(RG) Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden

Quickleaf

Legend
hydro76-title.png

Post your characters here for Rime of the Frostmaiden.
✓ = reviewed and approved by GM
⏸ = player on hiatus for RL reasons
❄️ = petrified, perma-charmed, temporal stasis, banished, or otherwise out-of-play
💀 = dead

OOC/Recruitment Thread: https://www.enworld.org/threads/qui...tmaiden-5e-osr-pbp-ooc-closed-for-now.697664/

IC Thread:
Player Characters (with links)
@Neurotic Lumrolur Vorhoc Bafflestone CN deep gnome / haunted one / rogue (phantom) 3
@Necropolitan Zeth Venagelida N human / faction agent / [playtest] warlock (fiend) 3
@VLAD the Destroyer Logrim Romwod CG rock gnome / guild artisan / artificer (battle smith) 3
@Aethmud Jack Everfrost CN fairy / gambler / sorcerer variant (wild magic) 3
@happylace Alma Ostergaard CN half-elf / researcher / sorcerer variant (aberrant mind) 3
@domminniti Russet Ghostfur CG harengon / folk hero / fighter variant (battle master) 3
@Steve Gorak Aric Thornbloom NG goblin / outlander / druid (circle of the moon) 3

Retired PCs
@Kobold Stew Fieldwalker Corse NG human (custom lineage) / messenger / ranger (fey wanderer) 3
@tglassy Mak CN human / gambler / [playtest] warlock (fiend) 3

Attachments

• PC token_Logrim.png
    PC token_Logrim.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 55
  • PC token_Lumrolur.png
    PC token_Lumrolur.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 60
  • PC token_Zeth.png
    PC token_Zeth.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 54
  • PC token_Jack.png
    PC token_Jack.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 55
  • PC token_Alma.png
    PC token_Alma.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PC token_Mak.png
    PC token_Mak.png
    98 KB · Views: 54
  • PC token_Russet.png
    PC token_Russet.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 51
  • PC token_Corse.png
    PC token_Corse.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 53
  • PC token_Aric.png
    PC token_Aric.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.

Lumrolur Vorhoc Bafflestone
Phantom Rogue 3

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Size: Small
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Svirfneblin)
Speed: 25 feet
Init: +3
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Investigation: 12
Passive Insight: 14
Languages: : Common, Gnome, Abyssal, Undercommon

Code:
Str: 6 (-2)
Dex: 16 (+3) (+2 racial)
Con: 14 (+2) (+1 racial)
Int: 11 (-0)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Cha:  5 (-3)

HP: 22 = 10 + HP for 2nd and 3rd levels: 1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

AC: 14
Saves: Str -2, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha -3

Melee:
Rapier: +5 / 1d6+3 P
Dagger: +5 / 1d4+3 P

Ranged:
Hand crossbow: +5 / 1d6+3 (30/120)
Dagger: +5 / 1d4+5 (20/60)

Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Tools: Thieves tools (Mechanics)
Skills: Choose 6+your Intelligence modifier from
Acrobatics, Athletics, Commerce, Deception,
Dungeoneering, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation,
Mechanics, Perception, Performance, Persuasion,
Skullduggery
, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Streetwise

Saving Throw: Dexterity, Intelligence
Starting Equipment:[/B]
  • Hand crossbow
  • Daggers x2
  • Rapier
  • Dungeoneering pack
  • Leather armor

Includes a backpack, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin.
The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.

Whispers of the Dead
When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, echoes of those who have died cling to you. Whenever you finish a short or long rest, you can gain one skill or tool proficiency of your choice, as a ghostly presence shares its knowledge with you. You lose this proficiency when you use this feature to choose a different proficiency that you lack.

Wails from the Grave
At 3rd level, as you nudge someone closer to the grave, you can channel the power of death to harm someone else as well. Immediately after you deal your Sneak Attack damage to a creature on your turn, you can target a second creature that you can see within 30 feet of the first creature. Roll half the number of Sneak Attack dice for your level (round up), and the second creature takes necrotic damage equal to the roll's total, as wails of the dead sound around them for a moment.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Traits: Family and clan are everything. I put no faith in divine beings.
Ideal: I have a dark calling that puts me above the law.
Bond: I would sacrifice my life and my soul to protect the innocent.
Flaw: I assume the worst in people. I talk to spirits that no one else can see.

Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution score increases by 1.
Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
Speed: Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
Superior darkvision: You can see in dim light within 120 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Languages: Common, Gnome

Proficiencies:
Skill Proficiencies: Choose two of Arcana, Investigation, Religion, or Survival
Tool Proficiencies: None
Languages: Choose two languages, one of which being an exotic language (Abyssal, Celestial, Deep Speech, Draconic, Infernal, Primordial, Sylvan, or Undercommon)
Equipment: A monster hunter’s pack - replaced with hand crossbow

Gothic trinket: Urn with his brothers ashes
Also gain a set of set of common clothes and 1sp.

Equipment:
  • 1 Chest - Value:5gp Weight:25lbs
  • 1 Crowbar - Value:2gp Weight:5lbs
  • 1 Hammer - Value:1gp Weight:3lbs
  • 3 Wooden Stakes - Value:0 Weight:0
  • 1 Holy Symbol - Value:0 Weight:0
  • 1 Flask of Holy Water - Value:25gp Weight:1lb
  • 1 Set of Manacles - Value:2gp Weight:6lbs
  • 1 Steel Mirror - Value:5gp Weight:0.5lb
  • 1 Flask of Oil - Value:1sp Weight:1lb
  • 1 Tinderbox - Value:5sp Weight:1lb
  • 3 Torches - Value:1cp Weight:1lb (individually)

Feature: Heart of darkness
Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.

Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics (rogue), Dungeoneering (rogue), Folklore (rogue), Insight (rogue), Investigation (haunted), Mechanics (rogue), Perception (rogue, expert), Sleight of Hand (haunted, changeable), Stealth (rogue, expert), Survival (haunted)
SkillAttributeModProficiencyTotal
AcrobaticsDEX+3+2+5
Animal HandlingWIS+2+2
ArcanaINT+0+0
AthleticsSTR-2-2
DeceptionCHA-3-3
DungeoneeringWIS+2+2+4
FolkloreWIS+2+2+4
HistoryINT+0+0
InsightWIS+2+2+4
IntimidationCHA-3-3
InvestigationINT+0+2+2
MechanicsINT+0+2+2
MedicineWIS+2+2
NatureINT+0+0
PerceptionWIS+2+4+6
PerformanceCHA-3-3
PersuasionCHA-3-3
ReligionINT+0+0
Sleight of HandDEX+3+2+5
StealthDEX+3+4+7
SurvivalWIS+2+2+4

Rapier (1 slot)
Dagger x2 (2 slots)
Leather armor (1 slot)
Dungeoneering pack (1 slot)
Common clothes
Winter clothes
Dumathoin holy symbol

Trinket: A small iron key with a frayed blue-and-gold cord tied to it.
Trinket from Haunted one: An urn with the ashes of a dead relative

0 gp; 1 sp; 0 cp

--- NOT GENERALLY SHARED ---
Lumrolur Vorhoc Bafflestone was born into a modest mining family in the depths of the Underdark, a place where darkness and danger were constant companions. He came into the world as the runt of the litter, a frail and weakling svirfneblin amidst two burly brothers and a spirited sister. From an early age, it was clear that Lumrolur lacked the physical prowess that his siblings possessed. He could walk with them whole day, he could avoid most dangerous terrain and react to dangers fastest. But he couldn't walk with miners pack nor push the cart as even his sister could.

Growing up in the close-knit community of Oji-di, a small trade town nestled deep within the tunnels of the Underdark, Lumrolur struggled to find his place. While his brothers toiled away in the treacherous mines, honing their mining skills and contributing to the prosperity of their family, Lumrolur often found himself succumbing to the allure of temptation. He would shirk his responsibilities and seek out the company of friends who led him down a darker path.

One fateful day, rather than attending to his duties, Lumrolur found himself drawn to a game of chance with his newfound companions. Unbeknownst to him, tragedy loomed on the horizon. As Lumrolur indulged in the thrill of gambling, the mine trembled with an eerie foreboding. He ran back to ring a bell, but the warning came too late, and the cataclysmic explosion that followed claimed the life of one of his brothers and left Lumrolur himself scarred for life, both physically and emotionally.

--- HARD TRAVEL ---
The ascent to the surface was grueling and perilous. Lumrolur faced countless dangers along the way, from treacherous creatures that lurked in the shadows to the harsh and unforgiving conditions of the Spine of the World. Yet, driven by an unyielding determination and the hope of finding a new purpose, he pressed on.

Against all odds, Lumrolur emerged from the depths of the Underdark, his body battered and scarred, a testament to the trials he had endured. He found himself standing on the frigid and desolate north side of the Spine of the World, in the realm known as Icewind Dale. The icy winds cut through his worn leather armor, serving as a harsh reminder of the challenges that lay ahead.

--- CURRENT STATE ---
Being small, unobtrusive and above all discreet, Vorr as Lumrolur called himself among humans who had trouble properly pronouncing his name, in the last five years he made a name for himself in certain circles. Recovering lost property, investigating mysteries, tracking lost people in the wilderness, he could do it all. For public services, he was a tracker, a guide between towns. He adapted to harsh winters and short summers...until one summer decided not to show up. Now, he's looking for the cause.

In the dimly lit tavern, a figure sat hunched over a wooden table, the weight of the world etched upon his wrinkled brow. Meet the unhappy rogue, a svirfneblin whose appearance spoke volumes of a life burdened by hardship and relentless purpose.

His gray skin, weathered by the unforgiving depths of the Underdark, stood in stark contrast to the gleam of his silver eyes that burned with a steely resolve. Completely bald, not a strand of hair adorned his head save for an unkempt, white mustache that drooped down and blended seamlessly into a small, scruffy beard. Long, black scar cut a path across his right cheek, disfigur5ign

Dressed in dark leather armor that hugged his diminutive form, he wore his battle-worn attire with a sense of grim determination. The leather backpack he carried seemed to sag under the weight of his convictions, each buckle and strap a symbol of his unwavering commitment. A matching leather cape, its edges frayed from countless encounters, draped over his shoulders, shrouding him in an aura of relentless purpose.

Yet, it was the shawl that commanded attention—a simple fabric, dull and unassuming, yet meticulously arranged to conceal his face when the need for action arose. With this shawl pulled up, it masked his features, transforming him into an enigma of justice, his true intentions hidden from those who would oppose him.

As he sat there, his gaze focused and unyielding, one could see the weight he carried, the burden of a life dedicated to eradicating evil from the world. The lines etched upon his face told tales of battles fought, sacrifices made, and the relentless pursuit of justice. Unbeknownst to those around him, he yearned for a world free from the shackles of darkness, where the innocent could flourish and the malevolent would cower.

