Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navare

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey had not heard any rumors about purple haired newcomers and shook her head to answer Zeta’s question.

Since it was decided, she finished her coffee and stood with the others as they exited the tavern. Stepping outside, she tilted the brim of her hat down to shield her eyes. Her long coat was clear of her gun as she walked with her shooting hand’s thumb hooked in the belt right beside the pistol.

On hearing the rat-man’s enthusiasm, Hailey cocked an eyebrow at the tidbits of information.

“Sounds like the daughter is already looking in the tunnels. Might have to save her arse too.”

“You’re prolly right about the Technic League, Twist. Maybe they are down their looking for robots,”
she added coolly as it was exactly why she wanted to investigate under Black Hill, power hungry wizards at work.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[section]On the way to the Town Hall, Twist trundled along after Zeta, unable to stop himself from repeatedly looking up and beaming at the android's shock of white-blue hair. "Hey, Zeta! Hey! Wait up!" The ratling boy took two steps for every one of Zeta's.

"Hey! I heard something today. Well, two somethings. Wanna hear?" Twist looked sideways at Zeta and smiled, continuing to ramble before the android could respond. "So, first...The Foundry's been closed. You know the place, it's that tavern we went to three months back. You know, the one Val runs. Khonnir's daughter? Yeah. She closed it! Just like that! No warning or nothing! Think she's missing too?"

Twist was so full of energy that he started to bounce, but he made himself lower his voice and lean in before delivering his next bit of news. "Oh, yeah! And today, while I was making my rounds in the market, Lil' Mickey told me something juicy. She said the Technic League is behind the problems in town. One of their agents put out the torch so we’ll all go broke and they can take the place over for free." Twist nodded conspiratorially at Zeta, and--unable to contain his excitement--started hopping from foot to foot.[/section]

Zeta mulls those pieces of news over as they make their way through the town. She was a stark contrast to Twist; each move considered, with no energy wasted.

"Val...I suppose it depends if she closed it, or if it was just abandoned. She could have gone looking for her father...or she could have been taken, maybe to use as leverage to gain Khonnir's cooperation."

Her expression darkened at Twist's second item, and she nodded.

"I suspected the purple-haired woman might be an agent for the League. I don't think Mickey's word on the matter is 'evidence' exactly, but I agree with her analysis." She looks down at Twist and adds, "We must find actual proof though. If we can link the League to these events, it could mobilize the town against them!"

Kaodi

Hero
"Robots?" asks Olrich, darkly inquisitive. "I do not think I am familiar with such a creature."

The arcanist follows behind the rest of the group, keeping pace but careful not to insert himself into the thick of it. "I am not sure you should be jumping to any conclusions about this 'stranger' though," he adds, tone lightening but with a certain quality of 'talking down' to it. "One could point out that a stranger arrived in town just after the fire died out and has been seen asking around about the area. Oh, and everyone agrees he wears a long red coat."

"Without the fire, just what is so important about this town that the League would wish to take it over? Because I might point out that being able to put the fire out is not the same thing as being able to start it up again. Seems like a bit of a risk to kill off the 'golden goose' so to speak."

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Vandor

Vandor walked along side of Aja. It seemed natural to him. They had developed a close friendship during their years of training together. As they walked with the others towards the town hall, he contemplated the others. Each had their own motivation for participating in this expedition. Twist was concerned about his fellow beings below the surface. Zeta was rumored to a foe of the Technic League, which was rumored to be involved with the flame going out. The newest visitor to the town, Olrich, was a different story. His motivation was less clear. Vandor suspected he might be a mercenary of some sort. He had met a few while working at the store.

"I assure you these robots, as you call them, do indeed exist. As for the flame, I suspect the Technic League has a way to reignite it. Their method is likely untested and may not succeed. We must proceed on the assumption that the Technic League is the cause of the recent troubles until proven otherwise. If the rumors of what lies beneath are true, then they stand to gain the most from what is discovered. Perhaps the flame was interfering with their ability to explore the area?"

Shayuri

First Post
"They want anything related to the old Starfall," Zeta says darkly, giving Olrich a flat look. "No, more than want. They believe all such things already belong to them by right. Whatever makes the Flame, and therefore all of Torch and whatever's under it, is something they won't rest until they possess. I suppose the town is well-defended enough that they don't want to waste effort conquering it openly...so they turned to subterfuge."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navare

Hailey shrugged as they walked along. She had nothing much else to add as the others conversed around her. Speculation was just that, and she was planning to see what was what below the town regardless.

Her gun would punch holes in robots or megalomaniac wizards just as well.

Init +6, Speed 30
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3

G

Guest 11456

Upon arriving at the Town Hall you find that all but one of the council members are gone. Dolga Freddert, an old dwarven woman, is the only council member present. "Good day to you! I am afraid that Soceal Murgrave is at home nursing a splitting headache. Bazlundi Otterbie is currently working with Joram Kyte to coordinate tending to Torch’s growing problem of waste disposal. No doubt you have heard that Khonnir Baine is missing. So all council matters fall to me in this time of crisis." She brings you into a room that looks like it is normally used for council meetings. "Please sit and tell me what brings you to the Town Hall."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navare

Hailey titled up her hat so her eyes were no longer in such deep shadow from the brim. She had no idea who all the council members were that the woman named, but was not really interested in them either.

She took a seat by flipping the chair around and straddling it backwards, resting her arms on the backrest.

"Yes, we did hear about Baine being missing. That is why we are here."

"We heard mention there was a reward to finding him and we should come here for inquiries and information."

Init +6, Speed 30
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3

Graybeard

Explorer
Vandor

Vandor nodded in greeting to the councilor. He remained quiet for now and allowed Hailey to speak. He was tempted to decline the reward but he knew some of the others may only be going along because of it.

G

Guest 11456

Dolga Freddert seems relieved to hear that you are planning to look for Khonnir Baine. "That is great. Yes! The reward for rescuing Khonnir is four thousand gold. If you bring him back alive there is the addition of the scroll of resurrection. There is also a separate reward for reignite the torch atop Black Hill. That one is four thousand gold as well. But our current focus is the return of Khonnir. What question do you have?"

Remove ads