D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Pauln6

Hero
Best hold off on putting too much auto-fill as it looks like WotC have been issuing cease and desist orders against generators that import copyrighted material. The sheet is now my go-to sheet though :)

Wolfx

First Post
I just noticed that version 4.0 no longer allows me to save the form in reader (glad I still have v3.6).
Is this a function you plan on incorporating again?

Thanks

Aric

What version of Adobe Reader are you using? I changed something so that the file isn't locking out editing (for example changing the page order), but as a result only Adobe Reader X or later will be able to save the filled-out form. I have tested this with Adobe Reader XI and I can save the file just fine :)

Maybe I am wrong in thinking previous versions of Adobe Reader work at all... What happens when you upgrade Adobe Reader to the latest version (XI)?

Edit: I did some checking and the PDF indeed only saves in Adobe Reader XI, sorry to misinform you earlier. So all you have to do is update your Adobe Reader to the newest version and you should be good to go!

Last edited:

jlmcdowell

Villager
Printable Version

I love this sheet! I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work properly in readers, and it doesn't appear that the "Hide Fillable Fields" button is completely hiding them. Is there any possibility of a simple printable version of this sheet? Again, this is my favorite sheet but I haven't been able to use it because of a few issues, Great Job though!!

I'm sorry to hear that the sheet isn't working as desired for you.

First, what type of pdf reader are you using. The sheet is only designed to work with Adobe Acrobat Reader XI. While using this version, be sure to enable javascript in Edit >> Settings >> Javascript >> Enable Acrobat Javascript (actual wording may differ, I'm translating from a Dutch version).

Secondly, the button to hide fields is called 'hide auto-filled fields' because it only hides those fields that you cannot be emptied manually (or by using the 'Reset' button). The button is not designed to hide all the fields, as most of the fields are empty and/or won't be part of a print-out.

Once you have hidden the auto-calculated fields, you should be able to print an empty sheet. Note that all buttons and fields with blue text are visible on screen, but will be ignored when printing. If you want to see what the print-out looks like, check the print preview in the print dialogue. Even though it is small, it should accurately represent the way the print will turn out (i.e. what will be printed and what not).

Last edited:

Wolfx

First Post
Maybe I am wrong in thinking previous versions of Adobe Reader work at all... What happens when you upgrade Adobe Reader to the latest version (XI)?

Edit: I did some checking and the PDF indeed only saves in Adobe Reader XI, sorry to misinform you earlier. So all you have to do is update your Adobe Reader to the newest version and you should be good to go!

I did manage to upgrade to XI and the sheet works great. I was wondering if you plan on adding the races from the Elemental Evil document? Also, do you plan on including the new spells into your spell sheet creator?

Thanks again for this great player aid

Aric

Good to hear you got everything working!

I will add the new Elemental Evil stuff when I find the opportunity. I have added the races to Character Sheet v4.8. The spells will follow later, as they are a lot more work.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Found something odd with the Weapons section. As shown in the attachment, the "Damage" field auto-calculates to "2000000+3".

Attachments

• CharSheet capture.JPG
    CharSheet capture.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 513

Remove ads