D&D 5E Could a Mind Flayer (Illithid) devour another Mind Flayer's brain...?

E

Elderbrain

The thought crossed my mind that if Flayers find brains tasty, perhaps a Flayer MIGHT try chowing down on one of its fellows! Naturally, the cannibalistic Flayer would be a wanted fugitive from justice in its own society if this came to light... story seed! :cool:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Was there not a Vampire Illithid back in one of the older editions?

There was i just dont remember which either way it was hunted ruthlessly.

On one hand i could see them doing it as well they are believe they are the best thing since sliced bread on the other hand i think they wouldn't do it as well it would be the death of them.

In conclusion i would say they are perfectly capable but it is frowned upon in their society for survival reasons. There are some that would do it anyway i guess much like people but then have you seen a mindflayers stat block just try and eat his brain without him stunning you.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
There was i just dont remember which either way it was hunted ruthlessly.

On one hand i could see them doing it as well they are believe they are the best thing since sliced bread on the other hand i think they wouldn't do it as well it would be the death of them.

In conclusion i would say they are perfectly capable but it is frowned upon in their society for survival reasons. There are some that would do it anyway i guess much like people but then have you seen a mindflayers stat block just try and eat his brain without him stunning you.

I thought as "undead" they were invisible to normal mindflayers and caused fear for them.

PnPgamer

Explorer

Zardnaar

Legend
Lords of Madness had them in 3.5. I assume this would be akin to cannabalism in our own society and it would be all but impossible to get away with it in an elder brain community.

Remove ads