EBERRON: THE HIDDEN PbP

Sezarious

Explorer
Cyric regards the goblin child with a small amount of uncertainty before answering. As a large adult male standing on his own, he finds the small girls confidence in approaching a little unnerving. Having said that, Cyric is not the sort to ignore bravery. He awkwardly shifts from a stiff militant posture and responds to the girl, making sure he keeps at least 5 feet between him and her. "Er, well, young one, the weapon on my back is known as a scythe and in most circumstances in the plains is often used for the harvest of crops, much in the same way as a sickle is used to cut wheat". With that, he mimics the use of a sickle in the harvesting process, then looks back up at the girl to see if she has grasped the concept.

"Erm, some humble townsfolk over the years, have risen to become great warriors and their weapons of choice were the same pieces of farm equipment they used to work the lands. I personally wield this combat scythe for, well, religious reasons I suppose... N-now that I've told you something, can you tell me about these, two-faced monsters?" He begins to go red in the face at the awkwardness of the situation, then reverts to a stern look and tone of voice.

"And er, your parents should be close by! Why is an intelligent and inquisitive girl like yourself wandering around the docks alone hmm?" Worrying he may have sounded too harsh then, he tries going with humor instead. "Approaching strangers too! What if I were secretly a er- What do young girls know about that are scary, but not too scary? -An.... An evil erm... Frog or... fairy or erm.. BOOGEYMAN! A BOOGEYMAN! In disguise?" With that, he awaits her reply, hoping he hasn't terrified her.

"The monsters have come twice from the swamps. They look like two small people melted together. My father died during their second raid. It's just me and my ma now." answers the goblin girl. "ma is somewhere nearby helping the 'eb. I like you mister. Be careful or the 'eb will take your bladed weapon. They take everything from the tall newbies that come here." she adds with a proud smile.

"If you were one of those scary creatures the 'eb would 'ill you..... then take everything of value and use from you."

"I should be going mister. Momma wants me to check out where the House is. We have not paid them this week so we don't have any protection from them." and with that she happily smiles at you and giggles as she leaves.

As Chevri steps into the tavern the three look to you. The 1/2 elf (based on human sized body but pointed ears) nods and smiles. The others stare but make no aggressive actions.

"Sit wherever you wish." offers the woman serving food and drinks.

pathfinderq1

First Post
With one last flickering glance towards the brewing altercation on the docks ('What was going on out there?,' she wondered idly), Chevri moved past Vorik and into the tavern. Shaking back the hood of her cloak, she paused to return the half-elf's nod and smile. She took a brief look around the room before seeking out one of the larger tables.

Scotley

Hero
"Perhaps we should sit were we can see the dock should our friend get into trouble?" Voric politely motions to a table near the window and allows the others to sit and nods at the Innkeep. "Thank you." He takes a seat and glances at the other patrons.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Dairken

Nodding back at the fisherman, turning to the warforged, "Well, Nines, if that is your name, may the Twelve show mercy."

Dairken spies his group heading into the pub and sets off to follow them in, calling back as he slinks away into the crowd, "Go easy on that ugly furball, Nines, he is not intelligent enough to know better."

[sblock=Evasion]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[/sblock]

Once everyone is regrouped in the tavern the maiden takes orders and leaves to get food / drink.

The place is small and very quaint.

The three others at the table are talking and seem quite happy.

Jaynadine continues. "So much has happened since Rhaan. The swamps changing and new discoveries just waiting for the Houses to take advantage of. Many new opportunities."

"When did you arrive?"

"Here to find fame and fortune or just checking up me and this outpost.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Dairken

Arriving in time to hear the last question, Dairken chimes in,"Ah yes, Fame and Fortune, isn't that what we are all hear for? Any suggestions barkeep?" Pulling up a chair, swiveling it around, with a flourish he plomps himself at the table, a thin smile emerging.

Remove ads