D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I have an Arcane Trickster (Rogue) level 5. When I add a level of Ranger I lose one spell slot per day.

I think this is because the Ranger is being given a caster level at level 1, and then the maths in play are:

⅓ x Rogue 5 = 1
½ x Ranger 1 = 0

giving a total caster level of 1 which gives 2x 1st level spell slots (table, PHB, pg 165), but the Rogue at level 5 is given 3x 1st level spell slots (table, PHB, page 98).

Assuming this isn't as intended by WoTC, I think the answer is to not consider the Ranger a caster until it can actually cast, i.e., at 2nd level, and continuing to use the Arcane Trickster spell chart until one advances to Ranger level 2.

At L2 Ranger the maths give us: ⅓ x Rogue 5 = 1 + ½ x Ranger 2 = 1, so caster level 2 and 3x 1st level slots, so at least there's no regression.

Love the sheet! Thanks for all the work.

Good question, makes sense - anyone have any official rules reference for this? It's easy to implement and might make this default even if no official ruling. Thoughts?

Dannyboy7702

First Post
The forge domain has been released and is legal for those in Adventures League.

https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/DnDXL2017_Forge.pdf

Forge works on his CS in his off time (he does have a life). He has stated in the past that he will not be adding things just because they are in the adventures league. He only adds things when there is an official release (i.e. manuals, adventures and such), this is why you don't see anything from unearthed arcana in the CS.

With that being said, Xanathar's Guide to Everything is set to be released on or about November 10th. When this guide is released Forged will be doing quite a bit of programming to add that data to the CS. While there are other community members that have been helping Forged with his CS, it will still take time.

Finally, if you want to use the forge domain for the cleric class, you can always manually enter the info in the subclass section on the custom tab.

Lonnie R Moore

First Post
I don't think Import Character option doesn't work for 2.27 using Excel 2016. It opens an import file window but when I select my v1.64 character the import window closes but the 2.27 character sheet doesn't change. Is the previous version too old to import? I love the sheet and the 2.27 layout looks great, but really hope I don't have hand jam my character into the sheet. :-S

Dannyboy7702

First Post
I don't think Import Character option doesn't work for 2.27 using Excel 2016. It opens an import file window but when I select my v1.64 character the import window closes but the 2.27 character sheet doesn't change. Is the previous version too old to import? I love the sheet and the 2.27 layout looks great, but really hope I don't have hand jam my character into the sheet. :-S

The import function does work. It just doesn't work on CS versions that old. I am sure that you noticed their layouts are different and v2.27 has more cells for info that v1.64. You will have to manually enter your data.

Conandar

Explorer
The import function does work. It just doesn't work on CS versions that old. I am sure that you noticed their layouts are different and v2.27 has more cells for info that v1.64. You will have to manually enter your data.

It occurs to me that having the minimum version that the import will work with noted would be a handy addition on the Start page. Perhaps in smaller text under the "Import Character" line (minimum supported version: 2.xx)?

That being said, version 1.64 is the latest version in the 1.xx line and FA has stated that there would be no import from any 1.xx version to any 2.xx version. Even older 2.xx versions do not import into the current (2.27) version. For the most part the older versions work just fine, and manually transferring to a new version is not that hard - certainly no harder than transferring a pencil and paper version. If this tool were for profit perhaps we could reasonably expect longer import support, but this tool is free for donations of beer funds (and it has to be to keep the WotC hounds at bay!)

Erik Ker

First Post
Multi-Spell caster

I have created a Multi-spell casting character. So far, starting Bard1, then Cleric1 (life), Sorcerer1, everything has gone well. Now, at fourth level, I am adding Warlock1. Aside from adding my 2 cantrips, I seem to be getting no other Warlock features. My pact magic choices remain greyed out.

Next I intend to add Wizard2, and Druid1 before maxing out the remaining levels of Sorcerer.

Adding Wizard1 as my fifth level makes 4 more cantrips available. A first level wizard only gets three. However my spells known number is not improved by the Wizard's first levels spells known count.

When I added Wizard2 as the class for my sixth level, I cannot find where to select my magic school, Divination.
Inexplicably Warlock pact of the Tomb cantrips are now available, but SHOULD NOT BE as I have NOT taken WARLOCK2.

Adding Druid1 for my 7th level does not make the 2 cantrips for druids available, nor the number of 1st level spells known available.

As I intend to take Sorcerer levels the rest of the way, I don't anticipate other problems.

It occurs to me that having the minimum version that the import will work with noted would be a handy addition on the Start page. Perhaps in smaller text under the "Import Character" line (minimum supported version: 2.xx)?

That being said, version 1.64 is the latest version in the 1.xx line and FA has stated that there would be no import from any 1.xx version to any 2.xx version. Even older 2.xx versions do not import into the current (2.27) version. For the most part the older versions work just fine, and manually transferring to a new version is not that hard - certainly no harder than transferring a pencil and paper version. If this tool were for profit perhaps we could reasonably expect longer import support, but this tool is free for donations of beer funds (and it has to be to keep the WotC hounds at bay!)

I think a script that checks the file version of the import and provides feedback as a popup on incomparable files would be good too.

I have created a Multi-spell casting character. So far, starting Bard1, then Cleric1 (life), Sorcerer1, everything has gone well. Now, at fourth level, I am adding Warlock1. Aside from adding my 2 cantrips, I seem to be getting no other Warlock features. My pact magic choices remain greyed out.

Next I intend to add Wizard2, and Druid1 before maxing out the remaining levels of Sorcerer.

Adding Wizard1 as my fifth level makes 4 more cantrips available. A first level wizard only gets three. However my spells known number is not improved by the Wizard's first levels spells known count.

When I added Wizard2 as the class for my sixth level, I cannot find where to select my magic school, Divination.
Inexplicably Warlock pact of the Tomb cantrips are now available, but SHOULD NOT BE as I have NOT taken WARLOCK2.

Adding Druid1 for my 7th level does not make the 2 cantrips for druids available, nor the number of 1st level spells known available.

As I intend to take Sorcerer levels the rest of the way, I don't anticipate other problems.

Internal Structure of the tool only supports 3 classes.

Remove ads