D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Forged Fury

First Post
Just FYI, if we sold all of the trade goods and gems, we'd each have 281GP after the split. The question is, can we just sell the keelboat and give up adventuring?

I don't know this has been explicitly stated, but I'll chime in as being of the belief that a character who takes an item of loot should not be made to pay the item's cost from her share of coin. I would instead much rather we simply assign items where they will get their highest and best use.

The way I reckon it, if a scroll comes our way, for example, we would naturally offer it to a spellcaster with a spellbook and not make the recipient pay for the item. Similarly, I hope if we ever come across plate mail, y'all will consider giving it to Dent. The more spells in Carradoc's and Thaliss's spellbook, the more we all benefit. Ditto for a character like Dent having killer armor.

Forged Fury

First Post
Yeah, I don't have a problem with assigning loot based on ability to use. Granted, there could be times when multiple people could make use of an item, but we can hash that out then.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I definitely agree on use based distribution. It's a cleaner method, makes a lot of sense with items that don't have clear cut values, and that can't be sold as easily. Also makes for easier redistribution. If Tolan ends up with the cloak and then later something more barbaric shows up, the cloak could just be passed along to another character without shuffling around little metal discs.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I don't know this has been explicitly stated, but I'll chime in as being of the belief that a character who takes an item of loot should not be made to pay the item's cost from her share of coin. I would instead much rather we simply assign items where they will get their highest and best use.

The way I reckon it, if a scroll comes our way, for example, we would naturally offer it to a spellcaster with a spellbook and not make the recipient pay for the item. Similarly, I hope if we ever come across plate mail, y'all will consider giving it to Dent. The more spells in Carradoc's and Thaliss's spellbook, the more we all benefit. Ditto for a character like Dent having killer armor.

I also agree with this. FYI, there's a suit of black stone plate mail burried at the shallow graves, not far from the keep. If it can boost Dent's AC, I say it's worth the detour. I'm not sure if there's a special armor fitting rule in 5e though...
Keep in mind that no digging will be necessary because of Thaliss' awesome new cantrip: mold earth! ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Last edited:

The black stone plate mail sounds intriguing but heavy. Do we know what the armor's qualities are?

I'm kinda uninclined, however, to demand the group go anywhere else on Dent's behalf absent a compelling rp reason why Dent would make such a demand. He demanded we come to the keep, but that's because on his character sheet I've defined his number one priority as recovering his captain (the Knight Captain of Mirabar). The armor is tempting but I don't know that Dent would insist.

Gak. Choke.

EDIT: That was my take when I was following along reading the IC before joining this game full-time. Dent suggested going to the keep first because he was hoping to find the Knight Captain alive at the keep (that reminds me, Dent needs to go finish interrogating Tom about whether he's seen the Knight Captain here at the keep...I'll wait until Creamsteak responds to my Insight die roll, though). If it turns out to be the case that the Knight Captain is not at the keep, the place Dent wants to go next is the monastery. So maybe we have a trip to the shallow graves on our docket sooner rather than later? I'm just one of six players, however.

Last edited:

Remove ads