Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Giantslayer

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caitlin Faragone, Lesser Aasimar Oracle

SierraAvatar_zps241e3c9d.jpg

Cailtin was used to contemplating time itself as a solitary pastime and nodded as Thom was critical of her notions. Most did not comprehend her commitment to the mystery.

She nodded as Lily suggested returning to the dancing. “Are you planning to actually write this love story for fiction, or are you just working on research material?” She had not actually seen any others of Lily’s kind around the town so she was rather curious what sort of lover she hoped to find.

The foreign woman was somewhat self-conscious and apprehensive as she asked, “Are you able to… um… can you actually procreate with anyone in this town? I… ah… have not seen any other… winged folk of your size here.”

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Caitlin Faragone - Sheet
AC: 19 (17 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +6 (Roll 2x, take better result)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Available: 1st (4/4)
Orisons (Resistance, Guidance, Stabilize, Create Water, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound)
1st Level (Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith) [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
View attachment 68828

"Well there are a few of my folk about. These parties tend to bring them out. We are just hard to spot if you don't know what to look for. Of course I could always magic someone down to my size if I find a likely fellow." She waggles her fingers in a vague imitation of somatic spell casting for emphasis. "I guess I might need to hit the books and learn a reduction spell if the right man doesn't come in the right size."

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Lily
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: -2 CMD: 13

Fort: 0 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Spells memorized: Cantrips (unlimited) (DC14)--Light, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash, Mage Hand
Level 1 (3x day)(DC15)--Color Spray, Mage Armor

Spell-like abilities (1/day @ character level) - comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic
Arcane Reservoir 3/4
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cailtin tilted her head to the side with some confusion. “Surely you are not planning to magick your further lover against their will are you? No, no, no, I must be mistaken. But what about compatibility of... er, the species.”

Orisons (Resistance, Guidance, Stabilize, Create Water, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound)

Fenris

Adventurer
Thom laughs. "Caitlin, don't confuse procreation with love. Lily doesn't need spells if she has love. The goo-goo eyed, bad poetry writing kind. Of course a roll in the hay would be easier for her with a smaller partner, but I know some of the local boys have made suggestions about creative solutions with existing anatomy" he sticks his tongue out at his long time friend before laughing again and dodging tiny fists.

G

Guest 11456

As the celebrations wind down for the night, you decide to call it a night and head back to the Ramblehouse. Cham Larringfass, the establishment’s eccentric proprietor, speaks to you as you come in for the night. "You will be plenty safe tonight. We have Rodrik Grath staying here tonight." You head to your rooms for some much needed rest after your night of revelry.

When you awake the following morning, you find many of Trunau’s residents in a state of dismay. A large crowd has gathered outside the Ramblehouse, and you quickly hear the news. Patrol Captain Rodrik Grath has been found dead. The inn’s owner, Cham Larringfass, discovered Rodrik’s body in his room, his wrists fatally lacerated and his bloody hopeknife in his limp hand. The town militia arrived soon after and roped off the entire building to investigate the scene, but all signs point to a suicide, a fact that saddens many of the town’s citizens.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Caitlin was puzzled on why the man would bother slashing his wrists to commit suicide when there were more noble ways to die if one wanted to end one’s life.

She was standing alongside her new companions of circumstance and wondered aloud, “That is strange, is it not? The man had not been very talkative yesterday, but I would hardly think losing a tug-a-war contest important enough cause such drastic measures.”

“I wonder if anyone has asked his brother why Rodrik would kill himself.”
She looked around to see if Kurst was about.

For her part, Caitlin suspected there was more to the story than suicide. But without some evidence, she was not one to start declaring murder.

Kaodi

Hero
"I would hope if someone has they might put it a bit more diplomatically than that..." says the big man with a pronounced sigh. "Given the traditions of this place it does seem more than passing strange though. I thought using your 'hopeknife' was only permitted to end lives so as to avoid capture and enslavement?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Caitlin wrinkled her brow in thought, “So he could have slit his wrists if he was avoiding capture or enslavement… but that would be rather unlikely in the inn, don’t you think? I think there would have been a disturbance that would have woken people up.”

She was not an investigator herself, but she was curious to see if there was a lot of blood around the dead man that would indicate the wrist slashing was done where he was found.

Scotley

Hero
Lily.jpg

Lily looks close to tears. "That just can't be. Rodrik was trying to talk you into joining the ranks. That hardly seems the act of a man unhappy with his lot in life." She buzzes about nervously, "What can we do? This doesn't seem right. Using the Hopeknife? If this is true and he did cut his wrists he would have felt that he was threatened in some way, that death was the only option. We should be on our guard." Her expression is first quizzical and then it hardens. "His passing must not go unanswered. His work as a soldier and a playwright were too important. If there is some mystery here it must be solved. I will not rest until we have answers." She takes out her own little Hopeknife. "I swear it by my own blade and blood." She makes a small cut on her palm and lets a drop of blood fall to the ground before slamming the blade back in the sheath. "Who is with me?"

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Lily
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: -2 CMD: 13

Fort: 0 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Spells memorized: Cantrips (unlimited) (DC14)--Light, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash, Mage Hand
Level 1 (3x day)(DC15)--Color Spray, Mage Armor

Spell-like abilities (1/day @ character level) - comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic
Arcane Reservoir 3/4
[/sblock]

Remove ads