D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

One thing that could be removed to make space is the woulds section of health. I've never seen it used in play. Even if you just add it to the list of features that Patreons vote on, I would like to at least see the rule considered, as I rather enjoy the automation and appearance of your sheet, and I'd hate to try and find another sheet that can do it that sacrifices other things in return.

If you want, I have made a (poor) mockup of what a vitality section could look like that I could PM/email you.
A mockup is always welcome, as it generally makes it much easier to communicate what you are talking about. And in this case it would be a good thing, because I'm not sure why you would want to remove the wounds section (of the colourful sheets I'm guessing), where else would you keep track of your character's HP?

pls fix the virus pls ;-; pls
Please understand that the false virus alert is the result of Avast. I reported this false positive to Avast and they are looking into it. Unfortunately, that takes several weeks and I have to report every new version separately. You can help by also filling out the false positive form: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

If there was anything more I can do, I would, but it is out of my hands...

uly

First Post
Suggestion (current ver. 12.99):

One thing that's bothered me about some of Adobe's standard fonts is the way their hyphen-minus ( - , U+002D -) looks. It's noticeably different from the "minus sign" ( − , U+2212, −) looks. The actual minus sign has the same style and width with the plus sign (+), while the hyphen-minus doesn't.

Compare these for example:
+1
−1 <= real minus, nicely aligned with +
-1 <= default hyphen-minus, has shorter width and thicker line

This is admittedly very knit-picky, but it's a bit of an eyesore for the typographically inclined. It'd be awesome if you could convert all the displayed negative signs from hyphen-minus to actual minus. (I've done this myself in the past, so I know it's not too complicated -- just add a function to handle all number displays.)

uly

First Post
Bug report for 12.99:

In the Source Material selection window, if UA: Modern Magic is included as a source, the Spell/Psionics button (which opens a separate selection window) will not work.

Suggestion (current ver. 12.99):

One thing that's bothered me about some of Adobe's standard fonts is the way their hyphen-minus ( - , U+002D -) looks. It's noticeably different from the "minus sign" ( − , U+2212, −) looks. The actual minus sign has the same style and width with the plus sign (+), while the hyphen-minus doesn't.

Compare these for example:
+1
−1 <= real minus, nicely aligned with +
-1 <= default hyphen-minus, has shorter width and thicker line

This is admittedly very knit-picky, but it's a bit of an eyesore for the typographically inclined. It'd be awesome if you could convert all the displayed negative signs from hyphen-minus to actual minus. (I've done this myself in the past, so I know it's not too complicated -- just add a function to handle all number displays.)
I see what you are saying but I have to disagree with you. I don't think it looks better in the default font on the Printer Friendly sheet and with the default font on Colourful sheets the difference is negligible.

Regardless what I think, their are a couple of issues with implementing this:
- JavaScript can't easily convert the unicode minus sign to a negative number, thus a lot of the code that evaluates the code would have to have a special exception in it. This is why even the built-in number format also uses the hyphen instead of the minus sign.
- The minus sign is a bit bigger, which would make some numbers not fit on the sheet (the modifier fields).
- The unicode minus sign doesn't exist in every font, while the hyphen does and you don't want to switch font and then suddenly see all negative numbers be printed as positive numbers.

Bug report for 12.99:

In the Source Material selection window, if UA: Modern Magic is included as a source, the Spell/Psionics button (which opens a separate selection window) will not work.
Thank you for reporting this issue, I will make sure to fix it in the next version!

Astromath

First Post
I just noticed something. This deals with spells. Let's suppose you make a wizard that has the cantrip fire bolt. Then you take spell sniper (wizard) feat. The spell sheet offers fire bolt again. I believe the sheet should be updated to know that if fire bolt (or any other cantrip being chosen by spell sniper) is already taken, it would take that cantrip off the list. I haven't checked, but I think this needs to be done with other spells not chosen by class, such as the racial spells. If a race already has the spell, then it should be taken off the spell list.

I would also change the order of when the spell sniper cantrip is chosen. I suggest the following: put the spell sniper choice before the choosing of the class spells instead of after.

IOW: the spell choices would go as follows:
1: Choose racial spells
2: Choose feat spells
3: Choose class spells

Since magic items can also have spells, if and when the ability to automate magic items is added, they should have their own sheet.

Undrhil

Explorer
I just noticed something. This deals with spells. Let's suppose you make a wizard that has the cantrip fire bolt. Then you take spell sniper (wizard) feat. The spell sheet offers fire bolt again. I believe the sheet should be updated to know that if fire bolt (or any other cantrip being chosen by spell sniper) is already taken, it would take that cantrip off the list. I haven't checked, but I think this needs to be done with other spells not chosen by class, such as the racial spells. If a race already has the spell, then it should be taken off the spell list.

I would also change the order of when the spell sniper cantrip is chosen. I suggest the following: put the spell sniper choice before the choosing of the class spells instead of after.

There is nothing stopping you from having a spell from different "sources". You can have Fire Bolt from being a Sorcerer, then multiclass Wizard and take it again. I wouldn't change this particular function.

Astromath

First Post
Using V. 12.99 (letter, color)

Just came across a problem. Add backpack and other items to left column. Then use the "auto" add for background equipment, armor and weapons. The left hand weight subtotal does not calculate correctly. It only shows the weight of the extra items that the backpack did not originally have. And the total weight box is empty.

Step 1: Add pack (left column)
Step 2: Add extra items to pack, such as healing potions
Step 3: Auto-add background, armor, and weapons

Expected behavior: Subtotal of weight would include the pack and the extra items.
Actual behavior: Subtotal of weight only shows the weight of the extra items.

P.S. I manually entered the healing potions instead of using the equipment drop down list. The reason is that I needed to add potions of greater healing to the pack.

One other thing. On another sheet, I did add healing potions from the drop down, then changed the potion name to potion of greater healing. I then tried to add a new potion of healing to the list and instead of adding a new line for the potion, it incremented the number of potions of greater healing.

Last edited:

Remove ads