8)

Super Powers:
Cosmic Power +10 (70 pp)
(Immunities: Age, Disease, Heat, Cold, Exhaustion, Pressure, Suffocation, Starvation, Radiation, Critical Hits)
Extra: Mental Shield (Free from Force Field)
Flaw: Cannot sense Cosmic Powers
Power Stunt: Super-Flight (2 pp)(Sprint 23,272.7 mph)
Power Stunt: Space-Flight (2 pp)(512c)
Power Stunt: Healing (2 pp)
Power Stunt: Create Object (2 pp)

Weaknesses:
Disturbing: Eyes glow with a black light and he radiates power making normal people feel like they are near a high voltage wire.
Quirk: Protective of innocents. Innocent bystanders come first, even if that means the criminal escapes.

(Total pp spent: 170)

Background:

Artorios Civilis was born on January 10th 27 BC to a middle-class family in the Roman Empire. Artorios grew up as any normal middle-class land owning citizen of the Roman Empire; he even spent five years in the Roman army. During his military tenure his family died of influenza, he was the last surviving member. Artorios returned home to take care of the estate left to him by his parents.

One evening after retiring to bed he had a strange dream that he was flying through the air. He awoke not in his own room but in a dark room lying on a metal table. He could not move but there were no restraints that he could see. He could see other people in the room, both men and women, lying on similar tables. There were lights coming from above bathing the tables with light but leaving the rest of the room in darkness.

Suddenly the room moved, Artorios thought he was in an earthquake. After the violent shakes stopped Artorios found he was no longer restrained and he fell from the table, as did the other people. The others did not move as if they were unconscious or perhaps dead. Artorios found an exit from the room; he followed the passage to a large chamber. In the center of the room he saw what appeared to be a pedestal with a glowing sphere hovering above it. There were dark figures in robes standing along the walls staring at strange lights and moving images; they did not appear to notice him. Artorios was both frightened and fascinated by what he saw. He slowly entered the room and approached the pedestal, lost in the swirling lights in the center on the sphere. There was a loud explosion and the room tilted alarmingly, the sphere flashed with a bright light and then Artorios fell into darkness.

Artorios awoke feeling very different; it was dark and dusty as he picked himself off the ground. He looked around and saw a strange circular structure damaged as if it fell from the sky. And as he looked up he saw three more of the structures floating in the night sky, it was then he realized that he was not breathing. He felt charged and full of energy. The three structures started to move away, Artorios screamed at them to wait but there was no sound. Who or what were they and were there other people in those things like himself? Artorios wanted to follow them to get answers and he suddenly found himself flying through the air. He also discovered that he was not on earth but on the moon. As the ships moved away he willed himself to move faster to catch them, but the ships speed increased also. Faster and faster he moved but he was unable to catch them, they were soon out of sight. He flew so fast that he was actually past the orbit of Neptune before he lost sight of the ships.

Not knowing anything about astrogation it took Artorios several years to finally make it back to the moon. When he arrived he found small metallic men repairing the ship that had crashed. When he entered the ship he found no one alive, but the robots for some reason obeyed his orders. Realizing that he was somehow changed and would never be accepted back at home he ordered the robots to build him a home here on the moon. He told them to hide it so the aliens would not find it in case they ever returned.

Artorios spent his time learning all he could about himself, what he could do and why. He learned from the computer that the aliens visited the earth several time and have taken people for experimentation. Artorios was determined not to let them take anyone else. So he has spent the last 2000 years waiting for the aliens return, determine to protect the earth. Artorios has visited the earth and watched as history past by but he never intervened. In the last few decades he has noticed the appearance of super-humans and their effect on society. He has decided that the people need protecting from more then just aliens and that he may be accepted now. So he has taken the name of Centurion and has dedicated himself to protect the innocent.

EDIT: Name change, makes a little more sense for this character.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
bkmanis said:
Artorios Civilis was born on January 10th 27 BC to a middle-class family in the Roman Empire.

Is that corrected for the Gregorian calendar? :p

Thanks for the tip on the powers. I hadn't thought of rolling everything into the form. Sure it's costly but it saves a lot in the end.

Remove ads