Big Trouble in Little China....being re-made....ARRRRRRRRR

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The just keep driving nails into my childhood coffin!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...remake-dwayne-the-rock-johnson_n_7489868.html

It seems Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is having an earth-shaking week. His disaster blockbuster “San Andreas” topped the U.S. box office over the weekend, and now news has emerged that the 43-year-old actor is in talks to star in and produce a remake of the ‘80s cult classic “Big Trouble in Little China” for 20th Century Fox.

According to The Wrap, Johnson is in negotiations to play Jack Burton, the tough-as-nails truck driver protagonist, in the remake. Burton was portrayed by Kurt Russell in the original film.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Reminds me of a Cracked article I read just this morning about "ruined my childhood" comments regarding reboots and remakes. :)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Heh, saw that article in Cracked.

Still, the flood of rebootrhea in Hollywood DOES make me want to kick some execs in the nards. There are SO MANY unlicensed stories they could ruin...errrr...film for the first time!

So many BAD movies & shows that could be remade. Better...stronger...faster...

Ryujin

Legend
Some movies are perfect reflections of their time and shouldn't be screwed with. I wouldn't want anyone remaking '80s John Hughes movies (not really a fan, but they are loved and of their era) and I wouldn't want to see a remake of "Big Trouble in Little China."

Heh, saw that article in Cracked.

Still, the flood of rebootrhea in Hollywood DOES make me want to kick some execs in the nards. There are SO MANY unlicensed stories they could ruin...errrr...film for the first time!

So many BAD movies & shows that could be remade. Better...stronger...faster...

If someone wanted to make a series of movies there are 33 "Chronicles of Gor" books, 18 "Horseclans" books, and 6 "Childe Cycle" novels that I don't think have been optioned out yet. Someone could pull out "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever." A smartarse could film the last three books first, to suck in an audience, and then retcon the whole thing while filming the first three books last to piss off the faithful.

Some movies are perfect reflections of their time and shouldn't be screwed with. I wouldn't want anyone remaking '80s John Hughes movies (not really a fan, but they are loved and of their era) and I wouldn't want to see a remake of "Big Trouble in Little China."

Luckily some of those classic high school movies of the 80s wouldn't even be made today..I'm mainly thinking of Heathers which was a deconstruction of Hughes' movies.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If someone wanted to make a series of movies there are 33 "Chronicles of Gor" books, 18 "Horseclans" books, and 6 "Childe Cycle" novels that I don't think have been optioned out yet. Someone could pull out "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever." A smartarse could film the last three books first, to suck in an audience, and then retcon the whole thing while filming the first three books last to piss off the faithful.

Well, at least one movie has been made based on Gor- and no, it wasn't good. It got skewered on MST3K.

[video=youtube;Os-gE6rgmKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os-gE6rgmKI&sns=em[/video]

Remove ads