In this unhappy rogue, one could glimpse the indomitable spirit forged through adversity, the unyielding determination woven into every fiber of his being. With a heart hardened but unbroken, he navigated a world where trust came sparingly, where his path was illuminated by the unwavering flame of his mission—a mission to vanquish evil, to protect the vulnerable, and to ensure that darkness would forever bow before the light of justice.
[/spoler]
IfyBtws4GnnWHdAh5mjP--3--4azd3.jpg

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Name: Mak
Appearance: Dark hair, blue eyes, slightly overweight, wears cowboy garb.

Personality:
I’m one of Lady Luck’s favored. Anything I try is destined to succeed.
Every copper wants to be a Silver. Each bet is an opportunity.

Ideal:
Knowledge: Knowledge is power, and knowing which horse to back is the key to success.

Bond:
A patron once fronted me money in exchange for a percentage of my winnings. I owe them a debt of gratitude. And a lot of cash.

Flaw:
I don’t know when to quit, especially when everyone is telling me to.

Name: Mak
Race: Human
Background: Gambler
Class: Fiend Warlock 3

HP: 15
AC: 15 (Scale Mail)

Str: 10
Dex: 12
Con: 9
Int: 19 (9)
Wis: 8
Cha: 10

Proficiencies:
Weapons: Simple Weapons
Armor: light, medium
Skills: Insight, Deception, Persuasion, History, Alchemy, Arcana, Investigation, and Sage Lore (astronomy)
Tools: Deck of Cards
Languages: Common,Dwarvish, Orcish
Saving Throws: Wis +1, Cha, +2, Int +5, Str, +1, Dex +2, Con +0

Racial Features: Backstory Human Variant
+1 to all abilities
Backstory Feature: Perseverant. +1 to all saving throws without proficiency.

Background Features: Gambler
Skills: Insight, Deception
Tools: Cards
Languages: Orcish
Equipment: Deck of cards, lucky charm, fine clothes, 15 gp
Feature: Never tell me the odds. Get an idea of which choices are good and which are too good to be true.

Class Features:
Pact Boon: Chain. Undead Raven.

Spells:

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Pact Familiar, Minor Illusion, Mending

Spells: Hex, Armor of Agatha’s, Burning Hands, Command, , Shield, Sleep, Unseen Servant

Spell Slots:
1st: 3

Invocations: Repelling Blast, Eyes of the Rune Keeper

DARK ONE’S BLESSING
When you reduce an enemy to 0 Hit Points or an enemy drops to 0 Hit Points within 5 feet of you, you gain Temporary Hit Points equal to your spellcasting ability modifier + your Warlock level (minimum of 1).

Equipment:

Equipped (5 slots total)
Scale Mail (2 Slots)
Rod (1 Slot)
Stetson Hat of Intellect (One Slot, Attuned)

Packed (9 slots total)
Explorer’s Pack (8 Slots)
Warm Weather Gear (1 slot)
30 gold
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Familiar
PACT FAMILIAR
Tiny Aberration, Celestial, Dragon, Fey, Fiend, or Undead (Choose When Casting the Spell), Any Alignment
Currently: Tiny Undead Raven

Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 8 (3d4)
Speed 40 ft., Fly 40 ft. (Hover)

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
3 (–4) 14 (+2) 12 (+1) 10 (+0) 14 (+2) 8 (–1)

Condition Immunities Charmed, Exhaustion
Senses Darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 12 Languages Telepathy 120 ft. (only between you and the
familiar)

Proficiency Bonus +2

Eldritch Bond. You can add your Proficiency Bonus to any ability check or saving throw that the familiar makes.

ACTIONS
Eldritch Strike. Melee Spell Attack: +6, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 + half your Warlock level (round up) damage of a type determined by the familiar’s creature type: Aberration (Acid), Celestial (Radiant), Dragon (Fire), Fey (Psychic), Fiend (Poison), or Undead (Necrotic).

Invisibility. The familiar has the Invisible condition until the end of its next turn.

Last edited:

Necropolitan

Adventurer
1683948514856.png
Zeth Venagelida
Male True Neutral Variant Backstory Human (Worldly)
Class: Pact of the Tome Warlock Fiend Patron 3
Background: Faction Agent (???)
AC: 15 (Studded Leather 12 +3 Dexterity)
HP: 24
Hit Dice: 3d8+6
Speed: 30 feet
Passive Perception: 11
Proficiency +2
Initiative: +3
Languages: Common, Draconic, Infernal, Undercommon

Ability Scores:
Strength
11 (+0)
Dexterity 16 (+3)
Constitution 15 (+2)
Intelligence 18 (+4)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 17 (+3)

Saving Throws: Wisdom +3 Charisma +5

Skills: (9 total = 3 Warlock +4 Intelligence + Insight and +1 Faction Agent)
Arcana +6
Commerce +6
Deception +5
History +6
Insight +3
Investigation +6
Persuasion +5
Religion +6
Skullduggery +6

Melee Attack: Dagger +0 (1d4+0 piercing; finesse, light, thrown 20/60)
Ranged Attack: Dagger +3 (1d4+3 piercing; finesse, light, thrown 20/60)
Magic Attack: Spell +6

Spellcasting Ability Intelligence Spells Save DC 14

Spell Slots:
1st: 3

Spells Known:
- Cantrips: 6 (2 + Book of Shadows + Eldritch Blast + 2 from Pact of the Tome)
Book of Shadows
Eldritch Blast
Fire Bolt*
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation
Sacred Flame*

- 1st: 6 (3 + Hex + 2 Rituals from Pact of the Tome)
Burning Hands**
Command**
Hellish Rebuke
Hex
Identify*
Tenser's Floating Disc*

*Book of Shadows, current spells
**Fiend Patron

Equipment: 1 Dagger, Studded Leather Armor, ??? Faction Badge, ??? Faction Codebook, Common Clothing, Cold Weather Clothing, Snowshoes, Crampons, Scholar's Pack, a brooch made from a small insect encased in amber.
Starting Money: 115 (100 +15 + Faction Badge, Faction Codebook Faction Agent + Cold Weather Clothing Snowshoes, Crampons, campaign starter + brooch trinket)
Starting Equipment Cost: -40 Scholar's Pack -45 Studded Leather -2 Dagger
Current Money: 28 GP

Class Features:
Eldritch Invocations:
Agonizing Blast: Add Intelligence Modifier (+4) to Eldritch Blast damage
Devil's Sight: You can see normally in darkness—both magical and nonmagical—to a distance of 120 feet.
Free Casting. Can cast Burning Hands or Command without expending a Spell Slot, and must finish a Long Rest before using this ability again.
Dark One's Blessing: When you reduce an enemy to 0 Hit Points or an enemy drops to 0 Hit Points within 5 feet of you, you gain Temporary Hit Points equal to your spellcasting ability modifier + your Warlock level (minimum of 1).

BOOK OF SHADOWS
Conjuration Cantrip (Warlock)
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Self
Component: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
Stitching together strands of shadow, you conjure forth a book in your hand. The book contains eldritch magic that only you can access, granting you the following benefits:

Cantrips and Rituals. When the book appears, choose two cantrips, and choose two 1st-level spells that have the Ritual tag. The spells can be from the Arcane, Divine, and Primal spell lists, and they must be spells you don’t already have prepared. While the book is on your person, you have the chosen spells prepared.

Spellcasting Focus. You can use the book as a Spellcasting Focus

Personality Traits:
  • I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
  • I've enjoyed fine food, drink, and high society among my organization's elite. Rough living grates on me.
Ideals:
  • Knowledge is the path to power and domination.
  • All my exploring is part of a plan to find the secret of everlasting life.
Bonds:
  • I intend to become the leader of the network that I belong to.
  • A great treasure was taken from me. I will reclaim it and more.
Flaws:
  • I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.
  • I tend to assess my relationships in terms of profit and loss.

Last edited:

Artificer.jpg

Name: Logrim Romwod
Race: Rock Gnome
Background: Guild Artisan
Class: Artificer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Inspiration: No
Spent HD: none

Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +2
AC: 17

Strength:13 (+1)
Athlethics: +1​

Dexterity:14 (+2)
Acrobatics: +2
+Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +2​

Constitution: 15 (+2)

Charisma:12 (+1)
Deception: +1
Intimidation: +1
Performance: +1
+Persuasion: +3​
Speed: 25 ft
Hit Dice: 3 d8+3
HP: 25/25

Intelligence:16 (+3)
+Arcana: +5
+Alchemy: +5
+History: +5
+Commerce: +5
+Craft (Smith's Tools): +5
+Craft (Carpenter's Tools): +5
+Craft (Woodcarver's Tools): +5
+Mechanics: +5
Nature: +3
Investigation: +3
Religion: +3​

Wisdom:13 (+1)
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
+Medicine: +3
Perception: +1
Survival: +1​

+Proficient
*Expertise
OFFENSE
Initiative: +3

Weapon
Wrench (Mace)
Light Hammer
Light Crossbow
Range
Melee
Melee, 20/60 ft
80/320 ft
To Hit
+3
+4
+3
Damage
1d6+1 (b)
1d4+1 (b)
1d8+2 (p)
Notes

Light, thrown
Ammunition, loading, two-handed
DEFENSE AC: 17
Strength: +1
+Intelligence: +5
Dexterity: +2
Wisdom: +1
+Constitution: +4
Charisma: +1
Proficiencies and Languages
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Dwarvish, Elvish, Goblin​
Weapons: Simple, Martial​
Armor: Light, Medium, Shields​
Race:Rock Gnome​
Size: Medium;​
Artificer's Lore:Add twice my proficiency bonus to Intelligence (History) checks with magic, alchemical, and technological items.​
Tinker: Construct a Tiny clockwork device (AC 5, 1 HP) using tinker's tools, 1 hour, and 10 gp of material components, that functions for 24 hours. I can have up to 3 active.​
- Clockwork Toy: animal, monster, or person that can move 5 ft per turn in a random direction, making appropriate noises;​
- Fire Starter: 1 action to produce miniature flame to light things;​
- Music Box: plays single song at a moderate volume.​

Background: Guild Artisan​
Skills: Insight, Persuasion​
Guild Membership: 5 gp membership fees per month: The guild offers lodging if possible. In case of being accused of a crime, the guild will support me if a good case can be made for my innocence or the crime is justifiable. I can also gain access to powerful political figures through the guild, as long as I'm in good standing and the guild is paid enough.​
Class: Artificer​
Magical Tinkering:As an action, I use thieves/artisan's tools to give 1 property to a nonmagical tiny object:​
• Emit light (5-ft radius bright light, equal dim), an odor, or a nonverbal sound​
• Static visual effect on one surface, or emit a 6-second recorded message when tapped​
If I instill a property in more objects than I can have active, the oldest loses its property​
Spellcasting: I can cast prepared artificer cantrips/spells, using Intelligence as my spellcasting ability​
To cast, I must use thieves' or artisan's tools I'm proficient with as a spellcasting focus​
I can cast my prepared artificer spells as rituals if they have the ritual tag​
Whenever I gain an artificer level, I can swap one artificer cantrip I know for another​
Infuse Item: [4 infusions known; max 2 infused items]​
When I finish a long rest, I can turn nonmagical objects into magic items using my infusions​
I can attune to it immediately; If I infuse too many items, the oldest loses its magic​
The infusion lasts until my death + my Int mod in days, but ends if I unlearn the infusion​
Each infusion can only be used in one item at a time and only in appropriate items​
Whenever I gain an artificer level, I can replace an infusion I know with another​
I can use an infused item as a spellcasting focus​
The Right Tool for the Job:[using thieves' or artisan's tools]​
In 1 hour (during a rest) I can create a set of artisan's tools that last until I do so again​
Battle Ready & Tool Proficiency:
I gain proficiency with martial weapons and smith's tools​
I can use my Intelligence modifier instead of Strength or Dexterity for magic weapons​
Steel Defender:
When I end a long rest, I can use smith's tools to create a steel defender​
I determine its appearance; It obeys my commands and it acts on my initiative, after me. Unless I use a bonus action to command it, it only takes the Dodge action on its turn. It can take reactions and move on its turn even if I don't command it. I can't have multiple at once; Select "Steel Defender" on a companion page for its stats​
Artificer Spells: 3​
Save DC: 15​
Spell Attack: +7​
Cantrips:Booming Blade, Mending​
Prepared:
1st:Heroism, Shield, Catapult, Cure Wounds, Detect Magic (R), Tasha's Caustic Brew​
Steel Defender​
Medium Construct, unaligned​
Armor Class 15​
Hit Points 20 (1d6)​
Speed 40 ft.​
STR 14 (+2) DEX 12 (+1) CON 14 (+2)​
INT 4 (−3) WIS 10 (+0) CHA 6 (-2)​
Saves:​
Str: +2 Int: -3​
Dex: +3 Wis: +0​
Con: +4 Cha: -2​
Perception: +4​
Athlethics: +4​
Senses passive Perception 14​
Darkvision 60 ft​
Damage Immunities: poison.​
Condition Immunities: charmed, exhaustion, poisoned.​
Languages: understands the languages of its creator but can't speak.​
Creator: The steel defender obeys the commands of its creator and shares its proficiency bonus. It takes its turn immediately after its creator, on the same initiative count. It can move and take reactions on its own, but only takes the Dodge action on its turn unless its creator takes a bonus action to command it to take another action. If its creator is incapacitated, it can take any action, not just Dodge.​
Vigilant: The defender can't be surprised.​
Repair (3/Day): As an action, the steel defender restores 2d8 + its proficiency bonus in HP to itself or to one construct or object within 5 ft of it.​
Deflect Attack (reaction): As a reaction, the steel defender imposes disadvantage on the attack roll of one creature it can see that is within 5 ft of it, provided the attack roll is against a creature other than the defender.​
Healing: The steel defender regains 2d6 HP whenever the Mending spell is cast on it. Its HP total is equal to 2 + its creator's artificer level times five + its creator's Int mod. Within an hour of its death, while within 5 ft, its creator can take an action to use smith's tools and expend a spell slot to have it return to full HP after 1 minute. If its creator dies, the steel defender also perishes.​
Force-Empowered Rend: Melee attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., Damage: 1d8+2 piercing damage.​
Equipment Weight:​
Traveler's clothes​
Belt pouch (with coins)​
+1 Scale Mail (Infused Item)​
Mace (Large Wrench)​
Light Crossbow​
Crossbow bolts x20​
Thieve's tools​
Backpack, with: (Infused to act like a bag of holding)​
- Crowbar​
- Hammer​
- Piton x10​
- Torches x10​
- Tinderbox​
- Rations x10​
- Waterskin​
- 50' Hempen Rope​
- Tinker's tools​
- Crampons x20​
- Snowshoes​
-An Ulu knife with scrimshaw handle.​
-Light Hammer​
-Cold weather clothes​
Equipped Items (5/5): Scale Armor (medium armor = 2 slots), Thieves' Tools [spell focus] (1 slot), Mace (1 slot), Light Crossbow (1 slot)​
Carrying Capacity:
Carried: 83.8 lbsCarrying Capacity: 195 lbsPush, Drag, Lift: 196 - 390 lbs
Race: Rock Gnome
Deity:
Height: 3'4"
Weight: 35 lbs
Complexion:
Skin:

Eyes: Blue

APPEARANCE:
PERSONALITY: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick. I don't part with my money easily and will haggle tirelessly to get the best deal possible.​
IDEALS: Generosity: My talents were given to me so that I could use them to benefit the world. (Good)​
BONDS: I created a great work for someone, and then found them unworthy to receive it. I'm still looking for someone worthy.​
FLAWS: I'm quick to assume that someone is trying to cheat me.​
Background:

Last edited:

Aethmud

Explorer
Fairy Sorcerer.jpg

Name: Jack Everfrost
Race: fairy (small size, from MotM)
Background: gambler
Class: Sorcerer, Wild Magic 3 [Quickleaf variant "roll-to-cast" sorcerer]
Alignment: chaotic neutral

