• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Shayuri

First Post
People who take magic items should pay DOUBLE their share! DUBBLE. BLAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW

Nah, but really, I agree that properly outfitting the team is a win for everyone. And magic items are unlikely to be something we squabble over much, given our tight roles and the relative rarity of them. So yeah, this approach is fine. :)

As for how to take the keep, I think going after the man in charge straightaway is fine. And if the wall guards raise an alarm, well, it'll just make all the people we want to kill come to us faster. So...win. :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
F- it. Let's go kill Drosnin.

I'm back online and I say F-kin A!

BTY, if no one takes the cloak, Thaliss can wear it unless someone else wants it (I don't really care, but we should clarify this before we head to the next combat). Same thing for the mote of watery goodness.
Cheers,

SG

PS: I changed my selection of cantrips for the book of shadows and went with vicious mockery instead of mending (Carradoc already has mending)

Forged Fury

First Post
Just remember that we technically haven't identified or attuned either item. I don't have the DMG, so I'm not sure if they clarified that you could do it during a long rest. Either way, I still think it would require two rests in order to ID and attune, at a minimum (at least in the case of the cloak, can't remember if the mote requires attunement off-hand).

I need a mount for Dent. Have ya'll looked at Mounted Combat? It's crazy...grants advantage against an unmounted foe. Too bad it isn't feasible to take a horse in a dungeon.

Hey, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], if Ari shapeshifts into a tiger, can Dent ride you? We would make a freakin' fearsome duo.

I'm also looking at taking Magic Initiate just so Dent can grab faerie fire.

Sigh. Metagaming.

Forged Fury

First Post
I need a mount for Dent. Have ya'll looked at Mounted Combat? It's crazy...grants advantage against an unmounted foe.
I have been trying to find where this is mentioned for a good while. I thought I remember reading it, but have been unsuccessful in locating the reference. Do you remember where you found it?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
it's page 168, but you need the actual feat.

Regarding the cloak and mote, so if nobody claims them, Thaliss can carry them until there is a better use for them. FYI, I don't have strong feelings about them, it's just I want to clarify what is happening with them.
Cheers,

SG

Dent, Level 4

hp 44*
Hit Dice 4d10
Lay on Hands 20 hp
Spells: 6 prepared 1st-level spells (but still only 3 spell slots!)
Ability Score Increase: Either a feat or +2 to Con
FEAT: Mounted Combat** or Magic Initiate (Bard: friends, vicious mockery, faerie fire; OR Druid: shillelagh, thorn whip, faerie fire)

*If Dent takes +2 Con, hp 48
**Need permission from [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION] to find a horse and get an answer whether a horse can go in a dungeon; OR need [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]'s and [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION]'s blessing that Dent can ride a wildshaped Aridha!

Last edited:

Remove ads