D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Muleskinner

First Post
Questions: Transferring Older Versions, Next Version Release

Just want to say, big love for the CG and for this community. Thanks to everyone for being so diligent and professional. I joined the ride at v1.35 and I have an old character in that version that I would like to bring into the most recent version; couple of questions:

1) Can I use the Transfer Tool and upgrade to v1.64 directly or do I need to transfer to a previous version (like to v1.60)? Is this even possible?
2) Will the next version be v1.65 or 2.00? (Just curious because we are switching an entire group from AD&D to 5e soon and I would like to save everyone the step of upgrading.) Which leads to my next question...
3) Is there a tentative release date for the next version?

Again, many thanks to all.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Just want to say, big love for the CG and for this community. Thanks to everyone for being so diligent and professional. I joined the ride at v1.35 and I have an old character in that version that I would like to bring into the most recent version; couple of questions:

1) Can I use the Transfer Tool and upgrade to v1.64 directly or do I need to transfer to a previous version (like to v1.60)? Is this even possible?
2) Will the next version be v1.65 or 2.00? (Just curious because we are switching an entire group from AD&D to 5e soon and I would like to save everyone the step of upgrading.) Which leads to my next question...
3) Is there a tentative release date for the next version?

Again, many thanks to all.

Hi Muleskinner,

1. You'll need to use the 1.60 transfer tool first then the 1.64 transfer tool and it'll work 99% I'd say
2. Good question, been v-busy lately and need week travelling the whole week - so v1.65 or 2.00, mmm not sure yet.
3. Data entry and design and automation takes up most of the effort to complete the next version - still a lot of work to complete as there are significant change and new features to the tool

Keep checking back for more details in the coming months!

Timtumm

Explorer
I love this character sheet. This character sheet is so good, that I am sure I am missing something. I made a 4th level cleric with the Arcana domain. The "spellcasting" tab correctly lets me pick two Wizard cantrips. But the new cantrips do not show up on "Character Sheet III" with the other Cleric cantrips. The Arcana domain spells (Detect Magic and Magic Missile) and also missing from Sheet III.

Did I miss a checkbox somewhere?

Remove ads