STR 9
DEX 10
CON 10 [9, +1 racial bonus]
INT 9
WIS 15
CHA 20 [18, +2 racial bonus]
Deception
Insight
Intimidation
Investigation
Persuasion
Sleight of Hand
Fey characteristic: A noticable, harmless chill surrounds you.
Creature type: you are a fey.
Size: small
Speed: walking speed is 30 feet
Fairy Magic: You know the Druidcraft cantrip. Starting at 3rd level, you can cast the Faerie Fire spell with this trait. Starting at 5th level, you can also cast the Enlarge/Reduce spell with this trait. Once you cast Faerie Fire or Enlarge/Reduce with this trait, you can’t cast that spell with it again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast either of those spells using any spell slots you have of the appropriate level. Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells when you cast them with this trait (choose when you select this race).
Flight: Because of your wings, you have a flying speed equal to your walking speed. You can’t use this flying speed if you’re wearing medium or heavy armor.
Languages: Your character can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for the character. The Player’s Handbook offers a list of languages to choose from. The DM is free to modify that list for a campaign.
Metamagic: Heightened Spell
Metamagic: Twinned Spell
Spellcasting (using Quickleaf's "roll-to-cast" variant rule)
Sorcerous origin: Wild Magic
Wild Magic Surge
Tides of Chaos (1x per long rest)
Font of Magic (3 sorcery points per long rest)
Metamagic: Heightened Spell
Metamagic: Twinned Spell
Cantrips: Icy Touch, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion, Shape Water
Fairy Magic: Druidcraft (cantrip), Fairy Fire (1x per long rest)
Level 1: Shield, Sleep
Level 2: Winter's Glacial Grasp, Suggestion
Fey Ancestry
Background: Gambler. Never tell me the odds. Odds and probability are your bread and butter. During downtime activities that involve games of chance or figuring odds on the best plan, you can get a solid sense of which choice is likely the best one and which opportunities seem too good to be true, at the DM’s determination.
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Eyes: Hazel
Size: Small
Height: 3'2"
Faith: Titania, the Faerie Queen
Hair: Silver
Skin: Tanned Caucasian
Weight: 42 lbs.
Personality: I’ve lost so much to gambling that I refuse to spend money on anything anymore.
Ideals: Winning is the real measure of a person. In the end, the only thing that matters is the scoreboard.
Bonds: A criminal syndicate I once gambled against isn’t happy I left with debts unpaid, and its enforcers are looking for me.
Flaws: I save my sympathy for my friends, and I have no friends.
Arcane focus (a magical deck of playing cards)
Clothes, fine
Crossbow, light + 20 bolts
2 Daggers
Playing card set, non-magical
Backpack
Bedroll
Mess Kit
Rations
Hempen rope (50 feet)
Tinderbox
Torch
Waterskin
Lucky charm

Last edited:

happylace

Explorer
Alma.png

Name: Alma Ostergaard
Race: Half-elf
Background: Custom (+Persuasion, +Perception, 2 Languages, Researcher Background Feat)
Class: Aberrant Mind Sorcerer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Ability Scores (point buy)
STR:
DEX: 14
CON: 12 (+1 racial bonus) = 13
INT: 13 (+1 racial bonus) = 14
WIS: 12
CHA: 14 (+2 racial bonus) = 16

Attachments

• icewinddale-lace sheet.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

domminniti

Explorer
Name: Russet Ghostfur
Harengon Folk Hero
Battlemaster Fighter (variant)
I used standard array.
STR 16, DEX 13, CON16, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 10,
Against the Horde - really good at killing minions!
Parry
Heroic Endurance - can sleep in medium armour, remove 1 exhaustion once a day
Menacing Attack (on hit do more damage and save or frightened)
Pushing attack (on hit do more damage and save or pushed)
Tactical Assessment (add superiority dice to investigation, history or insight)

Appearance

He is adorned in snow-white, coarse, and bristly fur, with a padded coif shielding his ears. Once agile and spry, he has now gained some weight, giving him a slightly clumsy demeanour. His eyes bear a shade of green, occasionally glinting with an icy blue hue.

A large oval shield hangs on his back, crafted from sturdy wickerwork. His spear boasts a gleaming white wooden shaft, its marbled green adamantine tip unbelievably sharp. Hanging from his belt are the tools of a hurdler, a skilled woodsman adept at constructing simple structures from sticks.

Hunching as he walks, his scale mail clinks with unoiled and rusted links, and he avoids making eye contact with others. However, when consumed by intoxication, which has become increasingly frequent lately, he stands taller and becomes more outspoken.

Russet is renowned as a member of “The Early Spring” band of outlaws in Fireshear. He was the right hand man of his childhood friend, Thornley, the charismatic leader. Their mission was to assist impoverished miners by intercepting wealthy caravans and redistributing the goods to those in need. A master tactician and fearless fighter, Russet's infectious positivity uplifted both the gang and the city's inhabitants.

During a daring escape from pursuing bounty hunters, Russet found himself stranded in the treacherous mountains during winter, without supplies or warm clothes. Despite the odds, he miraculously returned the next day, his once brown-orange fur now transformed to a snowy white hue and carrying a gleaming adamantine spear. The details of his transformation remained shrouded in mystery, fuelling rumours of miracles, eldritch pacts and invincibility. Consequently, he became a figure of both fear and suspicion among the citizens.

However, Russet's reputation now lies shattered. He betrayed his childhood friend Thornley and other gang leaders, turning them over to the wealthy families of the city in exchange for his freedom. The motives behind his betrayal remain unknown, yet many attribute it to his transformation and consider his white fur a sign of untrustworthiness.

