EBERRON: THE HIDDEN PbP

Radaceus

Adventurer
Dairken

Grabbing a mug of mead, looking about the place before returning his attention to the table, Dairken replies nonchalantly, "Why yes, apparently the guardian is dead, the barriers are shred and the hidden lies ahead. but we are on our own, thus spake a warforged named Nines out there. It appears that fortune was not his friend" Leaning in to Vorik, and eyeing the rest of the group conspiratorially, he whispered, "And I wouldn't count on the town guards to be of a goodly nature."

Scotley

Hero
Vorik nods with a sad expression upon his face. "I will try to contact my house and get some proper folk here. This lawless mess can only breed trouble."

The warforged sitting to the nearby table watches you carefully then turns to listen to the crowd. The large scaly creature turns to look out the doorway. You spot an emblem on his chest that belongs to the god- Dol Arrah (God of Honor & Sacrifice). His slanted reptilian eyes narrow in frustration at the events outside. The female smiles and laughs. "Relax Torlank. The town law is there to settle it."

In a growl, you hear the warrior growl- "That is what bothers me."

"You are not a paladin Torlank. As a creation meant for war, it is up to the warforged to stand-up for himself." speaks montonely the warforged.

"Not all forged are built like you Slamfist. Dol Arrah does not agree. I do not agree."

"Relax and enjoy your drink. Tomorrow he seek grand adventure worthy of the world's finest adventurers." the bard sings to her two large companions.

The half-dragon warrior stands up abruptly and begins for the door. Before he takes three steps the activities break up as the warforged known as "Nines" flees down the dock followed by laughter.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Dairken

Holding the warforged's gaze for a moment, Dairken smiles and nods a greeting at the construct.
As the half-dragon begins to stand, the elf leans over and chimes in "Your friend is right to be concerned for Nines out there, this is an insidiously lawless place, and its obviously seeped into that forged's mechanisms, possibly crossed some wires."
"Dairken," He introduces himself, with a flourish, "newly arrived, as I am sure must be obvious, may I shout you a round and share tales?" He winks at the bard and signels the maiden to bring a few flagons to both of the tables

The warforged stares at you. His faceplate unreadable. The half-dragon warrior however now looks at you with distrust. "It is okay Torlank. "He seems harmless. If he misbehaves I'll swat him on the nose and scold him." The bard smiles and flirts. "I am Glamour."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Vorik raises his mug in salute of the three at the other table. "We are fresh off the boat and unused to the ways of this town. Are such scenes common?" he gestures outside.

"I would trust my sword instead of that held by the half-orcs that represent the law." grumbles the 1/2 dragon as he sits down again.

"Sadly, yes and it is increasing. Last year there was few outsiders here. Yrlag was a trading town centered around the Tharashk compound. As word has spread of the new conditions of the swamp- the population has already doubled. Mainly by folks seeking fame and fortune. Others are here to study the area. Merely growing pains I suspect. There are rumors of House Deneith being called in to help which gets the ticks on the Orcs riled up. It suggests weakness which they do not like."

A new comer stumbles into the bar. He is wet and moldy. His eyes are wild with unkept emotion. "Drink. Strong drink." He demands to the bartender.

Scotley

Hero
Vorik appraises the newcomer then says softly to his companions. "I think we should buy that fellow a drink. He looks like he has a story to tell." Wrinkling his nose he adds, "maybe a bath as well." He catches the barkeep's eye and holds up a coin. "You look like you've had a rough day. Let me buy you a drink and you can tell us about it."

Radaceus

Adventurer
Dairken

"Sounds as if you've been here awhile," Dairken alludes of the three between bites of his meal.

The elf watches the newcomer with interest, listening and nodding agreement with Vorik.

The warforged speaks in monotone- "Swamprat".
The woman smirks but places her hand on the warforge's arm to calm him. "Relax- I remember our first trek into the swamp. You sunk up to your waist in mud and we had to drag you out on a gurney back to Yrlag. Let the man be. He is traumatized."
"Many are these days." adds the draconic warrior.

"What is that? Oh yes, we have been here but we have not gone out. The mud... is an issue for us."

Remove ads