The Chronicles of Narcissist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
The Republican's trump card... To keep Trump out of the Fox News debate. Have him disclose his finances.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._republican_national_committee_just_find.html

"As we have said from the beginning, part of that criteria involves filing 'all necessary paperwork with the [Federal Election Commission],'" Fox News vice president Michael Clemente said in a statement. "The FEC, as is well known, requires that presidential candidates file a financial disclosure statement as part of that paperwork." Under federal law, presidential candidates have 30 days from when they officially launch their campaigns to file. But candidates can, and often do, request and receive as many as two 45-day extensions—something most Trump watchers believed he would do as way to prolong his campaign without giving the world a closer look at his finances. While Clemente’s statement didn’t explicitly say candidates couldn’t use those extensions, the Post’s sources say that will indeed be the case. "They must fill out the form, putting the dollars and cents on the table, before they step on the debate stage," one source told the paper.

Ryujin

Legend
The effect is not as different as you may think - the US president isn't technically in charge of legislation through the whole process, but you know that you have to pass muster at the end - so usually nobody starts things without knowing that either the president will allow it, or that they have very broad support to overcome the veto.

Unless they want to waste time. There's a whole lot of that.

Contrast that with a situation like the one we have now, in Canada, in which the Prime Minister has a majority government. In theory anyone can start a bill. In both theory and practice a bill will go nowhere without the leave of the Prime Minister. It's known, from the inception of a motion, whether or not a law will be passed as a result. Anything in between is nothing but Kabuki.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If I remember correctly, he said he was worth about 9 billion dollars during his Presidential suicide announcement. There was a reporter that said trump was worth around 250 million, and Trump sued him for defamation or something like that.

I believe that's about a book, I think from back in 2009. Trump lost the lawsuit.

In any case, it seems that it depends on whom you ask. Trump's estimate of his own wealth tend to be far off from what others have estimated. Some still have him in the billions. Forbes, for example, put him somewhere around 4 billion. However, they have valued various elements of his wealth at a far lower value than trump does. Others value Trump in the millions.

To quote Wikipedia:

In 2015, Forbes estimated his net worth at $4.1 billion. In June 2015, Business Insider published a June 30, 2014, financial statement supplied by Trump. The statement reflects his net worth as $8.7 billion. Of that amount, $3.3 billion is represented by "Real Estate Licensing Deals, Brand and Branded Developments", described by Business Insider as "basically [implying] that Trump values his character at $3.3 billion".
In 2011, Forbes' financial experts estimated the value of the Trump brand at $200 million.

Note that while Trump may be worth several billion dollars, all told, most of that is in non-liquid assets. His liquid cash is probably on the order of $200 -$300 million, which isn't small by most measures, but even his immediate means do have limits :)

I believe that's about a book, I think from back in 2009. Trump lost the lawsuit.

To quote Wikipedia:

In 2015, Forbes estimated his net worth at $4.1 billion. In June 2015, Business Insider published a June 30, 2014, financial statement supplied by Trump. The statement reflects his net worth as $8.7 billion. Of that amount, $3.3 billion is represented by "Real Estate Licensing Deals, Brand and Branded Developments", described by Business Insider as "basically [implying] that Trump values his character at $3.3 billion".
In 2011, Forbes' financial experts estimated the value of the Trump brand at $200 million.

Note that while Trump may be worth several billion dollars, all told, most of that is in non-liquid assets. His liquid cash is probably on the order of $200 -$300 million, which isn't small by most measures, but even his immediate means do have limits :)

Sorry, but I'm not sure what your point is. Could you clarify?

Kramodlog

Trump for President! Trump number 1 in new poll! https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/07/09/gop-frontrunner-donald-trump/

0709-1-420x644.png

Not that surprising. He got a lot of mediatic exposure recently and it was about opinions that have support in the Republican party. Will it last? Seems unlikely if we look at the 2012 primaries. Lots of candidates exchanged first place in polls until the voting started. But the ride will be sweet.

Last edited:

Kramodlog

When he'll realize he isn't relevent anymore, he is gonna have a tentrum, say all sort of horrible things to get attention and the racist comments against Mexicans will sound less disgusting in comparison.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Trump might find it extremely difficult complying with the rules of appearing in the debate...and if he does, the rules of debate won't suit him well, either.

I am merely providing some demonstrative information for someone else's point.
It would probably have been really helpful if you had quoted their post instead of, or in addition to, my post. It would make clearer. I'm still not really understanding what your point was, but it doesn't really matter, carry on. Forget I mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases