Fashion + Tech

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
uh, what was the model wearing under that plastic dress? She looked , uh, um like she was going commando.

Scott DeWar

I see the strap, but, ummm. Perhap we should ignore what I have pointed out. I think I am exceeding the limits of the grandma rule.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm not sure I see the point of this vs. going to a store or ordering online. Not just for the dress, but all printers. How often does someone think they'll use it?

Scott DeWar

I see your point goldomark, it was a lot of work for such a simple plan with a lot of holes in it.

Ryujin

Legend
With some of the newer rubber-like flexible materials 3D printing tech makes more sense for things like shoes, than it does other types of clothing. We might see it in local stores for made-to-order hard goods, in the future, but I doubt that it will really ever be viable in the average home. Go online, design your shoes, coffee mug, desk lamp, etc., and then drop by the shop the next day to pick it up; maybe.

Scott DeWar

For the time being, it is not quite easily available/economical for the home, but that will eventually change, I am sure. I noticed that it took a lot of time and detail to clear the unused medium from the finished product. that is a present limiting factor. I am thinking it will eventually become easier to work with. I AM, however, concerned about the need for the masks, people being sensitive to the medium powder. It could cause lung problems for some people.

Remove ads