Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

Aura

Explorer
At Vincenzo's address of the children, they go into an unsettled state, chattering excitedly amongst themselves some more. It's starting to become apparent the dwarven girl is looked up to (in a non-physical sense, although you start to get the feeling she's the oldest), and she engages in enticing them all to share the copper in quick, but still audible, whispers. After a short exchange, she steps in front of the group, and they crowd in behind her, some curious, others literally hiding behind their older peers.

"If ye wanna speak to those in charge," she begins, her accent of the Venzan common tongue definitely marking her as a Tritower commoner, "ye can talk to my pa, Garm Stronghand. He's been helping wit the hunting and fishing. And the baker, Gary Parsons, leads the mums in cooking it all. And the Venzan priest girl tends to people. As for the mayor and sheriff," she looks ruefully across the camp and towards the town, "we ain't heard from 'em." Falling into silence, she holds her grubby hand out for Vinzenzo's copper.

[sblock=EN World Slow]Be careful to copy your text before you post, just in case it gets lost.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui paused as Vincenzo engaged with the children and the children began to debate. He couldn't help but smile as they discussed how to share the coin. When a grubby hand was outstretched for the awaiting coin from the swordsman. Maui decided to also fish out some coin ... or rather a silver piece. "Te coin for te one who is te guide to meet us te charging people... when te job is done."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo, as promised, pays the ten coppers then says, "Yes, I think Your father is the one we would like to speak to."

[sblock=slow EnWorld] it was because there were 4000 plus people on line here all day yesterday. This is strait from Morruss via face book[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo offered the children a reassuring smile, but did not participate in Vincenzo’s charity work. He did not know exactly where to find Anna or Larin, but figured asking around would be easy enough that they probably did not need a hired guide.

“Thanks for the information.”

He resumed walking to the camp and called over his shoulder, “I am sure we can find these people. They should be near the center of the camp and quite obvious in their activities, yeah?”

[sblock=Actions]Take 10 on Diplomacy +20 to gather Info if spotting (Take 10 on Perception +12) Venzan acolytes is not obvious. [/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
"Hmph," the dwarven girl punctuates her exhale, shooting Barlo something of a dirty look. "We take ya there... it's not hard but happy to help ye." With that, she turns on heel and heads into the camp, threading through the maze of tents with relative ease. The other children follow along, mixed in close with you, making your adventuring team an interesting sight, albeit momentairly. "Pa and mister Parsons are easier to find, the priest girl, less so. Here we go!"

With that you step into a clearing in the center of the camp. A burly dwarf with burly arms that would make even the strongest human proud is on the close side to where you entered, talking to two other people, both of them likely human. "Melee weapons with the guards on the line, bows with the hunters," he insists. "An ye better pick stronger limbs for the fishing this time, I'll strip 'em myself if I have to!" Upon seeing the ragtag troupe, a look of shock overtakes him. "Child, who are these people? What did I tell ye about strangers?" His eyes wander up and down you suspiciously for a moment, giving you an easy in opportunity to speak.

GarmStronghand200.jpg
. . . Garm Stronghand . . .

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had not seen the dirty look, nor would have cared if he had. Upon meeting the dwarven dad, the bard inclined his head and made a courtly gesture with his hand as he introduced himself, “I am Barlo Hawkins.”

“This is Maui, Vincenzo, and Ethane. Seeing as we are not introduced, we are no longer strangers, Sir Dwarf.”
He added after straightening and offering an incorrigible smile.

“We are adventurer’s that have been hired to come and investigate the troubles here at Tritower. It would help if we could hear more about what has happened.”

“Also if someone could find the pair of acolytes called Anna and Larin, it would be helpfulas we would speak with them.”

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]

Aura

Explorer
GarmStronghand200.jpg
. . . Garm Stronghand . . .

"Ah, I see,"
begins the burly dwarf, looking the lot of you over. His expression softens a bit, and he continues, "well, I'm Garm Stronghand, but given name is fine. Anyhoo, Larin and Anna would likely know the most. They were in the know with the major religious types before things really went bad. I've posted guards between the camp and the town, and we hunt and fish with all the bows we have and fishing rods we can fashion. Keepin people fed and safe best I can, but I don't know if we're even safe here. I'm a repair guy, not a city guard.

"If ye wish to find the Cortesians, they have their bedding over about thataway,"
the dwarf gestures somewhere off into the camp. "Larin is usually there, whereas Anna moves about, although at a slow pace, so she's easy to catch up to. She's a blonde, if that helps, and on the arm of her seeing eye child. She's been doing so much, but it's been getting to her and she's slowing down of late. Anything else?"

Meanwhile, Maui feels a tug on his sleeve, and a short female form holds her hand up to where he's been keeping his silver coin. The other children look on as she clears her through to get his attention...

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo nodded as the dwarf explained the difficulties. "Well, Master Stronghand, I am sure the folk appreciate someone like you looking out for their well-being... even if that means looking out for them when things are harder. Do keep up the good work, if you please."

"Thank you for your directions,
" he inclined his head in farewell, intent on finding the two Cortesians first.

He headed in the direction Garm indicated looking for someone that could be Anna. As he walked he asked bystanders that he passed close to if they had seen either Anna or Larin to point them out or tell him where they were located.

OOC: Take 10 on Diplomacy +20

jbear

First Post
Maui drops a silver coin into the grubby hand of the dwarven girl. "Thanking you daughter of Stronghand. Thanking you too Stronghand." He followed behind Barlo to look for the woman.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo also smiles at the lad, "It is true young sir. We are here to help your town be rid of the menace. W hail from Venza, the city of glass from which we traveled as fast as wee could once we learned of the troubles."
ooc: crud, I know I hit quote, bot edit!
[roll0]

[sblock=stat block]
AC: 25 (21 flat-footed, 19 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 28 (23 flat-footed, 24 touch)

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6