Paid (Copper) Subscription Value Decrease!

Leif

Adventurer
I have been noticing ever since the great hack of [whenever it was] that the value I've received for my copper subscription has steadily decreased. I complained about this before, and was assured by Morruss that the problem was being fixed. Well, that was over a year ago, and guess what? Nothing ever got any better again! I am not happy, and if things don't improve significantly around here by the time me subscription is due again, ENWorld has seen the last of my money!

It's not like there are no competing RPG Gaming Sites out there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi Leif! You sound pretty angry, which makes me sad. Hopefully I can help!

How has your subscription been decreasing? With all the features added since the hack, it may be that I accidentally removed something. If so, I can check that out for you.

I hope you enjoy being at EN World whether or not you're a subscriber. You are always welcome to use the site for free! :)

Leif

Adventurer
Not exactly angry, just highly miffed. For one thing, as a copper subscriber, my XP power is supposed to be 3, or at least it was the last time I checked, which I took to mean that every time I give someone xp, it gives him/her 3 points. I've been on the "Give Col_Pladoh XP" crusade for a few days now, and every time I click xp for one of his posts it increases his xp by one, not three, points.

The other thing was something that I specifically wrote to you aboout before, and it had to do with having Moderator Powers in threads you start. This was really cool while it lasted, but I only got to enjoy it for a few weeks and then it went kablooie!

Leif

Adventurer
No, the copper XP power was 3 points per click.

And self-moderaion was a highly touted feature when it first started. When it stopped, I was told by Morruss that it had fallen victim to the hack. But it never came back.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No, the copper XP power was 3 points per click.

And self-moderaion was a highly touted feature when it first started. When it stopped, I was told by Morruss that it had fallen victim to the hack. But it never came back.

You're misremembering!

Self-moderation was a play-by-post feature, and was one of the Kickstarter stretch goals, along with the campaign manager. It was only in the PbP forum for GMs, and didn't exist before the hack.

The 3xp thing you're correct about. Until now, I didn't even realise the current XP system wasn't doing that. I'll have a look see and figure out what's wrong. Thanks for spotting it!

Leif

Adventurer
You're misremembering!

Self-moderation was a play-by-post feature, and was one of the Kickstarter stretch goals, along with the campaign manager. It was only in the PbP forum for GMs, and didn't exist before the hack.

The 3xp thing you're correct about. Until now, I didn't even realise the current XP system wasn't doing that. I'll have a look see and figure out what's wrong. Thanks for spotting it!
Yeah, that was it! A stretch goal! Anyway, I earned it in the kickstarter and it vanished soon after, when no expiration date had been mentioned to me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, that was it! A stretch goal! Anyway, I earned it in the kickstarter and it vanished soon after, when no expiration date had been mentioned to me.

Sadly, it wasn't compatible with a necessary board upgrade. I'm very sorry about that; unfortunately, I have no power over it. I have added tons of other features to the site, though, which I hope make up for it!

Remove ads