Celebrities Who Play RPGs?

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Vin Diesel is well known among gamers, as is Wil Wheaton. Lexa Doig from the show Andromeda is known to play online RPGs, are there any other celebrities you know of who play RPGs, either online or tabletop?

Vin Diesel is well known among gamers, as is Wil Wheaton. Lexa Doig from the show Andromeda is known to play online RPGs, are there any other celebrities you know of who play RPGs, either online or tabletop?

Ben Affleck played DnD as a kid with his best friend Matt Damon. Jessica Alba, Jon Favreau,

Dame Judi Dench DMs D&D campaigns with her grandchildren and contrary to popular myth, Vin Diesel did not "teach her how to play" while they were filming together. She already knew how.

I never knew "M" was short for "DM". I wonder if her reference to a "sexist, misogynist dinosaur" was to do with James Bond's Chaotic Neutral Dragonborn character, Dublo S's'evaan?

Ryujin

Legend
I suppose it depends on your definition of 'celebrity', as fame is a relative thing. Virtually all of the people in Dead Gentlemen Productions and Zombie Orpheus Entertainment are gamers but some wouldn't count them, as they aren't 'universally' famous. Felicia Day is a gamer (again obvious). Seth Green (Family Guy, Robot Chicken) has said he plays RPGs. I found a reference to Nathan Fillion sitting in on someone's Firefly game at GenCon.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Dude, you mentioned Wil Wheaton in your original post -- but then you left him off your compiled list.

Add:
Dan Harmon, creator of "Community." (He plays D&D in his "Harmontown" podcasts.)
John Rogers, show-runner of "Leverage" -- and writer of the D&D comic from IDG.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Ben Affleck
Matt Damon
Jessica Alba
Jon Favreau
Dame Judi Dench
Vin Diesel
Felicia Dey
Seth Green
Nathan Fillion
Wil Wheaton
Dan Harmon
John Rogers

Getting longer... Got enough for a good sized adventure party. :)

Remove ads