D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:

Okay...so turn order is:

Erevan (and Sarith since he readied a heavy crossbow shot)

Drow

Then the rest of the party and NPCs...let me know if you have some specific action you'd like the NCPs to take.
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] Erevan is up.

You (Erevan) brace yourself as the three demons fly past and under the bridge, one hits it nearly knocking you over and into the webs below. That's when you notice the spiders...at least three the size of very large dogs are moving in the webs under the bridge. Four drow, three soldiers and one officer are on the ledge just past Ilvara's tower. It looks like they were making for the guard tower (maybe to secure it...maybe to get to the Quaggoth den....maybe just to escape and protect their own hides. You can't tell. But they see you, shout an alarm but over the demonic buzzing it seems unlikely anyone could hear it and they start towards you, crossbows raised.

Just then you hear a loud mechanical *CLANK SHoooo* as one of the huge spearlike crossbow bolts rips from the door behind you and just past your head toward the drow officer....

[roll0]
[roll1]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Erevan Aenovindë holds on to dear life, the bridge shaking and swinging over what the elf now recognizes as large, hungry spiders in the webs below.

"Not the webs, then," he mumbles to himself, and is about to say to his ally when Erevan hears the drow alarm. They've been spotted! So much for stealth... He inhales sharply, then runs as fast as he dares on the treacherous bridge, towards the tower and, hopefully, something to defend himself with.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:

Two things:

1) I forgot that we decided (at least I think we did) that NPC groups would "take 10" on int rolls to keep large groups of monsters from having swingy initiatives. So the turn order is

o Erevan and Ezraen
o drow
o ally npcs and Surana

So [MENTION=6801331]DMAesh[/MENTION] you are up as well

2) [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] which tower? Forward to Irvana's Tower (closer to the drow) or back to the guard tower and your friends?

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: On the map, the drow are on the ledge, outside of Ilvara's tower? My actions are predicated on that assumption.

Gods, where are you going? Ezraen lunges forward to the door of the priestess' tower. Please be open!

OOC: EDIT: Found the map. I thought that the ledge ran parallel to the bridge, not straight at them. Are there more demon beasts flying around?

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
Yes. They are on the ledge. The officer is in the lead and in plain sight. The last is just around the corner and under partial cover.

You can reach the door and get inside if it is not locked/barred. It is usually not but if someone is in there they definitely had time to lock it.
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]: You can respond and quickly try to talk him into going back to the guard tower or you can go with him (or ignore him and stick to your original action...I don't mind some ooc "table talk" to coordinate actions since pbp is hard enough)

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: Would drawing the attention of the demon-things above be a Charisma check? It is entirely possible that this is where Ezraen dies, but I see him as sort of a swashbuckling-style paladin! :) Plus, if I succeed at this, imagine the stories! I can just hear him, It was like Lathander had personally blessed me that day...

DMAesh

Explorer
Ezraen takes a deep breath, and glances back at his fellow prisoners mouthing, "Cover me..."

The roguish half-drow shouts up at the ceiling, trying to draw the attention of one of the bird beasts. [roll0]

Once he notices one coming at him, Ezraen books it straight at the drow, sliding along the ground between them (while taking the dodge action forcing disadvantage on attacks directed at him)!

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
I have not seen the result of DMAesh's roll yet. I'm on tapatalk app and it doesnt display roll results. So im putting this out without being biased by the roll...dont forget everyone has inspiration at this point. There is also help another actions etc.

Now...off to look at the web view to see the roll result...

Oh....that seems bad.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Erevan starts his sprint back to the relative safety of the guardtower and is about to tell Ezraen so, when he sees the half-drow get the attention of a flying demon. Realizing his ally could use some help, Erevan nimbly reverses his momentum to run towards Ezraen and help direct the abyssal creature's towards the drow guards.

OOC: I want to use my inspiration to help Ezraen. Anything I need to do or roll for that?

Remove ads