More Lycanthropic Mayhem For DM's To Use and Abuse...

Krishnath

First Post
Only if I as the DM allow them to, and I'm usually very limiting with templates (You should see my house rules for half-outsiders :D).

Last edited:

Sammael

Adventurer
You really shouldn't have werespiders, because the lycanthropes are supposed to turn into animals, whereas spiders are vermin.

Krishnath

First Post
Sammael: Like I care, were-spiders are cool, so are were-griffons :D I'm considerably less restrctive with lycanthropic types than WotC. Besides, it's better with more variaty, that's why I allow both vermin and beast lycanthropes, as both the beasts and vermin are natural creatures, unlike aberrations, dragons and magical beasts which are clearly fantastic creatures. But if you don't like it, don't use it. I'm not interferring with your game, so why do you have to dis' mine?

Later,

Sammael

Adventurer
Krishnath said:
Sammael: Like I care, were-spiders are cool, so are were-griffons :D I'm considerably less restrctive with lycanthropic types than WotC. Besides, it's better with more variaty, that's why I allow both vermin and beast lycanthropes, as both the beasts and vermin are natural creatures, unlike aberrations, dragons and magical beasts which are clearly fantastic creatures. But if you don't like it, don't use it. I'm not interferring with your game, so why do you have to dis' mine?

Later,
I'm not "dissing" your game. After all, the second you posted it on a public forum it wasn't just about your game anymore, was it? Anyway, there are plenty of WotC rules that I have changed for my campaigns, but there are others which I think should be observed.

If you didn't care about my opinion, why did you reply to my post?

By the way, I think that the whole "beast" category should be abolished and merged with the "animal" category, so I have nothing against beast lycanthropes (if done correctly).

Krishnath

First Post
Ah, but the Ankheg is not an animal is it :D it's more like a vermin... Anyways, I am sorry if I offended you, as that was not my entention, the thing is, if you look at the old sources, D&D has had several non-animal lycanthropes, ranging from the Were-spider to the were-dragon (which by the way, later was chaged to a true dragon species, and later yet, renamed to the song dragon. Also, as far as I know no source have ever stated that lycanthropes *must* have an animal form, rather it is more like an suggestion. the 3E OA even mentions (although only briefly) were-spiders.

And as I said, If you don't like it, don't use it. But judging from the positive comments in this thread, I must say that most people like my were-spiders.

Later,

Remove ads