Since then, Russet has drifted from tavern to tavern, drowning his guilt-ridden conscience. He feels an undeniable pull towards the northern cold. Burdened by self-pity and laced with sarcasm, he seeks solace. Perhaps another PC will recognize him, harboring caution due to his past treachery, but also recognizing his current misfortune. They may attempt to help him overcome his vices and utilize his formidable skills.

spent too long trying to get ai to make a rabbitfolk/harengon with a bloody helmet, so resorted to heroforge.

ghostfur.png

Attachments

• Russet Ghostfur.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Fieldwalker Corse
NG Custom Lineage Fey Wanderer 3
4ccbd6db4dcb8289e1b20a52160961f4.jpg

Attacks: Shillelagh: +7 1d8+5 magical bludgeoning (+1d4 psychic 1/turn/creature)
Produce Flame: +7, 1d8 fire, 30’

Move 30, 60 dkvsn.
AC 17 (w/shield)
HP 28 (3d10)

Abilities
Str 12 (+1, save +3)
Dex 14 (+2, save +4)
Con 15 (+2)
Int 14 (+2)
Wis 18+2=20 (+5)
Cha 12 (+1, checks +6)

Proficiencies: Light and med armor, shields, simple and martial weapons
Skills: Athletics (+3), Survival (+4), Nature (+4), Perception (+7), Endurance (+4), Airways (+7/4/4), Stealth (+4), Arcana (+4), Persuasion (+8), Investigation (+4)
Move: 30’
Size: M
Darkvision 60’
Languages: Common, Sylvan.

Spellcasting: DC 15, attack +7, slots 3xlevel 1
  • Cantrips: Shillelagh (feat), Produce Flame (feat), True Strike (Foe)*
  • Free castings: Speak with Animals (primal: 1/long), Jump (feat: 1/long),
  • Level 1 (slots): Charm Person (Fey W), Cure Wounds, Entangle, Absorb Elements
* modded: bonus to get adv on attacks next turn

Ranger Abilities:
  • Fighting Style: Duelling
  • Favored Enemy: [mod] Mage Breaker: Arcana Proficiency, True Strike (modded)
  • Natural Explorer: [mod] Wastleland Wanderer (Cold): Cold resistance, adv on saves vs. extreme cold.
  • Primal Awareness: new spells at 3/5/9
  • Otherworldly Glamour: +WIS to all CHA checks, prof in Persuasion
  • Feywild Gifts: smells of a campfire
  • Dreadful Strikes: +1d4 psychic to weapon attacks (creatures can take damage 1/turn)
Feat:
Custom: Magic Initiate (druid): Shillelagh, Produce Flame, Jump

Background (custom): Messenger
Skills: Endurance, Survival
Feature: Rustic Hospitality
[[Starting gold: 120gp]]
Equipped:
(3) Chain Shirt and Shield (60 gp, 26 lbs)
(1) Wooden Staff (druid focus; 5gp, 4 lbs)
(1) Cold Weather Clothes, Crampons, and Snowshoes

In pack:
(1) Fishing tackle (1gp, 4lbs)
(2) Traveller's Clothes (x2) (4gp, 8lbs)
(6) Explorer's Pack (no torches; 10gp)
(1) Healer's Kit (5gp, 3lbs)
(1) Shawm (2gp, 1lb)
(1) "Trinket": An old, wooden-handled ice pick stained with blood that won't wash off

In Beltpouch (5sp):
Sprig of Mistletoe (druid focus; 1gp)
Signet Ring (5gp)
28gold, 5silver
Coming through the snow, over the glacier, the first thing you see is the light in her hand. It is the beacon that lets you know that Corse has arrived. Perhaps she brings news for you, a token from a loved one, or a book you had asked for the last time she was through. She might be guiding an ambitious wizard or a pair of monks, confident that she can double her fee in a few days’ time to lead them back again.

Whatever the case, most of you will make her welcome. She brings the news, and if she doesn't she tells a story, or picks up a musical instrument you have lying about; somehow she can always seem to pick out a tune that reminds you of younger times.

She notices things, too -- tiny details in the stories she tells betray that she might have once aspired to be a poet. She'll be drinking at a table, and, then, you look at her, and she's staring back at you, neck craned around, eyes wide, taking you in. It can be attractive, sure; it might leave you feeling she wants to swallow you whole.

Fieldwalker Corse is not from here—you don’t know her people, and she doesn’t talk about them. But she has made herself familiar, and she has become a welcome sight at many of the waystations across these mountains. Her laugh is infectious, and she radiates a trustworthiness, regardless of whose company she keeps. She wears armor that was given to her by a former lover, she might admit, and carries no weapons other than her walking stick

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
lone good male  1.png

Name: Aric Thornbloom
Class: Moon druid
Race: Goblin
Background: Outlander

Size: Small (3'6", 35 lbs)
Alignment: Neutral Good

STR: 7 (-2)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 19 (+4) with necklace, base: 11 (+0)
INT: 6 (-2) Save:+0
WIS: 14 (+2) Save:+4
CHA: 6 (-2)

HP: 30 with necklace, 18 without
AC: 17 (+3 dex, +2 shield, + 2 leather armor)

Speed: 30
Init: +3
Passive Perception: 14

Skills:
Acrobatics +3
*Animal Handling +4
Arcana -2
Athletics -2
*Craft (leatherworking) +4 (uses wisdom)
Deception -2
History -2
Insight +2
Intimidation -2
Investigation -2
Medicine +2
*Nature +0
*Perception +4
Performance -2
Persuasion -2
Religion -2
Sleight of Hand +3
*Stealth +5
*Survival +4

Racial Abilities
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the charmed condition on yourself.
Fury of the Small. When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature’s size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your proficiency bonus.
You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus (2), regaining all expended uses when you finish a long rest, and you can use it no more than once per turn.
Nimble Escape. You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Goblin

Background feature Wanderer
Excellent memory for maps and geography, can find food and water for yourself +5

