[LPF] Into the Wilds Part 1

Sezarious

Explorer
Three owls appear, ready to attack among-st the goblins and make their jobs more difficult, though how effective their contribution would be, remains to be seen...

[sblock=Mechanics]Will apply the celestial templates to them as per the spell description, though i don't think it really matters this fight anyway. Nonetheless, please see the owl stat block below. Given how I've found the built-in En-world roller a bit fiddly with multiple rolls, i'm going to roll the Owls attacks and damage in the OOC thread in case it doesn't work. If it doesn't, I'll post some Coyote code rolls in this post. The owls will last until the end of next round due to conjuration being Regars chosen school.

[sblock=Owl stats]
Page 132 - Bestiary

Owl CR 1/3

XP 135
N Tiny animal
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

DEFENSE

AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 size)
hp 4 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee 2 talons +5 (1d4–2)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 6, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 9
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +7, Perception +10, Stealth +15; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +4 Stealth

ECOLOGY

Environment temperate forests
Organization solitary or pair
Treasure none

Owls are nocturnal, rodent-eating birds that make very little noise in flight.

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Post Multi-roll attempt] I couldn't find an OOC thread and remembered we don't have one. I tried using the dice roller testing thread to make the roles with no luck: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?340379-Test-the-dice-roller/page16&p=6764521#post6764521, so without further ado, please see these rolls from coyote code:

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103612http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=103612_: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
1D4-2 = [1]-2 = -1
1D4-2 = [1]-2 = -1
1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
1D4-2 = [1]-2 = -1
1D4-2 = [3]-2 = 1
1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21
1D4-2 = [4]-2 = 2
1D4-2 = [3]-2 = 1

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Radaceus

Adventurer
Snorri Ironaxe, Stonelord (Paladin 1)

[section]
Barely able to contain his hatred for these creatures, Snorri bracing for the cart to halt, throws his light hammer at the closest Goblin, and vaults out onto the ground, sprinting to Tilley's side to Shield the farmer from the threat of javelins[/section]

[sblock=DT'] I messed up in my previous post, I do not have a hand axe, I carry light hammers, so I produced one of them as we approached, move is 20' unless I need to make a roll for dismount[/sblock]

[sblock='Attack Roll']
Throwing Light Hammer [roll0],
if hit, damage= [roll1]
[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Snorri Ironaxe Stonelord (paladin) 1st level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 20'

AC: 18 (touch 11; flat-footed 17) HP: 12/ 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +3

Hatred: Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes

In Hand: Light Hammer Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Bludgeoning, range 20'
Off Hand: Large Wooden Shield Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Bludgeoning

Conditions: None yet
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Two of Regar's owls successfully scratch up one of the goblin warriors, but lightly and only in so much to cause light bleeding. Snorri attempts to toss a light hammer, but his attack barely misses both a bat and a rider, the arc of his weapons flight causing it to land several feet away.

OOC: Everyone else still up.

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor snaps shut the history book he had been reading during the trip and scowls at the goblins in the air. "Acidum caelestia." He snaps his fingers and an ornate vial of viscous fluid appears in his hand. With a heave he tosses it at the nearest goblin's dire bat mount.
[/section]

[sblock=Ancient Landellian]
"Celestial Acid"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Action]
Ranged Touch Acid Splash:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

Kepli looks around the field of battle: she sees Regar casting a spell, Snorri throwing his hammer and moving to protect Tilley, and Maenor conjuring acid to throw at the nearest bat with an uncanny accuracy. She wonders if she could somehow aid Caius or Brog... Her eyes narrow as she contemplates the dwarf. Surely she could call upon the ancestral spirits of the dwarves to stir Brog to battle.

Kepli begins a low chant in the tongue of the angels hoping the dwarven ancestors will hear and listen to her plea. Kepli sees those mythic spirits from ages past rise and place their hands upon their descendant. Brog feels strong emotion settle upon him and fill him with the dwarves' ancestral hatred of goblinoids.

