D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha's eyes flash angrily and she snarls, "Fools."

Mist gathers, and the boat and the four sailors are suddenly limed in eerie cold fire that licks and waves without burning. It dances with a strange malevolent glee, concentrating and highlighting every misstep, every momentary opening.

This done, the druid casts her staff down and draws her curved sword and makes it ready.

(OOC - Casting Faerie Fire on the bad guys! Each gets Dexterity save DC 13 or all attacks on them have advantage!)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives
Damien 24
Aridha 21
Tolan 13
Shoalar 13
Bandits 11
Pike 11

Thaliss 8

Damien: You create your protective... or rather deflective spell and then are attacked by the bandit. The bandit, however, is completely inept. (natural 1 rolled)

Aridha: You cast faerie fire. One bandit and Pike manage to resist.

Tolan: Your critical hit lands for an additional 8 damage, 16 damage total.

Shoalar: Shoalar conjures up a wave of water that crashes into the boat and the deck targeting the area from B5 to G6 with a great deal of force. Aridha makes her save and takes 10 bludgeoning damage while Thaliss is less lucky and takes 20 bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone.

Bandits: One of the bandits moves to attack the prone Thaliss with a scimitar. The strike is true and deals 4 more points of damage. The second bandit doesn't have much choice but to move into flanking Around Tolan, but he fails his attack nevertheless.

Pike: Attacks Damien twice with his blades. Both attacks miss.

The party's turn now.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Realizing their chances for success were thin if Thaliss was taken out of the fight so early, Damien darted back towards his companion of necessity, inviting at attack from Pike.

This change in targets had better be temporary, Archandros muttered in his head.

Drawing his second dagger as he moved, the warlock stabbed at the offending deckhand.

OOC: Not sure which of the bandits resisted the faerie fire, so I'm rolling with Advantage. If this is the guy who resisted, discard the second rolls.
Move: Move to F8, inviting an OA from Pike
Interaction: Draw second dagger
Action: Attack [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
Bonus Action: Off-Hand Attack [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Faerie Fire is the little pink hand mark on Shoalar and the other bandit. The art is from World of Warcraft. I now realize I could have turned Thaliss marker on his side to show he is prone as well.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Wailing telepathically from the pain, the viciousness of the attacks and from anger, Thaliss stands up, looks at the thug in front of him directly in the eyes and telepathically curses him may your soul shrivel in the void for this . Moments later, his hand crackles with electricity as he attempts to touch the bandit.

OOC: casting of hex using a warlock slot (target now has disadvantage on dex checks), Thaliss cast shocking grasp
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
If the attack hits, target cannot take reactions, and Thaliss will move back to E4, badly hurt but still standing

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan's focus deepens and Shoalar begins to glow in front of him as if his sword were being magically guided to his target. He is dimly aware of the crashing waves, but pays them no heed. A portion of his mind splits off to consider the foe moving behind him. A threat, but not his target. For now.

OOC: Rage continues (1/3 used - round 2/10 raging)
Resistance to bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

Stay put and Attack Shoalar (w/advantage)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives
Damien 24

Aridha 21
Tolan 13
Shoalar 13
Bandits 11
Pike 11
Thaliss 8

Thaliss attack hits and deals 7 points of damage.

Pike takes his attack of opportunity on Damien. He misses, however.

Damien follows up with his dual dagger attack, dropping the bandit.

Waiting on Aridha.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 256

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha reaches out, twisting a bit to touch Thaliss behind her. As she does she says something in the language of the spirits, the 'druidic' language as it's known to others of the flesh. She is not by nature a creature of gentle mercies, but the power to heal injuries is sometimes invaluable when tasked with bringing someone back alive. Or saving a beleagured comrade.

Her healing is not kind. Thaliss' muscles writhe and knit together, the vessels and ligaments feeling momentarily like worms under his skin until the magic that animates them fades.

She glances back, just long enough to verify that he's steadier, then nods...and changes.

It happens too fast to see details. A step forward and she seems to fall over. By the time she would have hit the floor of the boat, she's no longer humanoid. A blur of white and black, a flash of hair, the clack of claws...and where she was is crouching a large white tiger with pale blue-white eyes, snarling at the two remaining ruffians.

Her tail switches...once...twice...any moment now and she'll pounce.

(Action, cast Cure Wounds at level 2 on Thaliss for [roll0] HP healed. Bonus action, wildshape to a tiger. I want to pounce next turn, so I waive my move.)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives
Damien 24 (27/27)
Aridha 21 (16/26) Human, (19/37) Tiger [Prone]
Tolan 13
Shoalar 13 (-28)
Bandits 11
Pike 11 (-20)

Thaliss 8 (4/26)

Aridha's healing spell is cast and her tiger form is taken.

OOC: Questions, as I am not familiar yet with druid. Tiger has a challenge rating of 1 and the table on page 66 of the player's handbook seems to imply you would be limited to CR 1/4 creatures at 3rd level. Correct me if I am wrong.

Tolan scores another brutal attack on Shoalar who seems almost winded (or watered in his case?) by the strike.

Shoalar grimaces and once again laughs. "I thought that would be enough to send you tags overboard. Jokes on me." Shoalar is casting another Tidal Wave on the party further away. This time Aridha is the one caught off guard and fails her save being knocked prone while taking 18 damage. Thaliss is nimble enough to avoid taking the full force of this storm and loses 9 hit points.

The remaining bandit rotates in front of Tolan to make his path a little longer to Shoalar and attempts to shove him failing miserably to even be noticed by the larger man.

Pike rotates around Damien as well and tries to position himself to protect his captain. He once-again attacks twice... finally landing two strikes with those daggers. His strikes deal 6 and 4 damage, but he is met with the awful consequences of your cold armor striking him back for 20 cold damage. "What the hell was that, tag? Can't fight like a halfling?"

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Remove ads