Proficiencies:
Armor: Light, Medium, shields (only nonmetal armor)
Weapons: Clubs, daggers, darts, jevelins, maces, staves, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
Languages: Common, Goblin, druidic, Reghedic (from background)

Skills from class: Perception, animal handling, Nature (herbalism)
Skills from outlander background: Survival, stealth, Craft (leatherworking)

Saves: Intelligence and Wisdom

Class Features
Wildshape (CR 1, no fly), 2x any rest
Combat wild shape: wild shape as bonus action, when wild shaped, use bonus action to heal 1d8 per spell level of slot used

Spellcasting:
Spell Attack Modifier: +4
Spell Save DC: 12
Cantrips Known: Thorn whip, create bondfire
Spells Known (5):
Level 1: Entangle, Speak with animals (R)
Level 2: Pass without trace, Spike growth, Summon beast
Spell Slots: 4/2/-/-/-/-/-/-

Feats:
none

Weapon Attack Damage Type Range
Sling +4 1d4+3 B 30/120
Dagger +4 1d4+3 if thrown, -2 if melee P 20/60

Equipment:
• a wooden shield
• dagger
• Studded Leather armor
• Yew wand (druidic focus)
• explorer’s pack
  • backpack,
  • bedroll,
  • a mess kit,
  • a tinderbox,
  • 10 torches,
  • 10 days of rations
  • a waterskin.
  • 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
cold weather clothing, snowshoes, and crampons

A trophy from an animal you killed (wolf pelt), a set of traveler’s clothes, and a belt pouch containing Money

Magic item: amulet of health (Con is 19)

1.65 Gold

Additional equipment purchased: sling 1 sp
Sling bullets (40) 8 cp 3 lb.

Accounting: - scimitar (+25 gp), - leather armor (+10 gp) – starting gold (+10 gp) + studded leather (-45gp) – hunting trap (+3.75 gp), + sling & bullets (-0.18 gp) - staff (+ 2sp)

Weight Carried: Didn't calculate but below 105lbs

Carrying Capacity: 105 lbs

Push/Drag/Lift: 210 lbs (Speed is 5ft)

Secret Midwinter Child
Auril the Frostmaiden has blessed me, for I was born on the Midwinter holiday. I have resistance to cold damage. However, certain towns offering sacrifices to the Frostmaiden favor sacrificing Midwinter children.

Backstory
Aric Thornbloom was born into yhe Vunarg Clan, a small goblin clan living on the outskirts of a cold mountain. It had been punted around by bugbears, orcs, and other goblin tribes for years, eventually planning a mass migration to the plains. However, tragedy struck when he was just a youngling. A rival tribe attacked their encampment, seeking to claim their territory and resources. Aric's clan was overwhelmed and wiped out, leaving him as the sole survivor.

Alone in the wilderness, Aric found solace and companionship among the animals and plants that inhabited the forest. He seemed unnaturally tolerant of the cold, which allowed him to survive in the bitter persistent winter. He developed a deep connection with nature, learning to survive and thrive alongside his newfound allies. As he grew, Aric realized that he possessed an innate affinity for primal magic, feeling the ebb and flow of natural energies coursing through his veins.

Aric's newfound abilities did not go unnoticed. His acts of protecting the local flora and fauna caught the attention of a wise and reclusive druid, a talented wildshaper named Maeth "the Maverick", who dwelled deep within the heart of the forest. Recognizing Aric's potential, the druid took him under his wing and began training him in the ancient ways of the druids.

Ten days ago, Aric’s friend, Morin Littlebucket a halfling trapper from Easthaven was murdered. This halfling was a nice companion and would tell Aric many stories. Aric promised himself he would bring justice to his friend.

Shape change forms' stats

Brown Bear Form:
S+4 D+0 C+3 I+0 W+3 X+2
HP 34/ 38 with necklace, AC 11, 40’, climb 30’, L
Perc +5 (adv. Smell)
Multiattack:
-- Bite +5, 1d8+4 piercing.
-- Claws +5, 2d6+4 slashing.

Dire Wolf Form: S+3 D+2 C+2 I+0 W+3 X+2
HP 37/47 with necklace, AC 14, 50’, L
Perc +5 (adv. Hear/Smell), Stealth +4
Pack Tactics: Advantage if ally w/in 5’
Attack: Bite +5, 2d6+3, Strength vs. DC 13 or Prone.

Giant spider Form: S+2 D+3 C+1 I-4 W+0 X-3
HP 26/ 38 with necklace, AC 14, 30’, climb 30', L
Blindsight 10',darkvision 60'
Actions:
Bite, +5 hit, 1d8+3P damage, plus 2d8 poison (DC11, con)
Web (recharge 5-6), +5 hit, reach30/60, hit = creature is restrained by webbing
As an action, DC12 STR check or attack webbing (AC10, 5hp, vulnerability to fire, immunity to B poison and Psychic)

Aric's Summoned Beast (2nd level)
Small beast
AC 13 (11 + spell level)
HP 20 (Air only), 30 (Land and Water only) (+5 per spell level above 2nd)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft. (Land only), fly 60 ft. (Air only), swim 30 ft. (Water only)
Str 18 (+4) Dex 11 (+0) Con 16 (+3) Int 4 (-3) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 5 (-3)
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 12
Flyby (Air Only). The beast doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy’s reach.
Pack Tactics (Land and Water Only). The beast has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the beast’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.
Water Breathing (Water Only). The beast can breathe only underwater.
Actions: Maul. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit (spell attack modifier), reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 6 piercing damage (1d8 + 4 + spell's level).

Last edited:

Remove ads