[OT]Gilliam working on Gaiman’s GOOD OMENS

Mr. Grimm

First Post
[OT]Gilliam working on Gaiman’s GOOD OMENS

Didn't see this anywhere here. Found this on Cinescape's site.

Gilliam working on Gaiman’s GOOD OMENS
After hiatus, Gilliam ready to work again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Friday, February 15, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
By: News Editor
Source: Variety

After having a couple of tough years watching his dream project THE MAN WHO KILLED DON QUIXOTE collapse before it could get made, Terry Gilliam (TIME BANDITS, FISHER KING, BRAZIL) is poised to make a comeback with an adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s GOOD OMENS. Gilliam has tapped longtime collaborator Tony Grisoni to pen the script, and is looking to get Johnny Depp and Robin Williams to star.

OMENS tells the story of angels and devils looking for the Antichrist on earth after a hospital mix-up sends the dark one home with the wrong parents.

Gizzard

First Post
Off Off Topic: Has anyone else here read Gaiman's latest, "American Gods"? As always, he has an amazing and strange imagination. Its on the cusp for me to nominate for the Hugo this year; I'll have to decide before the end of March.

The urban legend about KFC is worth reading the book for, even if you enjoy nothing else. :)

TBoarder

Explorer
Crothian said:
I haven't read any of his books beside Good Omens. Are there any others that are also good?

Every single one of 'em. I recommend Neverwhere and American Gods. His short story collection, Smoke & Mirrors is fun for when you're not in the mood to go through a 300 page novel. If you feel like spending lots of money, the Sandman comic book series (collected in graphic novel formet) is considered to be one of the best comic series ever. Pretty much ANYTHING Gaiman touches is gold. :)

Thyrkill

Explorer
Don't forget that Gaiman co-authored Good Omens with Terry Pratchett...a modern comic genius (READ DISCWORLD). The dark humor that they both bring to this book is perfect for Terry Gilliam's brilliance...I can't wait.

Zappo

Explorer
Yup, Good Omens is as much a work of Terry Pratchett as it is of Gaiman. And believe me, it shows and it shows a lot. It's very good.

Remove ads