D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Pauln6

Hero
Thank you for your feedback!

Human fighters that only take feats are the exception to the rule, fortunately. Most characters won't take that many feats, and designing for the exception will always leave a lot of unused space for most characters IMHO.

I agree that a sheet with room for more documentation of your character/familiar/mount/cohort could be a useful addition. Unfortunately, I didn't design this sheet, I just added the form-fillable elements (and made some minor changes). So I don't have the original documents to simply make some more in the same style and thus would have to start from scratch. If you have a good lay-out in mind I would be willing to give it a go and brighten your lay-out with the style elements of this sheet (so with lay-out I just mean an example of how much room everything should take up, where it should go, what information should and shouldn't be part of it, etc.).

The things I think would be good supplements (just spit-balling):
- Stat block and stuff for 1 familiar/mount/cohort/animal companion
- Rewards section with description of (the functionality) of magic items and other rewards (boons/charms/blessings)
- Background story section (more room to expand on story and not just background traits/features)
- Spill over space for equipment
- Place to record level of fatigue (and what that level entails)
- Summary of what the different conditions entail
- Lots of space for notes (campaign journal/notes etc.)

Shame - one less feat space and a bit less class feature space on 2.01! I insist that my players pick feats but we have no single class fighters yet. Most of the pcs have 3-4 feats at level 13 so we will run out of space darn it!

Chadster

Villager
Modify Margins

First off I must say I love the character sheet. It has the right amount of space for equipment, features, etc. I'm looking for and overall just love the layout.

Second I did hope to find a version that wasn't autofill as I'd like to print them out and have the players use the base sheet to make their characters and after that I'd input the information into the sheet. This isn't a big issue as we can just write over the information and I can add it later to the sheet.

Third and the biggest thing I wish I could have... I would love there to be no margins or at least a modifiable margin. When I print it the size is scaled down to adjust for letter sized paper. It's still readable, but its a bit small for my taste (I'm old so print size is important). I tried to modify this but reader doesn't allow this unless you have the original file (which I don't expect you to be handing out). Is it possible to make a version that has no margins set? This way the print goes to the very edge of the sheet.

If I'm wrong with the margins please let me know. Thanks in advance for the hard work and time you've spent on the sheets! Honestly really good work!

-Chad

@Pauln6: I'm assuming you mean the Letter sized sheet has less room for feats, instead of v2.01 having less room. I didn't change the room for feats between the versions ;)

@Chadster: Thank you for your praise! I was thinking about making a button that hides all the auto-calculated fields. I'll implement that when I have time.

Concerning the margins. I don't think that is due to the sheet, but because of your choices when printing. You can select either "fit" or "full size" (or something similar, I don't have English Acrobat). The margins are also very dependent on your printer and its settings. Not all printers are able to print marginless, and even if they are this is almost always a separate setting you have to choose.

Chadster

Villager
@Chadster: Thank you for your praise! I was thinking about making a button that hides all the auto-calculated fields. I'll implement that when I have time.

Concerning the margins. I don't think that is due to the sheet, but because of your choices when printing. You can select either "fit" or "full size" (or something similar, I don't have English Acrobat). The margins are also very dependent on your printer and its settings. Not all printers are able to print marginless, and even if they are this is almost always a separate setting you have to choose.

I did try the "Fit" which does 'fit' the page to the default 'letter' size (8.5x11), but the sheet then gets a 1" border around the entire sheet. This isn't 'bad' per-say but I had just hopped to get it all the way to the edge or at least maybe '.5' or closer to the edge of the sheet.

When I tell it to do 'Full Size' it then cuts out the edges of the sheet which could be that all 3 of the printers I used don't allow it. It's done it for other 'PDF' files so I wanted to ask you to see if this was something you could modify. When I go to the "Page Setup" at the bottom right the margins are all grayed out. I'm not the PDF guru so I figured I should ask you and see if there was a flag that allowed us to modify said margins.

I'll hunt around and see if I can find out more about this.

Thank you again for the quality sheet and for being so quick to respond!

- Chad

I did hope to find a version that wasn't autofill as I'd like to print them out and have the players use the base sheet to make their characters and after that I'd input the information into the sheet.
I'm happy to announce that v2.1 now has a button to hide all auto-filled fields :)

When I tell it to do 'Full Size' it then cuts out the edges of the sheet which could be that all 3 of the printers I used don't allow it. It's done it for other 'PDF' files so I wanted to ask you to see if this was something you could modify. When I go to the "Page Setup" at the bottom right the margins are all grayed out. I'm not the PDF guru so I figured I should ask you and see if there was a flag that allowed us to modify said margins.
Don't worry about the greyed out margins in 'page setup', these setting are not for these kind of documents.

When you choose 'Full Size', do you still have white margins on your paper, or does your printer print all the way to the edge?

I don't think it is Adobe Acrobat Reader that is setting the margins, but your printer driver. Because the page is exact the same size as the paper you are trying to print to, Acrobat is forced to scale the page to compensate for the largest margin your printer has (most often the bottom of the page) and will, as a result of this, apply this largest margin for all the edges. You can experiment with printing with a custom scale and see when nothing on the sides and top falls of the page any more.

In order to test if it is indeed your printer setting the margins and not Acrobat you can try and print to PDF using a PDF printer. Just make sure you select "Actual size" and "Choose paper source by PDF page size" and see if you get a document that has no margins.

Chadster

Villager
I will check that out today... Again thank you so very much for the quick response and for adding options so quickly!

Now all you need to do is make this an app so I can have it on my ipad!

-Chad

Well if you get Adobe Reader for iOS, you should be able to use the form-fillable functions of the PDF on your iPad.

I made all possible fields form-fillable (including the ammunition) so it can be used on tablets as well as paper. I don't have any iOS devices myself, so I'm not sure how compatible all of the code is. Adobe Reader for Android doesn't support any of the features concerned with hiding fields (such as the newly added purple button), and neither does choosing armor has the desired effect. Most automation seems to work, and you should still be able to fill in the fields manually where the automation fails. Or just fill in the sheet on a PC and upload it to your tablet, going back to the PC only for major changes.

Asyrin

First Post
Hello! Looks amazing.

Quick stupid question....do I need to purchase a program to use this sheet?

Edit: Nevermind. I realized that after my last spring cleaning I had never reinstalled Acrobat Reader. Works great. Thanks!

Last edited:

Nimrod Yanai

Villager
WOW!
This is great! I've been searching for a spell sheet that resemles the comfortable 3rd edition ones and this one is PERFECT!
Can you please make a PDF version of ALL spells for each class? I've been trying to use your EXCEL file but for some reason it just doesn't work, printing pages with no spells... Something to resemble the spell sheets in this character sheet,just with your awsome design :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases