Doctor Who companions [spoilers for 2015 series]

sabrinathecat

Explorer
There was an idea for a series about two young time lords going rogue and exploring the universe of time and space together. One would grow up to be the Doctor, and the other The Master, but which was which would be uncertain, and it would look like one, then shift to the other. (Kinda like how Sam and Dean take turns dieing at the end of each season of Supernatural.) Supposedly the BBC approved it. Not sure if it ever took off.

As for the companions: I don't care. Something different. Doesn't really matter, since Moffat is destroying the show with crap writing, crap ideas, and crap writers. Season/Series 8 made me sad inside in a way I cannot begin to describe. It was more painful than Michael Bay or M. Night Shamalamadingdong. It was more of an excrement sandwich than any Kurtzman and Orci script.
Until Moffat is gone, I fear that I cannot watch the show any more.
Honestly, I think I would prefer another 25 year "rest" than to have the show continue under his reign.

delericho

Legend
Given the events of last night, it should be

[sblock]Davros. After all, if he's looking for a way to change time, what better way to do that than to take this impressionable child off on an adventure? With luck, he can change the boy's path and avert the Time War. And if he dies, that does the job, too.[/sblock]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Awesome or awful? I can't decide!

[video=youtube;n8dyaN4yW_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8dyaN4yW_0[/video]

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Given the events of last night, it should be

[sblock]Davros. After all, if he's looking for a way to change time, what better way to do that than to take this impressionable child off on an adventure? With luck, he can change the boy's path and avert the Time War. And if he dies, that does the job, too.[/sblock]
[sblock] see "I, Davros" by Big Finish Productions. Well, not "see", obviously. Sure, you could look at the cover art and what-not. "Listen To" might be more helpful.[/sblock]

Bagpuss

Legend
I could definitely see a Victorian-era companion. Someone well dressed, formal, well-spoken. A little closer to Capaldi's age.

Too similar to Capaldi's own Doctor for my tastes, I'd like someone that is more juxtaposed to him, plus you need at least one character for the younger audience to relate to.

nerfherder

Explorer
So, what sort of companion would you like to see next?
I really don't know, and I have realised that I am hopeless at pre-judging Dr Whos, Companions, or James Bonds. I didn't think Tait or Craig would be any good, but they turned out to be fantastic. To be honest, I couldn't believe that anyone would be as good as Pertwee, but I was only 7 at the time.

Remove ads