Dragon Mugs

Janx

Hero
Oh, I'm sure they are labor intensive. And a crafter deserves to be paid for their work, no question. I just couldn't justify that price for a drinking vessel, myself.

My wife has the same problem when folks say she should sell her knitted stuff. The yarn alone could be $30-70 for a pair of socks. After 15-20 hours of labor, even at minimum wage would cross the no-way would I pay that much for a fancy utility object.

For her, she just makes stuff as gifts. Since it is homemade, the recipient usually has a sense of its value (she doesn't make stuff again for people who don't respect the item).

http://www.enworld.org/forum/member.php?22424-delerichoIn response to Delericho's question "That is lovely work. But isn't it uncomfortable to use, what with the spines on the handle?"

Not uncomfortable at all. The force of holding the mug is all on the inside of the handle. On some of my mugs, the spikes give a handy pinkie hook for really great leverage.

Besides, like laying on a bed of nails (not that I have lol), the weight/force is distributed over all contact points.

Last edited:

A more important question: are they microwave safe?

They are microwave and dishwasher safe. I don't put my personal pieces in the dishwasher because I don't trust the high force blast not throwing a lighter piece of dish-wear into it. But I do microwave em all the time. My friends and family do wash them in dishwashers however.

Remove ads