MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Axel

First Post
Brlo nods to the bookish man eating, his attention mostly drawn to the story tellers. Quietly, the dwarf stashes his pack and staff by the door, so as not to disturb the elf's tale.

At the conclusion, he shouts and cheers loudly. "Vottr! I'd know yer big hairy head anywhere!" Brlo calls, clapping the other dwarf on the shoulder and embracing him in the masculine dwarves style. He seems genuinely pleased to meet the other dwarf.

"I heard yer been workin' fer Uncle Gundren out 'ere. How's 'is business and yours? And yer families! By Moradin's beard it's been awhile..."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]
Castagyr glanced around and could not tell if there were any Redbrands in the common room or not. The atmosphere was friendly enough and on person invited them to sit. The Brlo found a cousin too.

“Well, this appears to be a happening place,” he commented to no one in particular as he followed the dwarven companion.

He introduced himself, “Good day. I am Castagyr, paladin of Torm.”

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus sits back down after standing at Leonan's behest, and after waving briefly to the rest of the assembled crowd.

He watches as the two new arrivals make their way to the table by the fire, where Vottr has already joined Leonan and the storyteller, Grat.

Eddicus finishes his mug of ale and says, "Be right back," to Garret; then he slips out of his seat and moves to the storyteller's table, tosses a copper piece into the cup there, nods to the storyteller and smiles at him wryly,* and nods to the others there also, then returns to the large table he just left.

OOC: Grat seems to Eddicus to be the type of person who would appreciate a wry smile as much as a jovial one. This, however, is a snap judgment on the cleric's part, and could easily be wrong. :)

Last edited:

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr pats Brlo firmly on the shoulder, returning his greeting.

"Family business is takin' a turn fer the worse, I'm hatin' to tell ye. Uncle's gone missing. Got hisself captured by goblins and then turned over to some other party afore we could get to him. Somethin ' shady is afoot or I'm a bearded gnome!"

Axel

First Post
Brlo grinned, despite the bad news. "Yer always had tha'look abart yer..."

The smile fades quickly. "Tell me 'bout Uncle then. Goblins yer say? When? Where? And why ar'ya 'ere instead o' out lookin' 'n' cleavin' 'eds?"

With a gentle nudge in his shoulder, Belo guided Vottr to the table that Catagyr had sat at. "Head fer the big dragon fellar. 'e's a friend o' mine lookin' t'save the' world 'n' all. Sort yer words ou' while I gets the drinks."

Brlo turned for the bar, having ordered a half barrel of Ungaet's Ale and a dozen mugs. Family business needed a lot of catching up on...

ooc: Going to guess at 1gp for a half-barrel of booze. Tell me if it's more.

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr extends a hand to Castagyr, "Well met and glad to know ye."

He then recounts the group's journey to date in short order: "We set out from Neverwinter two days back with instructions to meet Sildar and Gundren here. First day was easy goin'. Second day, we got not far from town and came across their horses dead on the trail. When we stopped, the little buggers ambushed us. We tracked 'em back to their caves, hopin' we'd find our folks. Took an arrow to the gut in the raid meself, but lucky fer me we had a cleric along," he nods towards Eddicus.

"We found Sildar, as well as the half-elf singer over yonder. But they'd done handed Uncle over to a third-party. We've just arrived here lookin' for news of Gundren or anyone who might have been the ones what took him."

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr shook the other dwarf’s hand in return.

After hearing the tale, the dragonborn’s eyes narrowed. This was more like the rumors he had heard about that brought him here. “It certainly sounds like the goblins I had heard about. Mayhap there is a connection to one called the Black Spider or the Spider.”

“I might just be a coincidence, but it might be the logical assumption. Are there any other clues to go on?”

Axel

First Post
Brlo sat quietly through the story, steadily drinking and periodically fidgeting with his mug. And getting progressively more and more angry. He hid it by adopting the role of host, pouring a mug for any of Vottr's companions who happened to be empty.

As the tale reached its end he slammed his wooden mug down onto the table. Hard. "Issin' outrage! A dwarf inn't a piece o' chattel t'be traded around! Issa'bart time som'n be teachen these goblins a lesson in manners!"

Filling everyone's mugs from the (now severely depleted) half barrel, Brlo stood and raised his drink high. "T'me Uncle Gundren! May Moradin keep'im 'ealthy till'e 'as 'is revenge!"

Sitting down again he spoke more quietly to Vottr. "I be settin' off in t'mornin' t'rescue 'im. Af'er I get word back t'the family. Yer be com' wit'me aye?"

Remove ads