D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Greyhawk, City of Thieves

Schmoe

Adventurer
Helmut looks over the contract. "That seems fair enough to me, Curly. If I don't make it, my possessions and my treasure should be sent to my Ma and Pa, Silke and Olaf Krauthammer. They live in a small town near the coast out Dyvers way." Helmut signs his name.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"I suppose a contract makes sense," Samara says with some interest, "given that few of us knows one another. But how do we make it official... perhaps the proprietor of this establishment can bear witness?"

Samara stands on her toes and looks around the bar, presumably as if she knows who she's looking for. The cramped quarters have started to grate on her nerves and she fidgets in response to her consternation.

"I just hope that the contract is enforceable should one of the undersigned change their 'honorable' intentions." Samara looks directly at Arion as she stresses the word 'honorable'.

"I do not with to duly inconvenience the group, but should my time come, I would like half my share to go to the church of Fharlanghn and the other to my mother. Both can be found in Tringlee."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Davis follows suit, signing his name to the document.

"My sister, Doreen. Port Rayt on the Nyr Dyv."

OOC: Davis Grey - Passive Perception 9 - Initiative +2

Creamsteak

Explorer
Mialee signs the contract and then produces a stringed Viol from somewhere. She tests the waters with a performance of sorts seeing if things are in tune.

[roll0]

OOC: Mialee - Init +3, perception 11

Skarsgard

Explorer
Arion runs a casual eye over the document, noting the layout and spacing in case it needed alteration at some later date.

"Everything appears in order, in case of my demise I would have funds left with my brother Zenith Winter, antiquties merchant."

Spartain104

First Post
Kail steps forward and nods to curly. Grabbing the pen he makes a simple mark for his name, and beside his share of the gold he writes the word, Nothing. Before Curly can say anything Kail raises a hand and gestures to himself, neatly wrapped into eh customary Ki of his temple and only a small bag over his shoulder. He had every bit of the look of a wanderer and traveler, and yet the beaded necklace wrapped around his wrist displayed his origin. Kail had no need for money, and yet, he scribbled down some more beside it,

Nothing. Gold not needed. Will investigate treasure. No next of kin, share goes to party.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Samara notes a man with a scar on his cheek and a missing finger entertaining a number of customers with stories of his "adventuring days." She has heard tell of the "man with the missing finger" as the proprietor of the Green Dragon Inn and believes this is likely to be he. As Samara looks around, Curly Craye watches with keen interest as Kail writes that he desires nothing for his share. The ever-present grin on his face widened when Kail scrawled a few more notes.

"Well, I suppose that's all a bit more to go around then, eh? Who's a good mate, there? Come along traveler, let me at least buy ye a drink, if we're gonna be comrades in arms and all. Gully, a round please," he says to the bartender snapping his fingers and laying down a couple of silver nobles. Gulthren responds merrily with enough mugs for the whole lot.

"I suppose all we need now is a company name and guarantor, and we can be on our way..." Curly Craye trails off as he looks about the taproom.

[sblock=History DC 10: Adventuring Contracts in the Domain of Greyhawk]The proprietor's name is Ricard Damaris, and he is of good repute. His witness signature would carry significant weight in any court in the Free City of Greyhawk, so far as the court has a fair judge (not necessarily a guarantee). However, it is likely as good as you will find without dealing the notorious bureaucracy of any city official. As is customary, Ricard is likely to ask some small patronage in return as a fee, perhaps a small percentage of the group's first adventure, in which case he gets nothing if you return empty-handed. And it is likely to be considerably less than a bureaucrat would expect as a bribe.[/sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
Helmut watches as Kail signs away his share of the contract. He stands and puts a calloused hand on the monk’s shoulder. ”I don’t know what you will get from this. I suppose we all have our own reasons, but know that you will always be welcome on my journeys.” He puts his fist on his heart.

Turning back to the group, Helmut continues, ”A name, eh. I suppose that we should have one. I’m not much for names, myself, but since we’ve all met here in the Green Dragon, how about the Green Dragon Company?”

OOC: [MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION] any update on the History checks for Davis and Samara to know something about Steaming Springs or Grob?

OOC: Helmut Krauthammer - Passive Perception = 11 - Initiative Modifier = +1

Herobizkit

Adventurer
OOC: [roll0]

Samara sighs, "I expect every adventuring party that forms here would call themselves 'Green Dragon' something-or-other. Insipid, really..."

"But look there," she continues, "I believe that gentleman is the proprietor... yes, he does appear to be missing a finger!"

Grabbing the contract, Samara makes to cross the bar, exclaiming, "Mister Damaris! A word, good sir!"

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
"I have no particular desire with regards to a name for our association. My only thought being that we are almost certainly not the first group to form in this fine establishment and suggest that name. A little variety could still say the same thing, but in a different way. The Order of the Verdant Wyrm."

OOC: Davis Grey - Passive Perception 9 - Initiative +2

Remove ads