The Chronicles of Narcissist

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
It would probably have been really helpful if you had quoted their post instead of, or in addition to, my post. It would make clearer. I'm still not really understanding what your point was, but it doesn't really matter, carry on. Forget I mentioned it.

I'm pretty sure that was to rebut a point that I made, the rebuttal being that Trump's wealth is rather, trumped up, by Trump. His actual wealth, once you cast aside exaggerations and such, may be a couple of hundred of million dollars, not a few billion.

That assertion (of Trump being a billionaire) was made by me, when I was asking how to square Trump's detestability with the number of folks who would vote for him and his apparent business acumen.

Thx!

TomB

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You may not like him- I certainly don't- but Newt isn't a flake. He actually has some good ideas. I've seen him get asked tough policy questions on fringe issues and watched him come up with answers that made RW, implementable sense.

Newt's main drawback isn't his brains or his policies, but the way he plays the game of politics. He's too willing to be a classic Machiavellian to get his way.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
To be fair, they wanted to run for president. The party didn't pick them to actually do so.

They do, or did for those retired from Congress, get picked by their parties to run in their congressional elections. So at least some branches of the GOP have problems making good choices.

Cor Azer

First Post
They do, or did for those retired from Congress, get picked by their parties to run in their congressional elections. So at least some branches of the GOP have problems making good choices.

Admittedly, I'm not an American, but I was under the impression (given my own province's political results), that the more local you get on the political ladder, the more likely single-issue voting happens. Further, the farther apart two areas are, the more likely those single-issues are different. Combined, this means that while in small areas, folks can get picked to run because they align with the local single-issue, they may not be suitable in a larger election because fewer of their ideas align with the broader party platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads