D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Maybe support for the android version of Adobe Acrobat?

I'm 99% sure it is impossible for MPMB to support the Android version of Adobe Acrobat as I'm pretty sure it has much more limited JavaScript support than the PC version.

MPMB has already said that he won't be doing an android/iphone version of his sheet in a previous post. The limited JavaScript would cause him to completely rework a several items, and the spell sheets would, indeed, be impossible to do.

MPMB, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Both Astromath and wilcoxcon are correct, this is not possible. My sheet uses a lot of JavaScript, following the API for Adobe Acrobat. Currently there is no other software than Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Adobe Acrobat for Mac that supports this full API. Just compare the mobile API with the desktop API and you will see the problem clearly, the mobile API has very little compared to the desktop API.

So the question you should ask would be more along the lines of 'Maybe add support to the Android version of Adobe Acrobat to use MPMB's Character Record Sheet?'. Obviously, that is not something I can do and you will have to ask Adobe.

I have contacted Adobe about this and they said that it is absolutely no priority for them and that nobody is working on it at the moment. However, if more people start asking Adobe to add the JavaScript API support to their mobile versions of Adobe Acrobat, we might just convince them that this should be a priority and that they should put somebody to work on it :)

Astromath

First Post
You can exclude a column of the equipment table from counting towards the total weight carried. You can do this with the "Weight" button/bookmark.

In the future, I could make a feature to exclude everything that is 'in' one of extradimensional magic items. However, something like that would still have limited usability, but enough if you don't want to exclude a whole column. It would than work that every item that starts with a "- " and is listed directly below one of these extradimensional magic items would not be counted towards the total. If I ever get around to making a dedicated equipment/loot page, I'll be sure to have a section that can be set to 'extradimensional' space. Until then, you will have to use the Weight button :)

In other words, you need to "weight" for MPMB to program that feature. :) LOL

Duan'duliir

Devil of Chance
I can't seem to find any sort of option for using Vitality (from the Variant Rules UA, June 8, 2015). Would it be possible to add that to the sheet as an optional thing (or create a new sheet that has this rule in place)?

- Zynx, from the EN World mobile app

I can't seem to find any sort of option for using Vitality (from the Variant Rules UA, June 8, 2015). Would it be possible to add that to the sheet as an optional thing (or create a new sheet that has this rule in place)?

- Zynx, from the EN World mobile app
The custom rules from the Unearthed Arcana: Variant Rules article are indeed not included in the sheet, nor are there any plans to include them. At this time I don't see how they could be practically included (because of the high value of space on the first page). You are also the first person to ask about this and I honestly have not given those custom rules much thought.

uly

First Post
Bug report

Bug report for 12.98:

The text for Create Bonfire in the Attack box (page 1) reads:

"Con save, success - no damage, fail - also disadv. on next weapon attack roll in next turn; 1 creature (EE 18)"

Bonfire shouldn't give disadv. on attack. Looks like a confusion with Vicious Mockery?

Bug report for 12.98:

The text for Create Bonfire in the Attack box (page 1) reads:

"Con save, success - no damage, fail - also disadv. on next weapon attack roll in next turn; 1 creature (EE 18)"

Bonfire shouldn't give disadv. on attack. Looks like a confusion with Vicious Mockery?
Thank you very much for reporting this error. It turns out that the Create Bonfire JSON has two description attributes, the correct one and a copy of the Frostbite cantrip's description. Of course the JSON uses the incorrect one... I will fix this in the next version :)

v12.99 - Alerts for Feat requirements, New functions/fixes for the Spell Sheets, Set Adventurers League sections individually, and many, many bug fixes

Again, there were a lot of responses about the bugs in the previous version and I would like to thank everybody that reported a bug.

Beside the bugfixes, v12.99 also has some new features and fixes for the spell sheet generation, as well as some new features to improve the overall usability of the sheet.

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.99 (17 May 2017):[/H6]
  • NEW FEATURE: Feats with prerequisite requirements now give an alert when you select them while not meeting the requirements (as suggested by Ken L.);
  • NEW FEATURE: When generating spell sheets, you can now set any spellcasting class to generate a ‘complete’ spell list of all the class' spells;
  • NEW FEATURE: It is now possible, for classes with spells ‘known’, to have the spell sheet generate with only the spells of levels that can actually be used;
  • NEW FEATURE: The “League” button and “Adventurers League” bookmark now show a menu where you can set all elements individually, instead of having to choose all or nothing.
  • Added ‘Breath Weapon’ as a weapon option for the Dragonborn race (as suggested by Erik);
  • Added a warning in the Companion and Wild Shape pop-up menus for when the Monster Manual source is excluded;
  • Added even more warnings about the need for using Adobe Acrobat with this sheet and about the fact that Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free;
  • Added the button icons found in the ‘JavaScript Window’-toolbar to the associated dialogues as well;
  • Made it possible to use negative modifiers for Proficiency Bonus (as suggested by Jason H.);
  • Made it so that when adding a multi-row element to the Spell Sheet page via the line-menu, the sheet first makes space for that element;
  • Changed the width of the Source Selection dialogue and added a button to list the sources alphabetically by abbreviation;
  • Fix for inserting rows on the spell sheet when stuff falls of the bottom of the page;
  • Fixed a bug that had the sheet used the oldest version of any subclass it found, instead of the newest as it said it would do (thanks Matt W. for reporting);
  • Fixed a bug that had the sheet not recognize the inputs “handaxe” and “battleaxe” as the word “axe” was not separate (thanks Juan H. for reporting);
  • Fix for Goliath racial trait in metric system (thanks Aldo S. for reporting);
  • Fix for the Sea Sorcerer’s Watery Defense ability being Charisma score instead of Charisma mod (thanks robinsving for reporting);
  • Fix for manually set resistances not importing (thanks Jonathan D. for reporting);
  • Fix for armour names appearing wrongly in the equipment section when using the “Add Equipment” button to get it from the first page (thanks anonymous for reporting);
  • Fix for Mastery of Ice – Ice Spike doing Necrotic damage instead of Cold damage (thanks Tove L. A. for reporting);
  • Fix for wrongly spelled ‘profiency bonus’ on the Colourful sheets (thanks Eric K. for being the first to notice/report this in over a year of it being wrongly spelled!);
  • Fix for Hobgoblin stat increases being set wrongly in the Ability Score Selection dialogue (thanks Ken L. for reporting);
  • Fix for having a number as the very first character in the Class field producing an error. Now it is simply ignored;
  • Several minor tweaks for dialogues;
  • Fix for a level of spells being put on the next page during spell sheet generation when there was exactly enough space to put it on the previous page;
  • Fix for the spells taken from the wizard’s spellbook not showing up correctly in the ‘Prepared spells only’ dialogue;
  • Fix for the Spider incorrectly showing the features of a Giant Spider when used as a wild shape (thanks /u/Ocbard for reporting);
  • Fix for the Fighter (Scout) subclass from UA: Kits of Old getting only two skill proficiencies while it should get three (thanks Widdy for reporting);
  • Fix for the ‘Create Bonfire’ cantrip having the wrong description (thanks uly for reporting);
  • Updated the FAQ.

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

robmox

Villager
I noticed that for some reason, my Pact Weapon (Moonbow) doesn't get proficiency bonus even though you're automatically proficient with the Pact Weapon. It'd be great if I didn't have to manually add that in.

Duan'duliir

Devil of Chance
The custom rules from the Unearthed Arcana: Variant Rules article are indeed not included in the sheet, nor are there any plans to include them. At this time I don't see how they could be practically included (because of the high value of space on the first page). You are also the first person to ask about this and I honestly have not given those custom rules much thought.

One thing that could be removed to make space is the woulds section of health. I've never seen it used in play. Even if you just add it to the list of features that Patreons vote on, I would like to at least see the rule considered, as I rather enjoy the automation and appearance of your sheet, and I'd hate to try and find another sheet that can do it that sacrifices other things in return.

If you want, I have made a (poor) mockup of what a vitality section could look like that I could PM/email you.

I noticed that for some reason, my Pact Weapon (Moonbow) doesn't get proficiency bonus even though you're automatically proficient with the Pact Weapon. It'd be great if I didn't have to manually add that in.
Thank you for reporting this issue! I thought I had all the pact weapons covered, but it seems it still had an exception for ranged weapons, thus it was not working for the Moonbow. I will fix this in the next version :)

Remove ads