[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Aethmud

Explorer
Jack is reliant on light from the party. As a fairy, he has Druidcraft as a cantrip which could light a torch or fire if necessary.

I've been roleplaying a shimmer from his wings that plays up his mood and energy, but he doesn't have any specific class feature that actually produces magical light.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lumrolur doesn't need a light. Except gor working on traps.

His phantom feature would heal the zombies with necro damage so he's less than optimal here. But sneak and scout in total dark...sure thing.

Necropolitan

Adventurer
I think it makes sense to have party members with relevant Knowledge/Investigation/Perception skills make some rolls here.
I'll have Zeth do them first.

Zeth is going to try to figure out a way to open the secret doors.
Investigation = 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

If that doesn't work would an Arcana, History, or Religion check help figure things out?

Quickleaf

Legend
I think it makes sense to have party members with relevant Knowledge/Investigation/Perception skills make some rolls here.
I'll have Zeth do them first.

Zeth is going to try to figure out a way to open the secret doors.
Investigation = 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

If that doesn't work would an Arcana, History, or Religion check help figure things out?
Sorry for delay! Yes, Zeth discovers there are 4 hidden buttons on the gems depicted in the triptych bas relief (fancy words for 3-wall-paneled engravings that pop from the stone).

Reminder: Bas relief triptych depicts (A) dwarf holding a chalice, giving it to supplicants who hold aloft a horn as offering; (B) supplicants holding the chalice and holy symbol of Dumathoin aloft before an opening door; and (C) supplicants placing a gem in a fountain from which a black axe rises.

4 buttons are concealed in the stonework – one on a gem on each chalice (A-1, B-1), one on the holy symbol (B), and one on the gem placed into fountain (C).

However, without looking into the wall system, magic, being a dwarf, conferring with someone who knows more about the mechanism, or trial-and-error, you can't work out what the buttons' connection is to the secret doors exactly – only that they probably open them.

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 10.59.43 AM.png

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey guys,

Sorry for being MIA. it's been a tough end of the fiscal year/beginning on the new one. I can finally breathe. I'll catch up and post as I did in the past. Sorry folks, RL sucks sometimes.
Cheers,

SG

Quickleaf

Legend
Hey guys,

Sorry for being MIA. it's been a tough end of the fiscal year/beginning on the new one. I can finally breathe. I'll catch up and post as I did in the past. Sorry folks, RL sucks sometimes.
Cheers,

SG
Yeah it does. Hope you can get some rest. No worries, I think everyone has been posting a bit slower cause of RL demands recently.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Busy but all caught up! Nothing useful to add though (nature oriented goblin surrounded by mechanical devices underground and dwarves ;-)
I can make more “still here but nothing intelligent to do” posts.
Cheers,

Sg

Remove ads