Scuttle flies towards the bats like an arrow released from a bow and screaming the entire way. He reaches the bat and harries the creature's wings, nipping at them with his razor-sharp beak.

[sblock=OOC]Use Fury hex on Brog: he gets +2 morale to attack and +2 resistance to save vs fear for 3 rounds.

Scuttle:
Move: enter dire bat square (provokes AoO)
Standard: Attack [roll0] for [roll1] dmg (min. 1 non-lethal)

FYI, casting Summon Minor Monsters works the same as the other Summon Monster spells: it takes a full-round action to cast and concentration must be maintained until the next round when the creatures appear and attack.

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used: Brog
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog feels the strength of his ancestor surge in him as he launches an arrow toward the wounded goblin warrior. "Today you shall pay for your crimes with your blood."

[sblock=actions]attack; damage: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24; 1D6 = [4] = 4
crit confirmation; extra crit damage: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21; 2D6 = [3, 1] = 4[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14)
*+4 vs Giants
HP: 14/14 Initiative: +1
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +8
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
*+4 vs bull-rush, trip when on ground
Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
*+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like abilities
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow
Current Conditions in Place: Fury Hex (+2 to attack, vs fear) 3 rounds[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
FYI, casting Summon Minor Monsters works the same as the other Summon Monster spells: it takes a full-round action to cast and concentration must be maintained until the next round when the creatures appear and attack.

Oh... I'd better dig up my Pathfinder PHB then and brush up on the rules then. Sorry I didn't realise. Originally I just thought by full round action, it meant I had to give up my movement. Obviously I need to do both.

Sorry DeuceTraveler, I've stuffed up. This means that your goblins are currently unimpeded by owls and can attack me on their turn to break my concentration I assume. I can then do whatever the following turn I assume?

Really sorry all. I don't want to be annoying Out of Character.[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Caius Aurelius, Soldier of Amenthia

Caius steps up onto the wagon's bench and rests his lead foot on the rail. "Focus your attacks, Friends! Bring the greenskins to ground and I'll be Amenthia's chirurgeon!"

[sblock=OOC]Free: Step up onto wagon bench for elevation (basically 5' step)
Standard: Ready attack against first enemy to swoop into melee range, up to and including leaping off the side of the wagon
[roll0]
[roll1] (adjusted +1 for sharpening with whetstone as mentioned earlier)

Sezarious, don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. Just double-check your spells from now on when you cast. Hey, at least you're contributing--that's more than I can say of Caius in Round 1.[/sblock]

[sblock=Caius's Mini Stats]Caius Aurelius
HP: 11/11
AC: 16 FF: 15 T: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
Perception: +7 S. Motive: +4
Initiative: +1
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Scythe
Daylight (Sp): 1/1 remaining
Smite: 1/1 remaining
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Maenor's spell hits the dire bat with the injured goblin rider, injuring the creature first and the rider via splash damage. Both scream in anger and frustration. Kepli wisely casts a spell on the most capable Brog, making him more so. Brog's arrow flies upwards and skewers the goblin rider through his eye. The warrior gurgles and twitches before his body slides from the saddle and falls all the way to the ground. Scuttle tries to make a messy spot even messier as it gets into the dire bats hovering area of flight. Scuttle does no damage, but does anger the now riderless dire bat, which attacks in return.

Dire Bat vs Scuttle
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

The two remaining goblin warriors each toss a javelin at Brog in anger.

Goblin Warrior 1 vs Brog
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Goblin Warrior 2 vs Brog
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

The goblins shout obscenities at you in a combination of Common and Goblinoid, before going higher up on their dire bats, then turning to get away. It looks like they were not anticipating such a strong bit of resistance, and are now fleeing. (Still at 45 feet away in case anyone wants to take another shot).

OOC: Just to move things along and since it was caused by a misinterpretation of the rules, I'm going with the owls being summoned the previous round and made to attack during this initial combat round.

Remove ads