(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 1 - WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
To The Scarlet Brotherhood

The Pomarj has long been frendly to the Brotherhood. Your emesaries are welcome in my court.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I am ruling that Kas and Vecna broke off the confrontation.
Neither of them was killed.

Hundreds of thousands of Kas's people, and hundreds of thousands of Vecna's people, now lay dead on the fields of what used to be Nyrond.

(This happens because someone e-mailed me that it did.)

The spelljamming dwarves arrive over the Battle of the Flinty Hills with their mountain spelljammers.
However, one of those mountain spelljammers is empty.
And being used in a suicide attack.

It goes crashing down onto the battlefield, and produces an explosion of titantic proportions.
The light is seen across the entire eastern Flanaess, and it is heard in Rauxes, a thousand miles away.

Unfortunately, although the dwarven intention was good, their aim was not, and mountains do not make precision guided missiles.

Several hundred thousand beings perish instantly.

The God Emperor was saved by his Seers, who teleported him out just in time.
The rest of his generals are killed.
A third of the entire army of the Dark Union is instantly killed.
Half the Lost Elves are killed.

However, the Mountain was aimed at the battlefield, and the battlefield WAS the Flinty Hills.
Women and children scream their final screams as the underground cities of the Flinty Hills all collapse at once.
The civilization of the Flinty Hills is obliterated.
The Host of the Flinty Hills dies with their people.

The Host of Garrel Enkdal is wiped out.
The Nyrondese lose half their force.
The Gnomish Spelljamming Fleet loses a quarter of it's ships.
The Sky-Sea League loses a quarter of their force.
The Seldanoran Host loses a third of it's force.
The Swanmays lose half of their people.
Half of the Giants die.
A third of all of the rest of the forces involved are killed.

There is now a giant crater, a mile wide, where the center of the battlefield used to be.

In Nyrond to the west, the battle rages, lit up by the red glare that now fills the sky to the northeast.
The forces of Kas have wisely retreated into Nyrond's cities, and they are holding out against the Legions of Vecna, making them pay for every inch of ground gained.
It is a terrible battle, without quarter or mercy, or even sanity, as the two armies of fanatics and undead battle it out.

Mr. Draco

First Post
umm, you may not understand, when i say siphoned off, i mean as in every ounce of magical or otherwise energy they had was completely stripped from them, leaving nothing left. like a self-sacrifice of thousands of troops, except these are undead & because of that need a little help in the self-sacrifice department :)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The Lortmils will assist in fighting off any forces that are coming our way. I read through all the posts, but am confused on exactly what is happening (war is hell, eh?). I think that someone is coming through Ulek, and thus the Lortmils will try to help fend them off. Also, if any of our planar friends other than the Earth Elementals (I summoned them in Turn 0 somewhere) showed up, they'll go and help out in Ulek, as well.

Any spare troops we have (and the Earth Elementals, if they showed up), we will load up with as many firearms and demolitions as possible (we won't do that for the Elementals, they have fists), and Teleport w/o Error them to where Vecna's and Kas' forces are beating each other up. They've been ordered to fire (beat) upon Kas' forces, as well as anyone from the Dark Union.

Rhialto

First Post
Turrosh Mak said:
To The Scarlet Brotherhood

The Pomarj has long been frendly to the Brotherhood. Your emesaries are welcome in my court.

Our offer is simple. We will help you defend your lands--but not attack other nations. We ask for little in return--a slight fee, the right to operate unhindered in your territories, and the occasional bit of magic and/or technology.

Postscript--No emissaries are sent to the Dark Union.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
With the added help from Erypt and from Varnaith, the invaders are once again able to push into the forests of Zindia.
And this time, they are inflicting heavy losses on the defenders.

However, like the Grandwood, this is going to be a long war.
Zindia is no pushover, and it has a hundred thousand square miles of rainforest in which the defenders can hide and gather.
And beneath them, down to 20 miles below the earth, the star dwarves and star gnomes are ready with devastating might.

To John Brown - Ok. Attack called off.

To everyone involved in the Battle of the Flinty Hills:

The Sky-Sea League is leaving the battle. This tilts the advantage towards the Dark Union.

The forces of the Dark Union are not giving up.
They are appalled at the huge explosion and decimation of their forces, but the battle lust is on them, and they know their enemies suffered as well, and they have hoards of peasant reinforcements coming in.
They intend to sweep that whole area clean, and they come yelling to the onslaught.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads